LiveFight
December 11, 2017, 02:26:28 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jeffries eyes home rule!  (Read 1319 times)
DiscoPants

« on: June 17, 2009, 08:33:07 PM »

Olympic medallist Tony Jeffries will make an immediate return to his hometown of Sunderland for his third fight as a professional.
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12183_5385233,00.html

Jeffries, who won the light-heavyweight bronze medal in Beijing, is from the East Herrington area of the city and fought in front of a sold-out Crowtree Leisure Centre in his last outing.

Now the 24-year-old will now appear on the undercard of the British super-flyweight title clash between Lee Haskins and Ross Burkinshaw at the Seaburn Centre on July 10.

And although Jeffries is yet to find out who his opponent will be, he is relishing the chance to fight in front of his home fans again.

"It's going to be at the Seaburn Centre, right on the seafront, so it's going to be a great atmosphere," he said.

Atmosphere
"The atmosphere at the Crowtree was unbelievable, I never thought I'd box anywhere like that. It was probably the best moment of my life, walking to the ring and getting that support. It was brilliant.

"The following for Sunderland's football team is brilliant and now with me being the boxer from Sunderland who everyone knows, it's fantastic.

"There are a few more professional boxers from Sunderland coming through and it's good for them as well to get on the bill because people never really knew much about pro boxing in Sunderland."

Fellow Olympic bronze medallist Darren Sutherland - who lost to eventual champion James DeGale - will also fight on the undercard of the Sky Sport-televised event

TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE FROM TUESDAY

Tickets are 40 for unreserved seating, and ringside are 80

YOU CAN RESERVE YOURS NOW BY RINGING TONY'S MANAGER PHIL ON 0191 5640202

ALSO TICKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR FANS IN AND AROUND SUNDERLAND FROM TOTAL SPORT, THE QUEEN VIC PUB, TTONIC AND PADDYWACKS

LiveFight
« on: June 17, 2009, 08:33:07 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: