LiveFight
October 17, 2017, 01:43:50 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marquez - Mayweather and Undercard (Spoilers)  (Read 23427 times)
Keegan Jacobs
The Truth
Executive Member

The Truth

« Reply #120 on: September 20, 2009, 05:54:22 PM »

what you all fail to realise is that Mayweather will not fight anyone with a chance of really beating him. He wont fight moseley next as he is too much of a risk. He may fight cotto or pacman afer they have beaten the hell out of each other and left there best in the ring. Mayweather is as good at picking punches as he is oppenents and they are both very calculated and precise.

what you fail to realize is that floyd doesnt take punishment like cotto or pacman even in his young career against top fighters like castillo, and coralles.

Maybe cotto and pacman should defend like mayweather so they dont have to beat the hell of each other and your lame excuses will come to an end ?

LiveFight
« Reply #120 on: September 20, 2009, 05:54:22 PM »

Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #121 on: September 20, 2009, 05:58:46 PM »

what you all fail to realise is that Mayweather will not fight anyone with a chance of really beating him. He wont fight moseley next as he is too much of a risk. He may fight cotto or pacman afer they have beaten the hell out of each other and left there best in the ring. Mayweather is as good at picking punches as he is oppenents and they are both very calculated and precise.

Who do you want him to fight exactly? Klitschko?

Floyd is just too good, it's about time naysayers wised up to the fact. He is back to secure his legacy as one of the very greatest ever, and he has started off by making a top p4p champion look like a chump, and there is nothing to suggest he wouldn't do the same to whoever else he fights. He looked awesome last night and for a guy who has been inactive for 2 years to be so much on the money, it is a frightening prospect what he will do in his next few fights.
fil1979
Executive Member

« Reply #122 on: September 20, 2009, 06:00:18 PM »

Well Fill its simple , mayweather has done his part and now we await the outcome of pacman vs cotto. Both are good fighters and most likely the winner will get mayweather jr next year .

Then you will know the difference between good and great fighters, i wish your pacman the best of luck in November.

TEAM MAYWEATHER

Likewise bro! Smiley

fil1979
Executive Member

« Reply #123 on: September 20, 2009, 06:01:08 PM »

fair answer but your man still has to beat Cotto, so a fight with FMJ might not even happen should Cotto win.

true enough.

Tomatron
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #124 on: September 20, 2009, 06:08:35 PM »

The thing is people are going on about Floyld not wanting to fight anyone, but Manny himself is very clever at picking his opponents especially recently. He picked the fights with Morales, when Morales was probably past his best, 1998- 2003 he was probably just on the decline, the same with Barrera, and he is now known as a legend killer, when Barrera and Morales were slightly on the t decline still decent, but not what they were to be honest.

But more importantly the selection of De La Hoya (Blatently past his best, Roach even mentioned it in the build up) David Diaz and Ricky Hatton both made for Manny, the blue prints were in place of how to beat both. Now if you are a Manny fan, you can argue differently, but these are the same people saying that Floyld picks his opponents despite Mannys defining fights were against Oscar and Ricky, and Floyld had dismantled both of them previously. We shall only find out in the ring, but my oppinion is if Manny gets past Cotto, Roach will not really want to fight Floyld to be honest.
LiveFight
« Reply #124 on: September 20, 2009, 06:08:35 PM »

jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #125 on: September 20, 2009, 06:13:50 PM »

I don't think many people will agree that FMJ dismantled Oscar but he was clearly way past his best when he fought Manny.
Last night I thought we saw an absolute masterclass from Mayweather, but it was noticeable how much bigger he looked than Marquez. He wouldn't have that same advantage over a Cotto or Mosley. Hopefully we will get Mayweather v Mosley in Jan or Feb then the winner of that to face the winner of Pacman v Cotto in June/July. I would back Mayweather to beat Mosley UD and am slightly favouring Pacman over Cotto. Then if its Pacman v FMJ you can basically flip a coin for my pick
Tomatron
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #126 on: September 20, 2009, 06:23:34 PM »

I don't think many people will agree that FMJ dismantled Oscar but he was clearly way past his best when he fought Manny.
Last night I thought we saw an absolute masterclass from Mayweather, but it was noticeable how much bigger he looked than Marquez. He wouldn't have that same advantage over a Cotto or Mosley. Hopefully we will get Mayweather v Mosley in Jan or Feb then the winner of that to face the winner of Pacman v Cotto in June/July. I would back Mayweather to beat Mosley UD and am slightly favouring Pacman over Cotto. Then if its Pacman v FMJ you can basically flip a coin for my pick

Floyld out boxed Oscar and to me the later the fight was getting the more dominant Floyld was. If Floyld beats Manny, will all the Manny fans be saying Floyld was to big for Manny? Because if Manny wants to mix it with the big boys, hes got to fight with what he has got.
Skav
Executive Member

« Reply #127 on: September 20, 2009, 06:44:27 PM »

Marquez didnt lose last night because of size, he lost because Floyd was better. You wernt as keen to blame the weight when Oscar had a shocking performance against Manny  :Smiley

Yes, we all know that Marquez would have most likely lost even at his natural weight but it's a bit crazy to not say the size difference didn't have any effect at all.

funny how your talking about weight but dont realize what DLH would of done to manny if he met his at welter while in his prime.

Just be ready sometime next year when pacman vs pbf fight or better yet ask your fighter if he really wants that fight ?  Grin
Truth getting closer and closer FIL, your fighter about to get exposed my friend.

I'd actually ask the same of you because even BEFORE the shane mosley thing happened in the interview, Kellerman asked Mayweather about Pac a few times and each time Mayweather refused to talk about him.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 06:47:38 PM by Skav » Logged

Brick Top
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #128 on: September 20, 2009, 06:51:35 PM »

Yes, we all know that Marquez would have most likely lost even at his natural weight but it's a bit crazy to not say the size difference didn't have any effect at all.

Did I say that?
pete postlethwaite
Executive Member

« Reply #129 on: September 20, 2009, 06:58:08 PM »

Hard to believe that since Mosley fought Margarito he is yet to reap the rewards of a deserved mega fight. Its looking like Clottey will be the likely opposition, not much reward there then.

Mayweather has done nothing to suggest that he is the best fighter at 147 pounds, he's fought no one. A real statement of intent would have been a bout with Mosley, but thats not gonna happen. Marquez wasn't able to come in beyond 142 pounds, it was not by any calculations a welterweight contest, it was an exercise in fiscal determination.

Butterbean would destroy Marquez, does that make it a valid win that contributes towards a legacy. If you want recognition at 147 pounds then fight a top tier 147 pound fighter. Not Gatti, or Hatton, Bladomir or Marquez. This whole franchise is so obviously fraudulent, how anybody can refer to this nefarious fellow as an all time great is stunningly misguided. The man is siphoning the life blood of the moribund boxig beast. There is no integrity whatsoever and boxing will, down the line, suffer as a result.

Gere in Galapagos.
harty
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #130 on: September 20, 2009, 07:09:25 PM »

though im growing to like floyd i would still like him tested...but thought last night he was faultless.and have to say considering he hasnt fought for a while his conditioning was superb...a true pro.

flowers of manchester
pete postlethwaite
Executive Member

« Reply #131 on: September 20, 2009, 07:11:25 PM »

If poundage determines that you cant even begin the process of applying your trade, then weight is the singular determining factor. Supposition regarding outcomes at a lower weight are not relevant, weight should not have been an issue. If the self proclaimed best fighter on the planet, a man motivated by money above all else, will not fight a man of equal poundage, and sacrifices hundreds of thousands of dollars to secure a further two pounds of leverage, what does that tell us ? It tells us everything we need to know, I'm amazed at the simplicity and success of the scam.

Gere in Galapagos.
Hitman
Executive Member

#everythingforareason

« Reply #132 on: September 20, 2009, 07:25:47 PM »

Hard to believe that since Mosley fought Margarito he is yet to reap the rewards of a deserved mega fight. Its looking like Clottey will be the likely opposition, not much reward there then.

Mayweather has done nothing to suggest that he is the best fighter at 147 pounds, he's fought no one. A real statement of intent would have been a bout with Mosley, but thats not gonna happen. Marquez wasn't able to come in beyond 142 pounds, it was not by any calculations a welterweight contest, it was an exercise in fiscal determination.

Butterbean would destroy Marquez, does that make it a valid win that contributes towards a legacy. If you want recognition at 147 pounds then fight a top tier 147 pound fighter. Not Gatti, or Hatton, Bladomir or Marquez. This whole franchise is so obviously fraudulent, how anybody can refer to this nefarious fellow as an all time great is stunningly misguided. The man is siphoning the life blood of the moribund boxig beast. There is no integrity whatsoever and boxing will, down the line, suffer as a result.

He fought Gatti at at 140  Wink

Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #133 on: September 20, 2009, 07:27:28 PM »

He fought Gatti at at 140  Wink

Gatti had already had his prime beaten out of him by Micky Ward and several others.
Hitman
Executive Member

#everythingforareason

« Reply #134 on: September 20, 2009, 07:33:16 PM »

Gatti had already had his prime beaten out of him by Micky Ward and several others.

What has that got to do with anything?

LiveFight

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: