LiveFight
August 21, 2018, 05:19:42 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haye v Valuev venue announced  (Read 10016 times)
Hotdog
Executive Member

« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2009, 08:45:21 AM »

Im tempted to go over Dave,  I will wait to see if I get a ticket for the fight first.  If I do then I will go over.

Is Anna the Nuremberg equilivant of Taylor?
LiveFight
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2009, 08:45:21 AM »

Bolton Dave
Executive Member

« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2009, 08:48:28 AM »

Im tempted to go over Dave,  I will wait to see if I get a ticket for the fight first.  If I do then I will go over.

Is Anna the Nuremberg equilivant of Taylor?

Unfortunately, nowhere near as tidy but I still would

Bored of boxing - need some fights to excite me again
waller
V.I.P

« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2009, 08:48:46 AM »

Is anyone going over for this fight? I've just booked up - 237-50 for flights and 2 nights accom from Manchester. Flying Manchester to Nurenberg via munich on the way out and Nurenberg to Manchester via Zurich on the way home! Can't wait for it now, I love the city

What days and which airline company fella?

"English motherfucker, do you speak it?!"
Bolton Dave
Executive Member

« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2009, 08:52:16 AM »

What days and which airline company fella?

I booked it on expedia - its lufthansa on the way out and swiss air on the way home. I leave Manchester at 11.05 and coming home is around 1pm I think. The stop overs in Munich and Zurich are both only about an hour aswell each way.

Booked to stay in the Eurohotels and suites which is right in the city centre too

Hotdog
Executive Member

« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2009, 08:56:06 AM »

Unfortunately, nowhere near as tidy but I still would

I was gonna say Taylor definately takes some beating!   
LiveFight
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2009, 08:56:06 AM »

waller
V.I.P

« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2009, 11:44:05 AM »

We're looking at Leeds-Dusseldorf on the Wed, then Dusseldorf-Leeds on the Sun for 45inc taxes. 3 nights in Dusseldorf at place we stayed last time 60. Hire car on Sat and drive to Nuremberg 40 between 4 of us. Night in Nuremberg and of course the fight ticket. About 250 all-in.

Bolton Dave
Executive Member

« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2009, 12:09:08 PM »

Dusseldorf look a fair treck to Nuremberg, if you can, try and get a cheap direct flight to Munich (about 90 miles away) or even Frankfurt which is a bit further than Munich but much nearer than Dusseldorf. Just had a look on a map of Germany, Dusseldorf looks like it could be well over 200 miles from Nuremberg

EDIT

Just found this distance calculator site - it reckons on 225 miles

http://www.distance-calculator.co.uk/distance-from-dusseldorf-to-nuremberg.htm#top

Just read the bit about how long it would take to fly  Grin
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 12:16:17 PM by boltondave » Logged

CelticHiggo
V.I.P
Executive Member

"Its never too late to be what you might have been

« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2009, 12:29:28 PM »

DAVID HAYE wants to spar with heavyweight sensation Tyson Fury ahead of his WBA title clash with Russian giant Nikolay Valuev.
Former undisputed cruiserweight king Haye, 28, will attempt to take the WBA title off 7ft 2in Valuev when they meet in Germany on November 7.

And he admits working with unbeaten 21-year-old Fury who is 6ft 8in tall could benefit both men.

Londoner Haye, almost a foot shorter than Valuev at 6ft 3in, said: "If Tyson is available, then yes.

"I'm around and if he's got a fight coming up I am more than willing to spar with him. He doesn't have to pay me, that's for sure!

"If he wants to come down and do some work with me I'd more than appreciate it and I'm sure he would also."

Haye's trainer Adam Booth believes his man can adapt and work his way around Valuev's size.

Booth said: "I don't necessarily think Valuev's style is wrong for David.

"He's always thrived on taller and bigger opponents but we're not under-estimating Valuev.

"There's an easy, obvious statement to make about Valuev that he's big so he's slow. But he's actually not that slow and he's very effective at going 12 rounds.

"We'll prepare David for what Valuev does best and then have the answers for that."

"Never argue with an idiot.They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience".
Skav
Executive Member

« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2009, 01:12:36 PM »

DAVID HAYE wants to spar with heavyweight sensation Tyson Fury ahead of his WBA title clash with Russian giant Nikolay Valuev.
Former undisputed cruiserweight king Haye, 28, will attempt to take the WBA title off 7ft 2in Valuev when they meet in Germany on November 7.

And he admits working with unbeaten 21-year-old Fury who is 6ft 8in tall could benefit both men.

Londoner Haye, almost a foot shorter than Valuev at 6ft 3in, said: "If Tyson is available, then yes.

"I'm around and if he's got a fight coming up I am more than willing to spar with him. He doesn't have to pay me, that's for sure!

"If he wants to come down and do some work with me I'd more than appreciate it and I'm sure he would also."

Haye's trainer Adam Booth believes his man can adapt and work his way around Valuev's size.

Booth said: "I don't necessarily think Valuev's style is wrong for David.

"He's always thrived on taller and bigger opponents but we're not under-estimating Valuev.

"There's an easy, obvious statement to make about Valuev that he's big so he's slow. But he's actually not that slow and he's very effective at going 12 rounds.

"We'll prepare David for what Valuev does best and then have the answers for that."

Fury might be a suitable sparring partner. He's faster than Valuev and throws many more punches, though.

Check out my articles at: http://www.ringnews 24.com (all one word)
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2009, 01:36:08 PM »

Fury might be a suitable sparring partner. He's faster than Valuev and throws many more punches, though.

Agreed.
Hotdog
Executive Member

« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2009, 02:05:20 PM »

We're looking at Leeds-Dusseldorf on the Wed, then Dusseldorf-Leeds on the Sun for 45inc taxes. 3 nights in Dusseldorf at place we stayed last time 60. Hire car on Sat and drive to Nuremberg 40 between 4 of us. Night in Nuremberg and of course the fight ticket. About 250 all-in.

Dusseldorf is miles away mate.  As Dave said its over 200 miles.  I got the high speed train during the World Cup from Nuremburg to Cologne, which is close to Dusseldorf and it took about 3 1/2 hours.  You are definately better off going to Munich if you can, its not far at all or Frankfurt is still a bit of a trek, but better for a few beers than Dusseldorf.  
waller
V.I.P

« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2009, 06:35:09 PM »

Dusseldorf is miles away mate.  As Dave said its over 200 miles.  I got the high speed train during the World Cup from Nuremburg to Cologne, which is close to Dusseldorf and it took about 3 1/2 hours.  You are definately better off going to Munich if you can, its not far at all or Frankfurt is still a bit of a trek, but better for a few beers than Dusseldorf.  

I think we've found our route now. Thanks for the advice guys. Manchester-Munich return for 80. Bavaria ticket from Munich to Nuremberg 28. Hotel in centre 60. Not sure if the Bavaria ticket works on the Sunday coming back to Munich like  Huh?

Reason I haven't booked it yet is because one of the lads is worried in-case we don't get a fight ticket and the trip will be a wasted one. So to put his mind at rest when are the tickets expected to come out on sale, and what are the chances of getting 4?  Shocked

MFC_SE15
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2009, 06:55:53 PM »

Thought this was always likely after seeing Haye at the Fury fight.

If it does happen though how long before rumours start coming out about Fury 'battering' Haye come out  Grin
Bolton Dave
Executive Member

« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2009, 10:42:24 PM »

I think we've found our route now. Thanks for the advice guys. Manchester-Munich return for 80. Bavaria ticket from Munich to Nuremberg 28. Hotel in centre 60. Not sure if the Bavaria ticket works on the Sunday coming back to Munich like  Huh?

Reason I haven't booked it yet is because one of the lads is worried in-case we don't get a fight ticket and the trip will be a wasted one. So to put his mind at rest when are the tickets expected to come out on sale, and what are the chances of getting 4?  Shocked

Better choice of flights etc, you will be pleased you went for that route.

Been looking on lots of different websites for ticket details but nothing has become apparent as yet. However, the fight is only a little over 6 weeks away so I would imagine they will be on sale within the next weekish. As for getting 4 tickets - if you move quickly i.e the day they are on sale, I would think you will be ok. No doubt details of ticket sales will be posted on here as soon as someone comes across them  Wink

EDIT

According to this, tickets are on sale soon from www.ticketcorner.com - never used them before so don't know whether its gonna be the offical sale site or not

http://www.thefightnetwork.com/news/boxing/4658/valuev_haye_come_face_to_face_at_official_presser
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 10:58:42 PM by boltondave » Logged

Alba
Executive Member

"For what is a man,What has he got ?"

@Albagary
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2009, 07:29:13 AM »

Better choice of flights etc, you will be pleased you went for that route.

Been looking on lots of different websites for ticket details but nothing has become apparent as yet. However, the fight is only a little over 6 weeks away so I would imagine they will be on sale within the next weekish. As for getting 4 tickets - if you move quickly i.e the day they are on sale, I would think you will be ok. No doubt details of ticket sales will be posted on here as soon as someone comes across them  Wink

EDIT

According to this, tickets are on sale soon from www.ticketcorner.com - never used them before so don't know whether its gonna be the offical sale site or not

http://www.thefightnetwork.com/news/boxing/4658/valuev_haye_come_face_to_face_at_official_presser

hey there

just a heads up ...the offical sauerland website is http://www.boxen.com

it is mostly in German however they do transalte some English on it ...but you will get the ticket details on that site before anywere iw ould imagen .you can translate it through babelfish if needed
LiveFight

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: