LiveFight
February 20, 2018, 05:45:44 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: clinton woods  (Read 1428 times)
leerhodes

« on: June 20, 2009, 08:38:35 PM »

anybody heard any news about clinton woods title shot where and when it will be ?
LiveFight
« on: June 20, 2009, 08:38:35 PM »

Lane
V.I.P
Executive Member

I HATE AMIR KHAN

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 01:32:21 PM »

he is suppose to be fighting tarvorious cloud later on this year for the ibf title i think or one version of a title  Smiley

WelshDevilRob
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 09:26:32 PM »

He was meant to be fighting Tavoris Cloud - a fight I think he'll lose.

Though Boxrec doesn't have it listed - so has it fallen through?

David Haye on Klitschko:"All I need is a ring and a ref who can count to ten"
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 10:20:37 PM »

www.fightnews.com

Campillo upsets Garay!
Claims WBA light heavyweight title

By Lee Bates

In a stunner, now former WBA light heavyweight champion Hugo Garay of Argentina (32-4, 17 KOs) was defeated last night by challenger Gabriel Campillo of Spain (18-2, 6 KOs) in Sunchales, Santa Fe, Argentina by majority decision. Garay came out very strong for the first six rounds of the fight throwing a large volume of punches and simply outworking the retreating Campillo for the most part. The southpaw Campillo was blocking a lot of the punches and moderately throwing some in return while circling from left to right. It appeared that it was Campillo’s strategy to tire Garay out and it appeared to work. From round seven on Campillo seemed like a different fighter as he became the aggressor and was snapping Garay’s head back on several occasions from his southpaw stance. Garay showed heart but tired down the stretch. In the end, the judges had it 115-114 and 114-113 for Campillo and 114-114.

If the Cloud fight is off then Woods should try to get a fight against Campillo. A much easier route. The only problem is that Woods os not ranked in the top 15 by the WBA.
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: