LiveFight
October 19, 2017, 08:00:15 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marquez - Mayweather and Undercard (Spoilers)  (Read 23470 times)
pete postlethwaite
Executive Member

« Reply #135 on: September 20, 2009, 07:37:42 PM »

My mistake, indeed he did beat Gatti at 140 pounds. And was Gatti the best figther that he could have faced at 140, he clearly was not. Anybody startng to see a pattern ?

Gere in Galapagos.
LiveFight
« Reply #135 on: September 20, 2009, 07:37:42 PM »

Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #136 on: September 20, 2009, 07:41:05 PM »

What has that got to do with anything?

Forgive me if I'm misunderstanding your original point but were you not using the Gatti fight as an example of Floyd achieving LWW recognition by beating a proper top class LWW in Gatti?
Hitman
Executive Member

#everythingforareason

« Reply #137 on: September 20, 2009, 07:52:32 PM »

Forgive me if I'm misunderstanding your original point but were you not using the Gatti fight as an example of Floyd achieving LWW recognition by beating a proper top class LWW in Gatti?

No

I was correcting Pete who said that Floyd fought Gatti at 147

Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #138 on: September 20, 2009, 07:53:25 PM »

No

I was correcting Pete who said that Floyd fought Gatti at 147

Ahhh ok sorry!
blow_jab

« Reply #139 on: September 20, 2009, 08:26:37 PM »

If poundage determines that you cant even begin the process of applying your trade, then weight is the singular determining factor. Supposition regarding outcomes at a lower weight are not relevant, weight should not have been an issue. If the self proclaimed best fighter on the planet, a man motivated by money above all else, will not fight a man of equal poundage, and sacrifices hundreds of thousands of dollars to secure a further two pounds of leverage, what does that tell us ? It tells us everything we need to know, I'm amazed at the simplicity and success of the scam.
You nailed it. And no one replied...
LiveFight
« Reply #139 on: September 20, 2009, 08:26:37 PM »

Haynesey

'Can that man fight.' Larry Merchant

« Reply #140 on: September 20, 2009, 08:36:37 PM »

My mistake, indeed he did beat Gatti at 140 pounds. And was Gatti the best figther that he could have faced at 140, he clearly was not. Anybody startng to see a pattern ?

With Cotto not yet being ready for Mayweather (according to Arum), and Hatton wanting to postpone a bout until he had achieved greater recognition in the U.S, there was little else for Floyd to face. It was around this time that Mayweather again called out Mosley, along with De La Hoya, for a bout at welterweight
Tito
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #141 on: September 23, 2009, 06:27:58 PM »

Read a lot of these pages and there is a lot of Floyd bashing on.  :Smiley

We as Boxing fans should be savouring watching this Guy fight because he is a Modern day Great worthy of being a top 5 of all time. How people come to the conclusion he is had a easy ride is bordering on lunacy a 6 time World Champion undefeated in 5 weight classes and a World Champion after being a Pro just over a year. There is no fighter in the modern era comes close to him in natural ability and even though his style is cautious I still find him very appealing to watch. He is a defensive fighter and technically as good as anyone ever to lace them up. His record since 2005 as been open to some slagging but he as hardly fought a list of bums.
I look forward to seeing him fight again even though Manny or Cotto are great fighters they both will get took to school if they ever face him. I have said for years I think Floyd is unlucky enough to be judged more on his personality rather than his career which is pretty much unequalled in the modern era.

LiveFight

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: