LiveFight
August 16, 2018, 12:04:46 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MURRAY - Khan and get me!!  (Read 5718 times)
BlueTaylor
Executive Member

« on: June 18, 2009, 01:11:45 PM »

John Murray says he would to love to step into the ring with Amir Khan should Andreas Kotelnik pull out of their rescheduled world title clash on July 18.

Khan was due to challenge for Kotelnik's WBA light-welterweight title in London on June 27 but the Ukrainian had to pull out with a tooth infection.

The fight - which is live on Sky Box Office - has now been rescheduled to the MEN Arena in Manchester and Murray says he would love to step in at short notice if Kotelnik has problems.

The undefeated British boxer, who improved his perfect record to 27-0 with an impressive demolition of English champion Scott Lawton, said: "Boxing seems to be jinxed at the moment with fighters getting injured.

"In the space of a couple of weeks you've had David Haye, Floyd Mayweather Jnr and now Kotelnik having to postpone fights and I just want to make it clear that I'm willing to get in there with Amir if Kotelnik has any more problems.

"To be honest I know that the Manchester fans would be way more interested in seeing me and Khan getting on it than the Kotelnik fight anyway and it would pack out the MEN.

"What a night that would be. I think it would be up there with the likes of Benn and Eubank in terms of big British fights.
Sensational scrap

"I think our styles would really match up to make it a sensational scrap but ultimately I don't think he'd be able to deal with my pressure, strength and power."

Murray had to give up his British lightweight title after failing to make the limit by the smallest of margins at the weigh-in before his fight with Lawton.

He went on to stop Lawton in the sixth round but abandoned any post-fight celebrations on Saturday after he was told that the Khan - Kotelnik clash was in doubt.

"I went home, watched the fight back and had an early night because I was told that Khan might be looking for a new opponent for the original June 27 date," said Murray.

"My promoter Mick Hennessy told them that I'd be available for the 27th but they've rescheduled it now for July 18 but if Kotelnik has any more problems then I'll be ready to step in for him.

"I've offered to fight Khan quite a few times over the years now but nothing's ever come of it. He hasn't even proved he's the best fighter in his weight in Greater Manchester let alone Britain, Europe or the world."

Khan recently said he rated Kotelnik as the worst world champion in boxing and Murray agrees it is a fight that his rival can win as long as his chin holds up.

Nothing special

He added: "Kotelnik's nothing special. He was a decent amateur and he's tough and strong but Junior Witter beat him a few years back in a European title defence and I've never been overly impressed with Kotelnik any time I've seen him.

"Khan's fast and flashy but he still makes so many mistakes and his chin is obviously suspect.

"Breidis Prescott needed less than a minute to prove that and anyone that catches Khan square on the chin with a half decent punch will probably knock him out."

« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 01:35:10 PM by BlueTaylor » Logged

LiveFight
« on: June 18, 2009, 01:11:45 PM »

Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 01:58:29 PM »

would be a good fight but can't see frank risking it tbh

A Slice of Life
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 02:01:57 PM »

Never happen now.

1) Murray is to big a risk

2) wont earn enough for W*****/Khan

1+2 = risk to reward is not good enough
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 02:13:00 PM »

As long as Khan kept his chin tucked in there would only be one winner. Murray gets hit far too easily.
Flo
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 02:16:47 PM »

I wouldn't mind seeing this but I think he's wrong to suggest we're not interested in Kotelnik.
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 02:16:47 PM »

Gavin
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 02:17:59 PM »

Cant see Khan wanting to fight Murray in Manchester!! The crowd would slaughter him!!

Neil
V.I.P

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 06:00:24 PM »

Cant see the fight ever happening, but I would like to see it
Brick Top
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2009, 06:01:16 PM »

Does anyone else feel another Hatton Witter situation brewing???
Neil
V.I.P

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2009, 06:02:33 PM »

Does anyone else feel another Hatton Witter situation brewing???

I dont see it happening mate
jogocrazy

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2009, 06:34:06 PM »

I wont be going to watch kahn BUT if he is fighting Murray I will def go along with a bunch of mates  Grin

Would be a great night out
V.I.P
Executive Member

Team Sevens

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2009, 06:40:34 PM »

I wouldn't mind seeing this but I think he's wrong to suggest we're not interested in Kotelnik.

He doesn't say we wouldn't be, just rightly that the Manchester crowd would have more interest in seeing him and Khan than Kotelnik and Khan.
Lane
V.I.P
Executive Member

I HATE AMIR KHAN

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2009, 07:45:10 PM »

if for some reason fwank decides to let murray fight i would be so happy because murray has been hounding him for years. (i cant see it happening risk to high for khan) and for brick tops sake witter chased hatton for years and never got a crack yet and this could be the same for the cool mancunian

WelshDevilRob
Executive Member

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2009, 07:47:52 PM »

"I think it would be up there with the likes of Benn and Eubank in terms of big British fights."

No it wouldn't John.

David Haye on Klitschko:"All I need is a ring and a ref who can count to ten"
Skav
Executive Member

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2009, 11:23:47 PM »

Murray has just fought and won't be ready in time.

Check out my articles at: http://www.ringnews 24.com (all one word)
Hitman
Executive Member

#everythingforareason

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2009, 11:25:24 PM »

Murray has just fought and won't be ready in time.

He would need 6 month to make weight  Lips Sealed

LiveFight

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: