LiveFight
April 21, 2018, 03:49:19 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MURRAY - Khan and get me!!  (Read 5487 times)
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2009, 06:43:49 AM »

Khan's too mobile for Murray IMO, and too rangey. It wont ever happen, but if it did i'd have to say Khan for the win.
LiveFight
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2009, 06:43:49 AM »

mac-rebel021
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2009, 11:39:13 AM »

A Couple of fights back i would of said john had amir.s now im not so sure after watching his last few fights he is a bit too leaky in defence and i think with freddie in amirs corner he would exploit that to the max

its not the size of the dog in the fight
its the size of the fight in the dog
Sez
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2009, 11:46:31 AM »

"What a night that would be. I think it would be up there with the likes of Benn and Eubank in terms of big British fights.
Sensational scrap

REALLY??? Doubtfull!
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2009, 12:02:31 PM »

"What a night that would be. I think it would be up there with the likes of Benn and Eubank in terms of big British fights.
Sensational scrap

REALLY??? Doubtfull!
Exactly. Who is he kidding? Murray is a rough fighter with average skill at this level and a poor defence. Khan doesn't have the chin to compare to either Benn or Eubank despit being quite skillful. The odds are that Khan out boxes him for 12 rounds or stops him late due to wearing him down or Murray bangs him out. It's not going to be a chess match and neither is it going to be a toe to toe war.
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2009, 12:26:49 PM »

I used to think Murray would handle Khan inside 12 rounds.

Not so sure anymore if im honest.

Khan is making good progress under Freddie Roach in LA wheras Murray cant even make weight for a mediocre fight that's just down the road from his house.
LiveFight
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2009, 12:26:49 PM »

bigbibbs

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2009, 12:29:22 PM »

Lets sit tight and see how good Khan is against a fighter who hits back! He has fought a superfeather in his last two fights and one had one eye to see out of.  Khan will get better for about two to three more fights. I am not so sure anymore about anyone British beating him but i am sure there are a few who wold love to try.

Personally i think Khan loses on the 18th
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2009, 12:34:46 PM »

I used to think Murray would handle Khan inside 12 rounds.

Not so sure anymore if im honest.

Khan is making good progress under Freddie Roach in LA wheras Murray cant even make weight for a mediocre fight that's just down the road from his house.
Murray's not a noted puncher either. McAllister had not power and Murray walked him down. He was getting hit alot when Lee was boxing. Khan's much better than that offensively so John couldn't walk him down unless he knew he could stop him. Roach is making Amir more elusive. I would say that Khan would be winning on points even if Murray managed to knock him out.
Socrates
V.I.P
Executive Member

Happy Valenbirthiversary

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2009, 03:51:38 PM »

I'm going to be controvesial here and pick Murray to beat him.

Whilst Murray is not a notable puncher I think we all know that it doesn't take that to put Khan down. Yes I agree Khan will be more elusive and his defence much better now he is training with Roach, but I still think Murray has more than enough pop to put him down.

I think Khan would perhaps win the first 4 or 5 rounds but that John would eventually wear him down. I agree that he ships shots but I don't think Khan is a big puncher, it's usually volumes of shots and a stoppage rather than a KO which have ended Khan's fights.

If you love something set it free. Unless it's a tiger.
Tomatron
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2009, 04:57:37 PM »

Gotta aggree Socrates.

I would fancy Murray to do the business if that fight were to take place. Murray although not a spectacular one punch ko artist, (very similiar to hatton), he wears you down and is very good and clever in close quaters, and finds himself a lot of space to deliver some good shots.

Everybody is looking at his latest fights saying that he gets hit to easily, but Murray has marched his opponents down, and when got in close has done the business and looked very very dominant, okay he gets hit to easily, but before the Barrera fight, Khan was getting knocked down, by guys who quite frankly cannot bang, Limmond in particular, Gomez in fairness has still got a good dig on him. Ad how many fights has Amir won in the last 5-6 fights, and has dominated from start to finish, Earl? definately, but off hand i cannot think of mang dominant performances, and the opponents of amirs were no better than johns.

People often point out saying that Murray doesnt do any one thing brilliantly, like Khan speed of hand is spectacular, But what Murray does have a decent chin, he wont be getting sparked out, and i think he needs the jump up in level to bring out the best, theres only so long he can keep hyping himself up for guys he knows before he goes in there he will beat, and beat up. So Murray would be out to prove himself, where as Amir seems to think he belongs with the Mannys and Floylds of this world, so i think the psycological edge would be with John.

Murray finish before 12.
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2009, 05:08:05 PM »

Gotta aggree Socrates.

I would fancy Murray to do the business if that fight were to take place. Murray although not a spectacular one punch ko artist, (very similiar to hatton), he wears you down and is very good and clever in close quaters, and finds himself a lot of space to deliver some good shots.

Everybody is looking at his latest fights saying that he gets hit to easily, but Murray has marched his opponents down, and when got in close has done the business and looked very very dominant, okay he gets hit to easily, but before the Barrera fight, Khan was getting knocked down, by guys who quite frankly cannot bang, Limmond in particular, Gomez in fairness has still got a good dig on him. Ad how many fights has Amir won in the last 5-6 fights, and has dominated from start to finish, Earl? definately, but off hand i cannot think of mang dominant performances, and the opponents of amirs were no better than johns.

People often point out saying that Murray doesnt do any one thing brilliantly, like Khan speed of hand is spectacular, But what Murray does have a decent chin, he wont be getting sparked out, and i think he needs the jump up in level to bring out the best, theres only so long he can keep hyping himself up for guys he knows before he goes in there he will beat, and beat up. So Murray would be out to prove himself, where as Amir seems to think he belongs with the Mannys and Floylds of this world, so i think the psycological edge would be with John.

Murray finish before 12.
Who has tested it? McAllister, Meager and Lawton have 18ko's out of 75 wins. That's not good. Even a very average chin could deal with that.
Skav
Executive Member

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2009, 05:20:51 PM »

Lets sit tight and see how good Khan is against a fighter who hits back! He has fought a superfeather in his last two fights and one had one eye to see out of.  Khan will get better for about two to three more fights. I am not so sure anymore about anyone British beating him but i am sure there are a few who wold love to try.

Personally i think Khan loses on the 18th

I agree.

Kotelnik has a good ram rod of a jab that I think will trouble Khan. He took Witter to the trenches too so it's not a foregone conclusion that it will be a Khan victory.

Check out my articles at: http://www.ringnews 24.com (all one word)
Tomatron
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2009, 10:01:32 AM »

Yes but khans opponents are equally feeble punchers, differance is amirs getting floored
LiveFight

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: