LiveFight
April 22, 2018, 09:59:20 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haye v Valuev done around 800000 ppv buys!  (Read 5971 times)
Alba
Executive Member

"For what is a man,What has he got ?"

@Albagary
« on: November 09, 2009, 09:26:15 AM »

well according to the telegraph.Gareth davies is one of the better boxing journos.if this is correct that is realy surprising ,i didnt expect it to do that well.not wanting to take it away ,do you think the fact it was on at a reasonable time had something to do with it?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/boxingandmma/6525627/New-world-champion-David-Haye-wants-home-title-defence-against-John-Ruiz.html

so i guess we have a new ppv star then!and thoise figures trumped the recent khan/kotelnick PPV (which was supposed to have only been around 50000 buys).
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 12:02:24 PM by Red » Logged
LiveFight
« on: November 09, 2009, 09:26:15 AM »

Hotdog
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 11:30:56 AM »

I can well beleive it.  Beforehand,  I didnt think it would do that well, but I know loads of people who never usually watch boxing who brought the fight.   I think it has everything to do with the time and the way Haye worked his arse off in the weeks building upto the fight he was everywhere promoting it.
lacollier883

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 11:53:03 AM »

Wasnt the amount of money David made linked to the PPV sales. If so then good news for him
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 12:02:38 PM »

video added to 1st post.  Cool
WelshDevilRob
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 12:03:01 PM »

wouldnt surprise me... theres usually one or two comments on facebook after a big fight, ricky etc, but after haye it seemed everyone watched it!
probably has got a lot to do with the time, plus the promotion haye did... but more than anything the fact valuev is 7' 2" and 22 stone. everyone loves a freak show.

Completely agree, mate. Especially with the curiosity factor - the newspapers got behind the fight and it got mentioned quite a few times on the main TV channels. The general sports fan bought into the 'David vs Goliath' hype.

David Haye on Klitschko:"All I need is a ring and a ref who can count to ten"
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 12:03:01 PM »

WelshDevilRob
Executive Member

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 12:05:29 PM »

Just to add to the viewing figures.

"The clash drew a sensational peak market share of 40,5 percent (8,4 million viewers) on German free-to-air giant ARD."

David Haye on Klitschko:"All I need is a ring and a ref who can count to ten"
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 12:14:17 PM »

I heard he's pocketed around 5m for the fight.

He was completely correct to drop out of the Setanta-back Vitali fight if you ask me.

He now has a belt, plus SKY behind him.

Che Guevara
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2009, 12:43:41 PM »

He was completely correct to drop out of the Setanta-back Vitali fight if you ask me.

totally agree, he took a bit of a risk but its def paid off. great business move.
BR6

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2009, 12:49:59 PM »

Back injury!!!! Wink Wink nudge nudge.

He knew full well Setanta weren't gonna pay him cos they were going belly up so as you say a sound sound business move to make up the back injury.

He's backwas about as bad as his broken hand/finger that has no swelling.  Wink

Gotta love the Haye man. It's official, us Millwall boys have the hardest fan in the world!!!!  Grin
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2009, 01:02:09 PM »

If he wasn't really injured then it was a great business decision but not so for us fans who had already forked out to go and watch him
Lane
V.I.P
Executive Member

I HATE AMIR KHAN

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2009, 02:32:03 PM »

alot of people watched the fight i go school and majortiy of people were talking about shows how well the hayemaker has done to promote the fight and thats all good for the future, i bet some people are thinknig who are these klitschko brothers do they fight together on each others shoulders and make this mega kltschko

Tito
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2009, 07:54:46 PM »

If Haye as done 800k buys then that is a fantastic achievement. Its about 12.5 Million gross and no doubt Sky will feature him on SBO for the reminder of his title run. If Haye's pay is linked to SBO then he should make it clear that if he is to fight in the UK and HBO or Showtime want to screen his fights then they are going to have to screen it mid afternoon unless they make it worth his while fighting at 3am.
If Haye fights at 10pm in the UK he will do good numbers but fighting at 3am will tarnish that because casual fans don't really stay up late. I know Hatton did good numbers with Pacquaio and Mayweather but the lesser names at a 3am start didn't do so good.

gileo

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2009, 09:10:16 PM »

If Haye as done 800k buys then that is a fantastic achievement. Its about 12.5 Million gross and no doubt Sky will feature him on SBO for the reminder of his title run. If Haye's pay is linked to SBO then he should make it clear that if he is to fight in the UK and HBO or Showtime want to screen his fights then they are going to have to screen it mid afternoon unless they make it worth his while fighting at 3am.
If Haye fights at 10pm in the UK he will do good numbers but fighting at 3am will tarnish that because casual fans don't really stay up late. I know Hatton did good numbers with Pacquaio and Mayweather but the lesser names at a 3am start didn't do so good.

I read somewhere that he pockets 5 for every buy on PPV, so fantastic for him. About time he made some serious money, hopefully some of it will go back into Hayemaker Promotions and we have some good cards again.

If both Ruiz and A.Klitschko is in London, surely he'll make more money from say 1.2m sales (and gate money which he didn't get Sat night) on PPV starting at 10pm rather than taking $2m from HBO?
mac-rebel021
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2009, 09:12:03 PM »

does become the major draw now in britain  bypassing the hitman with his win on sat

its not the size of the dog in the fight
its the size of the fight in the dog
Laney
V.I.P
Executive Member

Eddie Hearn fanclub

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2009, 09:18:01 PM »

I think a lot of the buys is to do with the david vs goliath story. All my non boxing fan mates were genuinely excited to see the fight to see if david could slay goliath and these guys dont even get too bothered by a hatton fight. Dont think Ruiz will do half as many buys and a Klitschko fight may do around the same as this if promoted right.

Entered the stadium on a bus, left looking like he'd just been hit by one.
LiveFight

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: