LiveFight
February 23, 2018, 08:43:43 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CRAZY or CLASS?  (Read 3174 times)
liamo

« on: June 18, 2009, 08:21:28 AM »

Now that Floyd Mayweather Jnr. has pulled out of the fight against JMM due to injury, does this mean its scrapped or just delayed?

What I think would be an amazing testament to Ricky Hatton's character would be to fight JMM by the end of this year.

I personally think he should either retire, or stay fighting at the top level!

It would break my heart to see him announce a comeback at the Manchester City Stadium against an opponent that doesn't fully deserve the right to share a ring with the hitman i.e Juan Lazcano!

If ricky were to pull it off he would be right back in the fold with the elite. And if Ricky did not win, well then atleast he tried to compete at the top level and not just make a few pound beating a lower class opponent.

I think it would be Better to lose JMM than to beat the likes of Katsidis or Juan Diaz and Witter.

So my question is this. if its possible would you like to see Ricky Hatton-V-Juan Manuel Marquez by the end of this year?
LiveFight
« on: June 18, 2009, 08:21:28 AM »

jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 08:33:21 AM »

I agree that if he does carry on he needs to continue to operate at the top level, for that reason I think  the JMM fight would be a good one. I can only see one winner though, and it aint Ricky.
Brick Top
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 08:44:06 AM »

I would like to see him fight JMM, but Witter and Juan Diaz dont turn off either
Gibbo
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 09:08:48 AM »

Now that Floyd Mayweather Jnr. has pulled out of the fight against JMM due to injury, does this mean its scrapped or just delayed?

I think they are looking at a rescheduled date of September, which would mean he is unlikely to be ready for another fight at the end of the year.
Lane
V.I.P
Executive Member

I HATE AMIR KHAN

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 09:28:28 AM »

if ricky does continue to fight i tink his first fight back should be against someone like kastidis at M.E.N or o.2 if successfull then take a fight like jmm, i think he needs a fight against a world operator who has fought some gd names just to get his name back in the limelight

LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 09:28:28 AM »

the_budweiser

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 09:32:34 AM »

I think it would be Better to lose JMM than to beat the likes of Katsidis or Juan Diaz and Witter.

i think hatton v diaz would be a good scrap with diaz winning
joey_ed27

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 10:11:43 AM »

What I think would be an amazing testament to Ricky Hatton's character would be to fight JMM by the end of this year.

I personally think he should either retire, or stay fighting at the top level!

It would break my heart to see him announce a comeback at the Manchester City Stadium against an opponent that doesn't fully deserve the right to share a ring with the hitman i.e Juan Lazcano!

If ricky were to pull it off he would be right back in the fold with the elite. And if Ricky did not win, well then atleast he tried to compete at the top level and not just make a few pound beating a lower class opponent.

So my question is this. if its possible would you like to see Ricky Hatton-V-Juan Manuel Marquez by the end of this year?

I've always liked that idea  Grin.  Would not discount a ricky win against JMM at LW.  Heck if Juan Diaz gave him a tough time at 135 (for the early part atleast) what more from someone like Hatton at 140.

Come on GBP just give JMM a step aside fee and PBF-PACMAN should be a no brainer this year.

"..If you train hard, the fight's easy... You know.." - Pacman
Female Money Mayweather Fan

@Traceyone2one
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2009, 11:24:31 AM »

I think it's just delayed, we're waiting for another date to be announced
brocktonbomber
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2009, 12:36:45 PM »

Agreed.  Interestingly enough, I was playing blackjack with Juan Diaz the night before Pacquiao-Hatton and asked him who he liked in the fight. He picked Ricky.

JMM has way too much for Hatton at this point and I wouldn't be all that interested. Although if it provided him with a huge payday, I wouldn't begrudge him accepting it. I agree with those that suggest Katsidis as a good comeback fight should Ricky decide to fight on. Then he could better gauge what to do from there. Nothing wrong with a comeback fight like that after a loss imo. I don't understand the rational of people who say they'd hate to see their fighter take a match with so-and-so, almost like the fan's more worried about their ego than the fighter is about his. Gotta support your man no matter who he fights, if it's for a valid reason like a comeback fight. Frankly, I'd rather see Ricky have a loss against someone like Katsidis and decide that it really must be time to hang 'em up than come right back against an elite fighter who could seriously or permanently injure him. If Ricky wins against an opponent like Katsidis, then he can set his sights higher again.
burgh

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2009, 12:44:36 PM »

Agreed.  Interestingly enough, I was playing blackjack with Juan Diaz the night before Pacquiao-Hatton and asked him who he liked in the fight. He picked Ricky.

JMM has way too much for Hatton at this point and I wouldn't be all that interested. Although if it provided him with a huge payday, I wouldn't begrudge him accepting it. I agree with those that suggest Katsidis as a good comeback fight should Ricky decide to fight on. Then he could better gauge what to do from there. Nothing wrong with a comeback fight like that after a loss imo. I don't understand the rational of people who say they'd hate to see their fighter take a match with so-and-so, almost like the fan's more worried about their ego than the fighter is about his. Gotta support your man no matter who he fights, if it's for a valid reason like a comeback fight. Frankly, I'd rather see Ricky have a loss against someone like Katsidis and decide that it really must be time to hang 'em up than come right back against an elite fighter who could seriously or permanently injure him. If Ricky wins against an opponent like Katsidis, then he can set his sights higher again.

that sounds fair anuff...id like him to hang them up...but wont give him any stick for  trying to see if he has still got anything left in the tank or chin...i hope we hear somthing this year..

is he STILL on holiday. or is he back in england...?
Staffy
V.I.P

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2009, 12:53:18 PM »

Would not discount a ricky win against JMM at LW.  Heck if Juan Diaz gave him a tough time at 135 (for the early part atleast) what more from someone like Hatton at 140.

On that logic if Lazcano could give Rick one of the toughest times for quite a few years then christ i might have a go  Wink

Whoever, if ever he does lace them up again then fighting Lazcano as a so called tune up  :Smiley to settle the nerves after Floyd would mean that he will have to fight a thrre fight pro to stady himself after what happened last month. JMM is a very good fighter and at this point in time far to good to look at.
TheOutlaw
V.I.P

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2009, 02:07:15 PM »

Diaz is the fight i'd hope for if Ricky does decide to carry on. JMM has a little too much i think, back to back loses to Pac Man and JMM would ultimatly lead to retirement and a nasty 2 loss record at the end of an otherwise pretty good record.

If not Diaz then possibly Bradley or Katsidis, but i'd say JMM is a step too far after the manner of the defeat by Pac Man.
Brick Top
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2009, 02:27:15 PM »

On that logic if Lazcano could give Rick one of the toughest times for quite a few years then christ i might have a go  Wink

Whoever, if ever he does lace them up again then fighting Lazcano as a so called tune up  :Smiley to settle the nerves after Floyd would mean that he will have to fight a thrre fight pro to stady himself after what happened last month. JMM is a very good fighter and at this point in time far to good to look at.

Not neccisarily, Floyd was his 1st defeat, he'd never experienced that before as a pro where as Mannys his second so he may not feel the need to take an easy fight, although Lazcano turned out to be anything but
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: