LiveFight
October 21, 2017, 02:05:35 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Khan and the WBA contender top 10 list  (Read 7934 times)
Tito
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2009, 08:15:02 PM »

yeah id have to agree mate,,to much politics involved with holding the 2 titles as u say,,bradley is a fight id like to see

Bradley is the man now considered to be the best fighter in the division. I know Manny as the ring belt but its unlikely we will see him fight in the division again. I personally think Khan as a far better chance against Bradley than he would if he fought Holt or Maidana who both have pretty much 1 shot KO power. Alexander is a good fighter but like Khan 22 fights in its a fight for the future not now.
Judah always seems to be handed chance after chance and is so unpredictable it could be a interesting fight with Khan for the first 4 rounds. Its not a fight that would win many doubters over but it would be good experience against someone who is so fast handed and strong. The likes of Ortiz, Hatton and Juan Diaz are all pretty much tough and relentless types without really possessing speed and all play to Khan's strengths.

LiveFight
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2009, 08:15:02 PM »

Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2009, 08:20:43 PM »

Bradley is the man now considered to be the best fighter in the division. I know Manny as the ring belt but its unlikely we will see him fight in the division again. I personally think Khan as a far better chance against Bradley than he would if he fought Holt or Maidana who both have pretty much 1 shot KO power. Alexander is a good fighter but like Khan 22 fights in its a fight for the future not now.
Judah always seems to be handed chance after chance and is so unpredictable it could be a interesting fight with Khan for the first 4 rounds. Its not a fight that would win many doubters over but it would be good experience against someone who is so fast handed and strong. The likes of Ortiz, Hatton and Juan Diaz are all pretty much tough and relentless types without really possessing speed and all play to Khan's strengths.

I agree mate Khan has alot better chance of beating Bradley than he does of beating Maidana or Holt. So im guessing he will fight Bradley lol.
Smithy
Executive Member

« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2009, 09:13:09 PM »

Khan is damned if he does damned if he doesnt.

If he fights bums hes a joke and mikey mouse champion (fair enough)

If he fights/gets mentioned with 2nd tier fighters like Diaz, campbell, bradley, hatton (now unfortuantly he is passed it) hes accused of taking easier fights and not fighting the top fighters.

If he gets mentioned with or even dares mention the likes of pacquiao, maywather and JMM then the guy is a joke and doesnt rlly want to fight them just trying to ride their coat tails.

The guy cannot win. No matter who he fights some ppl will never be happy. If he fought pacquiao or mayweather now and won (which he wudnt) then some ppl would find a way to undermine his win. The only way some ppl will be happy is when/if khan gets ko'd again.

*My opinion for what its worth the likes of bradley, diaz, campbell are a good step up from fighters he's been fighting and if he beats a host of names like them then he building a solid record of  good current/former world champions and moving in the right direction to fighting the top top names in 2-3yrs time.
Leonidas
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2009, 09:16:47 PM »

Diaz (if he beats Malignaggi).

Maidana would be awesome, but there is no way W***** makes that fight in the next 12 months.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2009, 09:44:50 PM »

Khan is damned if he does damned if he doesnt.

If he fights bums hes a joke and mikey mouse champion (fair enough)

If he fights/gets mentioned with 2nd tier fighters like Diaz, campbell, bradley, hatton (now unfortuantly he is passed it) hes accused of taking easier fights and not fighting the top fighters.

If he gets mentioned with or even dares mention the likes of pacquiao, maywather and JMM then the guy is a joke and doesnt rlly want to fight them just trying to ride their coat tails.

The guy cannot win. No matter who he fights some ppl will never be happy. If he fought pacquiao or mayweather now and won (which he wudnt) then some ppl would find a way to undermine his win. The only way some ppl will be happy is when/if khan gets ko'd again.

*My opinion for what its worth the likes of bradley, diaz, campbell are a good step up from fighters he's been fighting and if he beats a host of names like them then he building a solid record of  good current/former world champions and moving in the right direction to fighting the top top names in 2-3yrs time.

Mate I make no attempt to hide the fact that I dont like the way Khans going about the job but im no hater. Khans done well to come back from his defeat although he should fight prescott again in my eyes(fair enough not fighting a guy who beats you in a one off but Prescott knocked him out in under a minute).Fact is Khan did well by coming back he beat Barrera(way passed it) he beat Kotelnik(average) and now hes been Salita who has yet to show just how good or bad he is. Khan now needs to step up in class against Bradley or Diaz etc. And if he does I will not criticise at all unless he loses of course. But I dont think he will fight Diaz,Bradley or Maidana insted he will fight some unknown guy ranked in the top 20 or he will fight some old tired man. Imo he should fight Prescott next. He could fight the guy anytime really as hes pretty much been inactive since Kotelnik now. Khan v Prescott for me.
LiveFight
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2009, 09:44:50 PM »

Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2009, 11:36:39 PM »

A former bantamweight and 60-fight Barrera in the twilight of his career, the worst champ in the world in Kotlenik (Khan's words) and now Salita.

For such a hot protegé, with a personal fitness guru, Freddie Roach and is on PPV he damn well better step it up !

I'd be more than Happy with Judah next.

Could you imagine the fuss in Judah fought Barrera ? it would be an uproar.

He can't keep saying how great he is - and all his hangers on saying it too, when in reality he aint fought a sod.

Wheelchair
Executive Member

« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2009, 11:37:38 PM »

A former bantamweight and 60-fight Barrera in the twilight of his career, the worst champ in the world in Kotlenik (Khan's words) and now Salita.

For such a hot protegé, with a personal fitness guru, Freddie Roach and is on PPV he damn well better step it up !

Well put.
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2009, 08:32:34 AM »

He can't keep saying how great he is - and all his hangers on saying it too, when in reality he aint fought a sod.

Totally agree his next fight needs a massive step up in opponent not just for the paying public but for Khan as well.

A Slice of Life
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2009, 09:29:33 AM »

I agree mate, but he can't really be blamed for his last few opponents for a number of reasons.
With Barrera you can bet W***** set this up without Khan even knowing, it was a master stroke on his behalf to get him noticed throughout the boxing world.
The Kotelnik fight again was manufactured by W*****, but lets not forget it was a stepup in weight to fight a world champion (regardlessof what your thoughts of him are he was a legitimate world champion) in his first fight - when Hatton did the same he got all the plaudits.
Finally the Salita fight was organised by the governing bodies, it was his manditory so he had no choice but fight him at some point. Now he has that out of the way and is in charge of his own destiny.I fully agree that now he has no excuses to hide behind and has to make this next fight count, but so far he cannot be blamed for the route he has taken since being sparked.
For the record I dont think he has anyone to fear in the LWW division at the minute, there are some tough fights there but all are winable imo.
Fightin Irish
Executive Member

« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2009, 09:55:44 AM »

Khan has only ever taken one risky fight in his 22 and was sparked, he's running out if bums to fight, they really have to step him up or shut him up as he talks about himself as having done wonders throughout his career and who's next yet those big names never seem to materialise across the ring!
thepowerdavies

« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2009, 02:07:43 PM »

I said it when the fight was made, Salita is awful and way out of his depth and I based that on just seeing 1 horrible fight he had on the Roy Jones Calzaghe undercard but I gave Khan the benefit of the doubt as he was the mandatory and why not get it out the way before the year ends.

But in 2010 the whole of Boxing expects more! Alot more!! I still expect another old washup like Eric Morales, Vivian Harris maybe next. With Frank W***** I wouldnt be suprised if he made Amir Khan v Souleyman M'Baye next!!  Cheesy

"Fernando Vargas may have had a 6 pack in his stomach but he didnt have a 6 pack in his chin!!"

Larry Merchant after Oscar De La Hoya knocks out Fernando Vargas!!
DANIELK104

« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2009, 03:40:18 PM »

Do we think that Khan's next fight could be on the undercard for the Potential Pacman v Mayweather fight?

He should be able to fight again in March and least defend his title on the undercard. Get himself a bit of exposure to the world and US audience.

I cant see him taken on Maidana but there has been rumors of Castillo wanting to fight him, or maybe take on Judah on the undercard.

"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players" - Jock Stein - Greatest Celtic Manager Ever!!
thepowerdavies

« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2009, 03:56:41 PM »

Do we think that Khan's next fight could be on the undercard for the Potential Pacman v Mayweather fight?

He should be able to fight again in March and least defend his title on the undercard. Get himself a bit of exposure to the world and US audience.

I cant see him taken on Maidana but there has been rumors of Castillo wanting to fight him, or maybe take on Judah on the undercard.

IMO it would be a very good idea if Frank W***** doesnt mind his name not having anything to do wiv the event. Castillo would be a safer choice, I think all of Khan's people would be happy with it. But would W***** want him on another bill out there instead of making him £££ back home??

"Fernando Vargas may have had a 6 pack in his stomach but he didnt have a 6 pack in his chin!!"

Larry Merchant after Oscar De La Hoya knocks out Fernando Vargas!!
LiveFight

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: