LiveFight
October 22, 2017, 09:00:03 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 144   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Manny Pacquiao vs Floyd Mayweather *Discussion Thread*  (Read 246807 times)
MadMariner
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2009, 10:00:27 PM »

If this report is correct (and only if), it's interesting that Mayweather seems to be keen to get it on.  Presumably he's agreed the purse split in the process?  No lengthy bobbing and weaving from him apparently.  Developments will be even more interesting

I am suprised  I expected lots of posturing and threats to fight others etc  from both camps.

I think Manny's best option is not to let Floyd have another tune up fight,  then he will have only fought once in nearly 2.5yrs.

Flo  American Airlines who I have used 5 times have also shafted their prices,  paid 320 for the Calzaghe v Bhop fight  looking at nearly 600 indirect around May 1st.  Wankers  Angry     Not that I've been pricing dates up  also misses the whistling smilie  Smiley
LiveFight
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2009, 10:00:27 PM »

Flo
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2009, 10:03:49 PM »

I am suprised  I expected lots of posturing and threats to fight others etc  from both camps.

I think Manny's best option is not to let Floyd have another tune up fight,  then he will have only fought once in nearly 2.5yrs.

Flo  American Airlines who I have used 5 times have also shafted their prices,  paid 320 for the Calzaghe v Bhop fight  looking at nearly 600 indirect around May 1st.  Wankers  Angry     Not that I've been pricing dates up  also misses the whistling smilie  Smiley

Grin Grin
WelshDevilRob
Executive Member

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2009, 10:10:01 PM »

I can't see Floyd lowering himself to fighting a journeyman like Matthew Hatton. Floyd would get slaughtered for that.

David Haye on Klitschko:"All I need is a ring and a ref who can count to ten"
Jambonhead
V.I.P
Executive Member

...AND THE NEW!!!

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2009, 10:13:18 PM »

This makes the most sense on all fronts, good news, hopefully we can get confirmation by the end of next week and enjoy a tense-free xmas...

the we can look forward to the most epic build up imagineable  Grin

Bunce-''right Im not sure whats going with the walk ins so lets just listen to some mariachi music and look at the corona girls''

''Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face'' - Mike Tyson
Keegan Jacobs
The Truth
Executive Member

The Truth

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2009, 10:20:22 PM »

You guys will see what greatness is all about when these 2 fighters meet . I dont want to bring this up but ive been on a good win streak on my predictions and i follow the sport so much that i can honestly predict the outcome of this fight .

Im very excited for this fight and i just cant wait !!! Pacman is a good fighter and ive been saying this all along but is he elite ? Can he change a fight when its not going his way ? Can he stay calm and not get frustrated against a  pure boxer, a master in the defense category AKA Floyd? Paman will finally break the trend of not fighting aggressive fighters who love to come forward , how will he handle that ?

The sports i watch , it has been stoned " Defense Wins Championships "  Grin

Get ready boys and girls because the truth will come out real soon !!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 10:23:07 PM by keegan » Logged

LiveFight
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2009, 10:20:22 PM »

Flo
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2009, 10:25:19 PM »

You guys will see what greatness is all about when these 2 fighters meet . I dont want to bring this up but ive been on a good win streak on my predictions and i

No, please let us know - some of us need to get some money back form all these bloody trips!
blow_jab

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2009, 10:26:11 PM »

This makes the most sense on all fronts, good news, hopefully we can get confirmation by the end of next week and enjoy a tense-free xmas...

the we can look forward to the most epic build up imagineable  Grin

Lets start the buildup. im gettin' excited for this one

Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao (Trailer)
styledoctor
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2009, 10:27:55 PM »

You guys will see what greatness is all about when these 2 fighters meet . I dont want to bring this up but ive been on a good win streak on my predictions and i follow the sport so much that i can honestly predict the outcome of this fight .

Im very excited for this fight and i just cant wait !!! Pacman is a good fighter and ive been saying this all along but is he elite [/glow] ? Can he change a fight when its not going his way ? Can he stay calm and not get frustrated against a  pure boxer, a master in the defense category AKA Floyd? Paman will finally break the trend of not fighting aggressive fighters who love to come forward , how will he handle that ?

How can this still be a valid question? He may not beat Mayweather but it is indisputable that he is elite.
Jambonhead
V.I.P
Executive Member

...AND THE NEW!!!

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2009, 10:32:29 PM »

Lets start the buildup. im gettin' excited for this one

Arg dont tease me, I wont start hyping myself up until the fight is signed and confirmed and a date given, or i risk dissapointment on a grand scale

hatton-pacman was absoulte torture, Constantly almost signed then almost off back and forth, in the end I just gave up following it until It was confirmed

Bunce-''right Im not sure whats going with the walk ins so lets just listen to some mariachi music and look at the corona girls''

''Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face'' - Mike Tyson
WelshDevilRob
Executive Member

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2009, 10:32:55 PM »

Im very excited for this fight and i just cant wait !!! Pacman is a good fighter and ive been saying this all along but is he elite ? Can he change a fight when its not going his way ? Can he stay calm and not get frustrated against a  pure boxer, a master in the defense category AKA Floyd? Paman will finally break the trend of not fighting aggressive fighters who love to come forward , how will he handle that ?

Join a Prediction League big boy. Sign the contract. Grin

Alright saying you know - prove it in the leagues.

That's my say - 4 forum belt title wearing WDR. Smiley

David Haye on Klitschko:"All I need is a ring and a ref who can count to ten"
Che Guevara
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2009, 10:38:41 PM »

keegan if pacman aint elite i dunno who is Roll Eyes
Wheelchair
Executive Member

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2009, 10:39:36 PM »

keegan if pacman aint elite i dunno who is Roll Eyes

Khan! Grin
Skav
Executive Member

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2009, 11:33:18 PM »

Oh, no, this is a nightmare come true if this comes off on 13th March, I'm flying out there on the 15th.

Everyone else close your eyes.........PLEASE DON'T HAPPEN ON THE 13TH MARCH!

Che Guevara
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2009, 11:39:44 PM »

Oh, no, this is a nightmare come true if this comes off on 13th March, I'm flying out there on the 15th.

Everyone else close your eyes.........PLEASE DON'T HAPPEN ON THE 13TH MARCH!

skav surely with the money yav saved by skimmimg the milk all yr you could afford to change the flights and go out a few days earlier  Grin

ah on a serious note that would be a total disaster mate, hopefully it wont happen on ya. im also hoping it il be later on in the yr so i can get the funds up, i dont think this march 13th is suiting many fans is it??
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 11:43:47 PM by che guevara » Logged
Keegan Jacobs
The Truth
Executive Member

The Truth

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2009, 12:07:03 AM »

How can this still be a valid question? He may not beat Mayweather but it is indisputable that he is elite.

styledoctor , forgive me for that statement but I am having a tough time beleiving he is an elite fighter because he has dominated only 1 style of fighters which are come forward aggressive fighters but maybe its just me being hard headed and stubborn and would like to see him step up against a quality pure boxer and see how he does in there. Until then i dont see him as an elite boxer but i do think hes a very good fighter.

Am i shocked he beat hatton, and cotto ? No , i predicted pacman to win but i didnt predict in that style which was very impressive. I just cant wait until the fight happens and to show everybody what he really is up against .
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 12:09:33 AM by keegan » Logged

LiveFight

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 144   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: