LiveFight
December 18, 2017, 12:48:39 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Khan vs Salita and undercard discussion *spoilers  (Read 50212 times)
Kent_Boxing_Fan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« on: December 05, 2009, 06:38:20 PM »

Thought i would kick of the thread for tonights fights on the undercard of khan salita and the main even itself

anyone no what time khan is scheduled to fight - i heard it has to be after a certain time to do with salitas religion

LiveFight
« on: December 05, 2009, 06:38:20 PM »

waller
V.I.P

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 06:45:45 PM »

10.30pm onwards I'd expect. f***ing gutted I've had to sell my tickets like! Still gonna get messy and watch in pub though. Frankie Gavin on first I heard?

"English motherfucker, do you speak it?!"
The Flaccid Member
V.I.P

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 06:58:31 PM »

Salita can't do anything untill sunset, 5live coverage starts at 10.00 so I guess the previous poster is bang on for a 10.30 start
Tito
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 07:11:18 PM »

I'm looking forward to tonight as there is some quality fights on. Is it worth 15  Undecided in my opinion very much so because even though people don't like the idea of paying for Khan they get Mitchell - Prescott and Simpson and Bell which should be 2 barnstormers. You add the 2 Olympians, Gavin, Maccranelli with his career on the line and the debut of the much touted Ronnie Hefron then it makes for a good card.

Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 07:18:40 PM »

Good card IMO .im looking forward to the Prescott/Mitchell more than the main event
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 07:18:40 PM »

Gaz Calzaghe
Executive Member

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2009, 07:49:51 PM »

I'm looking forward to tonight as there is some quality fights on. Is it worth 15  Undecided in my opinion very much so because even though people don't like the idea of paying for Khan they get Mitchell - Prescott and Simpson and Bell which should be 2 barnstormers. You add the 2 Olympians, Gavin, Maccranelli with his career on the line and the debut of the much touted Ronnie Hefron then it makes for a good card.

Thanks bud, didn't have the chance to look into the undercard. IQ Tito  Smiley
Flo
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2009, 07:55:26 PM »

I would happily pay 15 if Tiscali would pull their fingers out and update their system to receive Box Office!

Dodgy links welcome...
joev

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2009, 08:02:47 PM »

slightly off topic, but i was just googling to find the start time and top result was this from the mirror.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/more-sport/2009/12/05/no-khan-do-for-salita-115875-21874405/

if this is what passes as mainstream sports journalism - then god help us!

anyway, just waiting to see if the stream is a good 'un now... hopefully a few good fights
Kent_Boxing_Fan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2009, 08:03:12 PM »

ditto to that - links welcomed Cheesy

Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2009, 08:10:17 PM »

Former world champion Alex Arthur's comeback was derailed by a surprise eight-round points defeat against Nigel Wright in Newcastle tonight.

The Edinburgh veteran, 31, had moved up to lightweight as he attempted to rebuild following the crushing defeat by Nicky Cook last year that saw him lose his WBO super-featherweight title.

In June he made a low-key return to the ring with a first-round stoppage of Mohamed Benbiou but had found himself kicking his heels since then as he looked to earn a title shot at the higher weight.

However, those hopes were blown apart tonight as the Scot looked in poor condition and out of sorts throughout against his Hartlepool opponent en route to a 78-76 points defeat.

While Wright has operated at a decent level during his career, Arthur would have expected to deal with the north-east fighter, who entered the contest with a record of 20-6-1 (nine KO wins).

Wright also looked in far better condition than Arthur and it was his work that was superior from the opening bell.

Arthur made a fight of it with many of the rounds close but was being caught regularly by Wright's busy jab and looked lethargic and flat-footed.

In the closing stages he went for broke in a bid to get the decision - and produced by far his best work - but it was no surprise when Scottish referee Victor Loughlin held up Wright's arm with a score of 78-76 to the Englishman.
joev

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2009, 08:12:08 PM »

im keeping an eye on the one WelshDevilRob has put in the *ahem* private section... havent got any others at the moment... if anyone does, remember to put them on the streams page so they dont get shut down. there is also a link for the macklin fight which would be cool to squeeze in too if the fight times line up appropriately
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2009, 08:12:40 PM »

Come on John

A Slice of Life
joev

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2009, 08:19:13 PM »

just decided i might stump up the cash for this. and virgin on demand seems to be f.cked - anyone had success getting this on virgin?
DANIELK104

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2009, 08:23:53 PM »

Cmon Simpson  Grin

At least make us Scottish fans proud compared to Arthur.

Must be the end of the road for him now, he had the skills but lacked the heart.

"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players" - Jock Stein - Greatest Celtic Manager Ever!!
King Cotto
Executive Member

If you don't learn from it, experience means shit

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2009, 08:27:43 PM »

Salita can't do anything untill sunset, 5live coverage starts at 10.00 so I guess the previous poster is bang on for a 10.30 start

I found this one here: http://www.livesportontv.com/

says 23:00

'Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility.' Sigmund Freud
LiveFight

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: