LiveFight
October 20, 2017, 08:47:49 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: MURRAY LOSES TITLE ON SCALES  (Read 5731 times)
Gibbo
« on: June 12, 2009, 03:01:58 PM »

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/BN08/detail.asp?id=1169
LiveFight
« on: June 12, 2009, 03:01:58 PM »

telboy66
V.I.P

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 04:06:16 PM »

Yeah thats real choker John is one of my tips for the top but if something as easy as weight control is too much for his team me thinks it's time for a rethink

it's better to have been a hasbeen than & never wasa
Laney
V.I.P
Executive Member

Eddie Hearn fanclub

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 04:18:57 PM »

I dont think his saturday night through to sunday lunchtime booze up in Vegas 6 weeks before the fight helped matters

Entered the stadium on a bus, left looking like he'd just been hit by one.
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 04:22:33 PM »

I dont think his saturday night through to sunday lunchtime booze up in Vegas 6 weeks before the fight helped matters
Exactly. I think he thought of Lawton as an easy fight and didn't keep enough of an eye on his weight/training.
telboy66
V.I.P

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 04:25:36 PM »

If thats true mate you are spot on why is it that one word is so hard for some boxers to get their head round the word is DISCIPLINE

LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 04:25:36 PM »

V.I.P
Executive Member

Team Sevens

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 04:28:51 PM »

Shite he wasn't given any time to get it off, specially considering it was fractions of an ounce, hardly pounds is it
telboy66
V.I.P

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 04:35:09 PM »

The board wont take chances now especially with the lighter weights on the day of the fight & why should they we dont want any weight drained boxers getting injured

deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009, 04:40:20 PM »

Shite he wasn't given any time to get it off, specially considering it was fractions of an ounce, hardly pounds is it
Not too many boxers have to weigh in again for a titlefight. Harsh thing to happen all the same.
V.I.P
Executive Member

Team Sevens

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2009, 04:54:17 PM »

Not too many boxers have to weigh in again for a titlefight. Harsh thing to happen all the same.

I know it shouldn't have been in question like but he isn't the first to have to drop weight, just makes it worst by the tiny amount and not being given the chance to get rid of it, you're talking about a jog to the car and back

Hope he goes up and goes after Khan if he is finding the weight tight, I can't think of a less active fighter at British level, he should have pushed on a long time ago
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2009, 05:22:53 PM »

I know it shouldn't have been in question like but he isn't the first to have to drop weight, just makes it worst by the tiny amount and not being given the chance to get rid of it, you're talking about a jog to the car and back

Hope he goes up and goes after Khan if he is finding the weight tight, I can't think of a less active fighter at British level, he should have pushed on a long time ago
It could be a blessing. he's not lost a fight and it there a point in him trying to get back a Bristish title and fighting Thaxton or likes of Lawton again and again? He needs to move on to the European level now. At 24, and the way he fights, he needs to be getting in contention now.
WelshDevilRob
Executive Member

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2009, 05:49:52 PM »

The board wont take chances now especially with the lighter weights on the day of the fight & why should they we dont want any weight drained boxers getting injured

Very true Telboy. Will he get fined for not making the weight?

David Haye on Klitschko:"All I need is a ring and a ref who can count to ten"
Don't lose your Ed

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2009, 07:23:34 PM »

At least the fight is still on, n since it's only a tiny amount over the limit most people in their heads will consider this a lightweight match-up still.

I reckon Murray will win but won't look spectacular in the slightest. UD or late stoppage. Lawton does have a small chance, he did cause an upset against Gethin which wasn't fluke of nature.

How do you lads n lasses see this 1 going?

"Rape is not funny but rape jokes are"
- Doug Stanhope
telboy66
V.I.P

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2009, 07:29:48 PM »

No question Murray will win but with the upset of the weigh in may have go the distance

V.I.P
Executive Member

Team Sevens

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2009, 06:05:14 AM »

At least the fight is still on, n since it's only a tiny amount over the limit most people in their heads will consider this a lightweight match-up still.

I reckon Murray will win but won't look spectacular in the slightest. UD or late stoppage. Lawton does have a small chance, he did cause an upset against Gethin which wasn't fluke of nature.

How do you lads n lasses see this 1 going?

Murray takes this one easy, stops Lawton in the 7th
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2009, 08:36:48 AM »

Who the fook sets up a set of scales for a title fight on carpet!!! I'm not saying he would have made weight on a solid surface, but at least he would have known what weight he was.

Also do i get a discount on my ticket for this one now?
When I bought my ticket there was a British title fight on the bill, and the Gypsy Giant. Now Maurray's turned up fat and the pikeys done his back in.
LiveFight

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: