LiveFight
October 23, 2017, 04:18:14 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 144   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Manny Pacquiao vs Floyd Mayweather *Discussion Thread*  (Read 246855 times)
TheTruth

« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2009, 12:09:16 AM »

Sorry mods for posting this on new thread.

By Dan Rafael
spam.com
Archive
The proposed super-fight between Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather is getting closer.

Mayweather agreed to terms for the welterweight title bout on Tuesday, multiple sources with knowledge of the negotiations told spam.com.

Well there you have it! Once again the ball is in Manny Pacman's court!

Manny knows he will lose the fight badly which is why he is loathe to have it take place before the Filipino Elections. Smart move but nevertheless the TRUTH remains: Floyd stands ready for Manny!

What say you Pactards??   Wink

We are all witnesses to His Greatness.

The 0 don't lie.
LiveFight
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2009, 12:09:16 AM »

Keegan Jacobs
The Truth
Executive Member

The Truth

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2009, 12:10:57 AM »

Lets start the buildup. im gettin' excited for this one

Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao (Trailer)

thanks for that Blow_Jab !! That is incredible and whoever is making that video, please add to it !!

Keegan Jacobs
The Truth
Executive Member

The Truth

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2009, 12:14:37 AM »

keegan if pacman aint elite i dunno who is Roll Eyes

Sorry about that guevara, please read above post , the one i sent to style doctor. Elite to me is being able to beat any style that is thrown in front of you and until this day i dont know if pacman can deal with a very good pure boxer that defends very well and counters all day.

Dont get me wrong , i enjoy watching pacman go to work and how he just dismantles his opponents but again i guess im just being stubborn for not calling him elite but to me that word is meant for the best of the best .

TheTruth

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2009, 12:16:41 AM »

Dont get me wrong , i enjoy watching pacman go to work and how he just dismantles his opponents but again i guess im just being stubborn for not calling him elite but to me that word is meant for the best of the best .

Hear Hear!! CC for that one!  Manny is simply not of the same class that Floyd Mayweather is!

Manny may be exciting, but Floyd is just brilliant!

Once this fight happens you will all see exactly what I mean.

The 0 don't lie.
Che Guevara
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2009, 12:23:54 AM »

Sorry about that guevara, please read above post , the one i sent to style doctor. Elite to me is being able to beat any style that is thrown in front of you and until this day i dont know if pacman can deal with a very good pure boxer that defends very well and counters all day.

no probs keegan... marquez imo is a very good pure boxer,the defends well and counters all day and pacquiao took him.

ive said all along flyod will beat manny and as you know keegan in a massive mayweather fan but manny pacquiao is elite in my book.

LiveFight
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2009, 12:23:54 AM »

Keegan Jacobs
The Truth
Executive Member

The Truth

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2009, 12:30:30 AM »

no probs keegan... marquez imo is a very good pure boxer,the defends well and counters all day and pacquiao took him.

ive said all along flyod will beat manny and as you know keegan in a massive mayweather fan but manny pacquiao is elite in my book.

Did he ?  Grin  Wink
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 12:32:19 AM by keegan » Logged

TheTruth

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2009, 12:32:41 AM »

Did he ?  Grin  Wink

Nope! I had him losing twice. The 2nd even more clearly than the 1st.  Wink Smiley

The 0 don't lie.
Che Guevara
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2009, 12:33:36 AM »

Did he ?  Grin  Wink
Grin  Grin the record books would suggest he did though.
Chris
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2009, 12:46:44 AM »

Rather intriguingly Thomas Cook have nothing showing on flights for either of those dates but hols showing for the weeks before and after - they're clearly hedging their bets to make the most out of the sports packages!

Not that I'm pricing it up....

I miss the whistling smiley.

I'll ask a girl I know at Thomas Cook.. I checked 10th to 17th March, and also 17th to 24th, nothing for both, weird how there was nothing for 17th to 24th?

If they're withholding flights until they know a date then that's ridiculous, no airline does that!

Then again that website is hopeless!
Keegan Jacobs
The Truth
Executive Member

The Truth

« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2009, 01:51:54 AM »

Join a Prediction League big boy. Sign the contract. Grin

Alright saying you know - prove it in the leagues.

That's my say - 4 forum belt title wearing WDR. Smiley

Heard about that Welsh but im a PPV predictor only. Where the big fights are at is where you will find me . hahah...Let me see how i can join this predictions league but what if i dont know the fighters, is it ok i dont predict and will i get points deducted for that ?

joey_ed27

« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2009, 04:16:51 AM »

Reports have it that Arums in town and will have a meeting with Manny today. 
Frankly the press has not gotten to Arum yet, which is definitely a good sign.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

"..If you train hard, the fight's easy... You know.." - Pacman
motoriser
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2009, 04:25:00 AM »

Yo brotha.
My take on Floyd vs Manny is that Manny will be facing a Bigger Version of Marquez who has a 3 inch reach advantage,much better reflex/defence,quicker jab,faster feet and most Importantly a much more accurate Right hand.
None of his past 3 opponents had a right hand.
But still I will give Mnany all Credit in the World for the way he dismantled Cotto,Ricky and Oscar.
But Mayweather is so unlike any of them.
Manny has finally met his match and stylewise Its gona be a very bad fight for him.His team know it and that's why he won't Rush to sign the Contract,until at least after the Elections.

Southern Storm
joey_ed27

« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2009, 07:30:17 AM »

Yo brotha.
My take on Floyd vs Manny is that Manny will be facing a Bigger Version of Marquez who has a 3 inch reach advantage,much better reflex/defence,quicker jab,faster feet and most Importantly a much more accurate Right hand.
None of his past 3 opponents had a right hand.
But still I will give Mnany all Credit in the World for the way he dismantled Cotto,Ricky and Oscar.
But Mayweather is so unlike any of them.
Manny has finally met his match and stylewise Its gona be a very bad fight for him.His team know it and that's why he won't Rush to sign the Contract,until at least after the Elections.

I totally agree your comparison of Floyd to JMM.  Styles indeed makes fights  Smiley 

That said pointing to the elections as something that Manny has gone into so as not to rush the signing of the fight is a bit off in my view.  Mannys ambitions isnt exactly a big secret.  In the same manner that I think a long layoff wouldnt help him either.

Hopefully by tom will have new updates on this drama from Bob Arum himself Grin

"..If you train hard, the fight's easy... You know.." - Pacman
Socrates
V.I.P
Executive Member

Happy Valenbirthiversary

« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2009, 07:50:26 AM »

I still can't see March the 13th happening, it all seems so soon and rushed. Having said that the election throws a slight spanner in the works for May and October seems to far off.

I don't know what I want  Huh? Huh? Huh?

The positive at least is that it does seem the fight will be made.

If you love something set it free. Unless it's a tiger.
Bonters
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2009, 09:43:05 AM »

The more I think about this, the more I think maybe Floyd's being pretty cute here.  Seeing if Manny fancies fighting BEFORE his precious electioneering, by which time he may have been beaten.  Frankly, I don't think a loss to Mayweather would be that much of a setback to Pacman in boxing terms, but I wonder what it would do to his political aspirations?  Maybe PBF is sat with a sly smile on his face?  I can just see that
LiveFight

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 144   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: