LiveFight
December 12, 2017, 06:44:42 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amir Khan Can Fight at 147 Like Pacquiao, Says Roach  (Read 2332 times)
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« on: November 24, 2009, 07:41:37 AM »

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=23662

Amir Khan Can Fight at 147 Like Pacquiao, Says Roach

By Mark Vester

Trainer Freddie Roach says WBA junior welterweight champion Amir Khan can easily move up to welterweight and beyond, and win titles in multiple divisions like Manny Pacquiao. Roach trains both fighters and has them spar often during training camp. Khan defends his title against undefeated Dimitry Salita in Newcastle on December 5.

"He has the body frame to move up for sure. 135 was okay, but 140 I like him better at. As he fills out and matures a little bit he'll definitely end up as a welterweight and maybe end up as a middleweight one day, I would say," Roach tells Irish Times.

Khan is looking forward to his defense against Salita. Roach doesn't think the fight will go the distance. He sees Khan taking Salita out in a wild, action fight.

"It's gonna be a great fight. Salita is undefeated, he's hungry for a title shot. he's going to be at his best I'm sure," Roach said. "Amir is training great, he's in great shape. We had a great training camp with great sparring partners. We're definitely ready for whatever he brings. I think Amir is going to shine in this one.

"I wouldn't miss this one - Amir is an action fighter and Salita comes to fight. It's going to be all-action as long as it lasts."
LiveFight
« on: November 24, 2009, 07:41:37 AM »

deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 07:43:24 AM »

Khan an action fighter at work level? Going toe to toe with Salita? Moving up a few weights with that chin? Brick Top you're really getting about mate!!!  Grin
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 09:08:57 AM »

Khan an action fighter at work level? Going toe to toe with Salita? Moving up a few weights with that chin? Brick Top you're really getting about mate!!!   Grin

haha.
PildiLagiMo

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 07:20:58 PM »

who knows? moving to 147 might sturdy up his chin just like cotto. but if it doesn't, he will be a disaster against the bigger men.  Grin

They never run out of reasons saying why it wonít happen. But the truth is they donít want the fight, and they say so many nasty things about me. But I donít mind. I wonít even say anything bad against them. Letís show them that Filipinos know how to respect people,Ē Pacquiao to PhilStar
Brick Top
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 07:23:17 PM »

Khan an action fighter at work level? Going toe to toe with Salita? Moving up a few weights with that chin? Brick Top you're really getting about mate!!!  Grin

Not guilty your honour Grin
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 07:23:17 PM »

Che Guevara
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 07:25:34 PM »

wonder does roach really mean 143 or 145lbs for a 147lb title?? Lips Sealed
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: