LiveFight
October 21, 2017, 03:19:14 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Margarito Has Work To Do  (Read 6404 times)
Mastadon

SOUTHERN STORM!

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2009, 02:44:53 AM »

Ironically Ottke was a trained plasterer but he coudn't punch his way out of a paper bag. Except for knocking Mundine out cold. I put that down to the collective mindpower of the boxing community though. Divine intervention.  Grin

Anthony Mundine Highlight

Well actually Mundine simply ran out of gas in that Round.He had wasted so much of his energy backpeddling against a feather fisted fighter like Ottke who made a certian retired Boxer/slapper( whose name I won't mention for obvious reasons) look like Mike Tyson.
LiveFight
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2009, 02:44:53 AM »

gindibains

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2009, 07:32:27 PM »

margarito cheat he did fight well vs cotto but was it cuz of his hand cream or wateva it was only time wil tel if he did cheat.
el jenso

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2009, 03:17:04 AM »

Margarito should only be allowed to fight his last five opponents.  if he beats them again in the same manner then case closed.  if not we will know the disgrace he is to the boxing world.
Mastadon

SOUTHERN STORM!

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2009, 05:20:36 AM »

Well I feel this fight against Clottey should even shed more light on this topic.
Despite Cotto having a bad cut,caused by a headclash he still took some solid shots from Clottey.
Clottey landed some big right hands flush with force,and yet Cotto's face did not bust up.
The only blood came from the cut caused by headbutt,but his nose and mouth did not break and his face was not as mutilated despite taking solid shots on the face.
So Yes,Margaretard cheated and Cotto deserves his 0 back.
Methodical4u
Executive Member

I cheat :-)

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2009, 06:06:01 AM »

Well I feel this fight against Clottey should even shed more light on this topic.
Despite Cotto having a bad cut,caused by a headclash he still took some solid shots from Clottey.
Clottey landed some big right hands flush with force,and yet Cotto's face did not bust up.
The only blood came from the cut caused by headbutt,but his nose and mouth did not break and his face was not as mutilated despite taking solid shots on the face.
So Yes,Margaretard cheated and Cotto deserves his 0 back.

You have a good point there I must admit. Clottey also rocked Tony a bit in their fight which shows he can indeed punch. His KO % may not be as high as some, but don't be fooled by that. It took a head to cut Cotto up like that and we are all to believe Tony could do it with a Glove? Another point is that vs. Williams, although he lost that fight, he was coming on strong and has always been known as a "slow starter".... that's all the proof I need right there.

Margarito has some work to do? I would say he should start filling out applications for McDonalds because that's the only work he should be allowed to do.
LiveFight
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2009, 06:06:01 AM »

Skav
Executive Member

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2009, 12:43:16 PM »

Marg is a cheat end of, Cotto deserves that 0 back

Um, no he don't. At the end of the day, Cotto still quit and you don't stay unbeaten for quitting, hand wraps or not. Plus they cannot prove the wraps were in Marg's gloves for the Cotto fight so why does Miguel deserve to stay unbeaten?

jonjoe
V.I.P

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2009, 01:55:36 PM »

Um, no he don't. At the end of the day, Cotto still quit and you don't stay unbeaten for quitting, hand wraps or not. Plus they cannot prove the wraps were in Marg's gloves for the Cotto fight so why does Miguel deserve to stay unbeaten?

I personally think that because of what had happenned against Mosley Margharito deserves to have the W changed to a NC.
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2009, 02:19:18 PM »

I personally think that because of what had happenned against Mosley Margharito deserves to have the W changed to a NC.
They can't do that. They can't prove it. I'm sure I'm not the only one that thinks it would be odd for Tony to cheat against an aging Mosley who looked very bad against Mayorga and hadn't won against a very good fighter for a few years and not cheat against Cotto, a very dangerous prime fighter. It can't be proved but Margarito's career  is tainted now and it seems that will have to serve as his punishment.
LiveFight

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: