LiveFight
May 27, 2018, 07:50:46 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haye v Valuev done around 800000 ppv buys!  (Read 6063 times)
TC

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2009, 11:12:24 PM »

Don't you think it's also to do with it being at Heavyweight? For some reason that division tends to capture the general public's imagination far more than the lower weights.

The daft thing is these people who could be new fans won't be arsed about manny cotto, which will be a far better fight, and cost them nothing to watch if they already have Sky.

"Me: We"
LiveFight
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2009, 11:12:24 PM »

Laney
V.I.P
Executive Member

Eddie Hearn fanclub

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2009, 11:21:21 PM »

Don't you think it's also to do with it being at Heavyweight? For some reason that division tends to capture the general public's imagination far more than the lower weights.

The daft thing is these people who could be new fans won't be arsed about manny cotto, which will be a far better fight, and cost them nothing to watch if they already have Sky.

Agree on both points mate. Think the biggest grossing fight pre Mayweather vs De La Hoya was Tyson vs Lewis or Holyfield but a majority of the top 10 are heavyweight fights.

Also when talking about the fight I was saying I am looking forward more to Manny and Cotto and they were like who haha!

Even though its great new people getting involved in the sport some peoples opinions really annoy me! Putting things on facebook before the fight like Haye to win in the first and all this really racks me off! I know we all begin to like the sport  with hardly any knowledge on the sport but some people I know think they are Coventrys answer to Bert Sugar!

Entered the stadium on a bus, left looking like he'd just been hit by one.
Gavin
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2009, 11:25:24 PM »

There was a guy in the pub I was watching it in, a 'huge' boxing fan aparently. Spent the whole night shouting "fookin knock tha wanka oot" and "fookin useless". After the fight everyone was chatting and I said I was looking forward to the Pacquiao Cotto fight next week more, Mr boxing hadnt even heard of them!

stephen thompson
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2009, 11:51:08 PM »

with a bit of a lay off with the hand and already his next oponent known to him, david haye should be pimping him self out like mad. I would
, if i was his promoter, have the belt sewn to him from now to march. make britain know we have a champ . its not that difficult to get free promotion.

Happy Holidays is what the terrorists say so.....merry Christmas one and all

Gavin
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2009, 11:55:21 PM »

They say its his 5th Metatarsial (sp?) thats broke, theres a pic of him at Millwall on Sky Sports website with his fingers taped together and he is clenching his fist, so hopefully it isnt too bad.

LiveFight
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2009, 11:55:21 PM »

WelshDevilRob
Executive Member

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2009, 12:03:15 AM »

They say its his 5th Metatarsial (sp?) thats broke, theres a pic of him at Millwall on Sky Sports website with his fingers taped together and he is clenching his fist, so hopefully it isnt too bad.

He was on SkySports News earlier in the studio and he clenched both fists and showed them to the camera and the right was obviously swollen.

David Haye on Klitschko:"All I need is a ring and a ref who can count to ten"
Gavin
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2009, 12:12:55 AM »

I broke the same bone afew years back and had to have a cast almost upto my elbow!  Huh? I rode my motorbike with the cast on using just my thumb, fore-finger and middle-finger and it was January and snowing! Almost as hardcore as David Haye using it to punch people with!

WelshDevilRob
Executive Member

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2009, 12:14:04 AM »

he was been interviewed earlier on that show with ian wright, chanel 5... he put his hands side by side and the right was strapped up and very swollen.

definately a genuine injury this time.  Grin

When I read the Millwall thread, I just thought he keeps talking about partying but hes gonna be knackered. The guy is doing a publicity tour. Grin

David Haye on Klitschko:"All I need is a ring and a ref who can count to ten"
V.I.P
Executive Member

Team Sevens

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2009, 02:48:27 AM »

Can defo see it being true I know people who watched it who would never have normally watched it never mind paid for it

Defo captured the public's imagination, the only bad thing is everyone is a Boxing expert all of a sudden saying what Haye should and shouldn't have done  Cheesy
joey_ed27

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2009, 04:00:32 AM »

Good news.  I do hope thats true.

"..If you train hard, the fight's easy... You know.." - Pacman
Hotdog
Executive Member

« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2009, 07:42:56 AM »

with a bit of a lay off with the hand and already his next oponent known to him, david haye should be pimping him self out like mad. I would
, if i was his promoter, have the belt sewn to him from now to march. make britain know we have a champ . its not that difficult to get free promotion.

To be fair to Haye he has been working his arse off for the past 6 weeks promoting the fight.  He has been on O'Grady,  Soccer AM twice, all over sky sports.  Its things like that which Froch should be doing,  I honestly think Hennessey needs to sit back and learn!
dallykint
Executive Member

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2009, 07:57:39 AM »

Can't imagine Carl Froch on these same talk shows tha David Haye has been on,especially the more tv friendly chat shows.Haye has alot more likable personality than Froch and comes off well on these shows.
Jambonhead
V.I.P
Executive Member

...AND THE NEW!!!

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2009, 06:41:58 PM »

froch and haye are very similar personailty wise, haye being maybe a bit more outspoken and brash... but theyre defintly similar in my eyes.

Froch needs to go sign under hayemaker proms and they can team up, theyre both great british world champs, likeable guys, both exciting styles with different attributes.

yeh agree with a lot of people in this thread....

all i can add is, i hope haye gets a decent deal with the klit bros

and also i really hope haye V klitbro at wembley UK prime time, cuz in reality its a european megafight nothing to do with america so would be a bit of a travesty if they stole our fighters and made us stay up till 3am like ive done soooooo many times before.

Bunce-''right Im not sure whats going with the walk ins so lets just listen to some mariachi music and look at the corona girls''

''Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face'' - Mike Tyson
MFC_SE15
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2009, 08:12:59 PM »

and also i really hope haye V klitbro at wembley UK prime time, cuz in reality its a european megafight nothing to do with america so would be a bit of a travesty if they stole our fighters and made us stay up till 3am like ive done soooooo many times before.

Personally think Wembley would be rubbish for boxing. Plus with our weather we'd end up getting soaked whatever time of year it was  Grin

Personally hoping a fight with the Klitchkos is in Germany again. The second Klitchko can then be in Vegas - happy days  Grin
LiveFight

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: