LiveFight
July 17, 2018, 07:54:54 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gary Young to take on Gary McMillan  (Read 2271 times)
Alba
Executive Member

"For what is a man,What has he got ?"

@Albagary
« on: October 02, 2009, 10:51:02 AM »

http://garyreilly.blogspot.com/2009/10/gary-mcmillan-and-gary-young-go-head-to.html

Gary McMillan and Gary Young go head to head in an all Edinburgh battle

Being out of the ring for just over 2 years ,Edinburgh welterweight Gary Young (17-1) is looking to bring himself back into the boxing wilderness with a Scottish title shot against fellow Edinburgh resident Gary McMillan (9-1).

McMillan,who trains at the Lochend gym in Edinburgh,is currently in LA training at the famous Wild Card gym and is a regular sparring partner of Alex Arthur. The only loss on his record was actually on his début were he lost on points to Scott Woolford. Since then he has been on a nine fight winning streak winning most fights on points and just one knock out.

Not really a cross road fight as neither of the fighters are veterans,but I am sure Young will be looking at the fight as stepping stone to better things and help him continue his winning ways he had become accustomed to. I understand in the run up to this fight the will be using the services of Aberdeen Commonwealth champion Lee McAllister.

With both fighters being not only form Edinburgh but from the south of the city,this will add another dimension to a fight that could certainly take either fighters reputation to a higher level in the city.

Both fighters will contest the vacant title on a card promoted by veteran promoter Alex Morrison. A venue is still to be dictated but I am confident they could hold a fight of this significant in Edinburgh.

The untelevised bout will take place on November 28th,and ticket details will be announced soon .
LiveFight
« on: October 02, 2009, 10:51:02 AM »

PocketRocket

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 09:13:48 PM »

Lee sparred Gary yesterday and again this morning in preparation to his fight with Charlie King next Saturday!
Alba
Executive Member

@Albagary
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 09:26:18 PM »

Lee sparred Gary yesterday and again this morning in preparation to his fight with Charlie King next Saturday!

That is right spoke to Gary the other night,he's there for re week.also the date has changed to November 15th and is being held in the glasgow pavilian theatre
fil1979
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 09:29:40 PM »

is this the same Gary Young that sparred with the Pacman in preparation for his fight with Ricky? if so more power to him!  Smiley

PocketRocket

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 11:53:16 AM »

Yeah it's the same Gary Young from Scotland.  He's a welter if I'm correct and was over training out of teh wildcard gym for a good while I believe.
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 11:53:16 AM »

Alba
Executive Member

@Albagary
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2009, 02:25:56 PM »

is this the same Gary Young that sparred with the Pacman in preparation for his fight with Ricky? if so more power to him!  Smiley

that is the one mate,hes bakc over here now .
dave j

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2009, 04:08:36 PM »

Yeah it's the same Gary Young from Scotland.  He's a welter if I'm correct and was over training out of teh wildcard gym for a good while I believe.

hes light middle according to box rec,,just checked again and hes fighting at welter for next bout
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 04:10:54 PM by dave j » Logged
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: