LiveFight
May 26, 2018, 07:43:57 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Roman “Rocky” Martinez v Ricky "Rickster" Burns  (Read 3914 times)
The Pastel rascal
V.I.P

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2010, 09:09:07 AM »

Reilly,

Post any info that you get on this mate.
LiveFight
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2010, 09:09:07 AM »

Alba
Executive Member

"For what is a man,What has he got ?"

@Albagary
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2010, 09:36:16 AM »

No probs pascal
The Pastel rascal
V.I.P

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2010, 11:47:11 AM »

No probs pascal

Sorry mate, I've just read the post back, I should have said Gary and should have asked instead of demanding.

Apologies.
The Pastel rascal
V.I.P

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2010, 09:48:38 AM »

RICKY Burns has been given a crack at the world title - but might have to go from Coatbridge to the Caribbean to take it.

The Commonwealth superfeatherweight title holder will find out on Wednesday where he'll challenge holder Rocky Martinez for his crown on March 6. And Burns knows this fight could deliver a fairytale ending.

The 26-year-old said: "It could be life-changing.

"When Scott Harrison became world champion it led to villas in Spain. I wouldn't mind some of that and I'd like my own boxing gym in Coatbridge one day."

Puerto Rican Martinez is understandably reluctant to leave behind the warmth of the Caribbean.

But promoter Frank W***** goes into Wednesday's purse bids with the intention of luring Martinez to Britain with a cheque.

Burns said: "I really don't care where the fight takes place. A boxing ring's a boxing ring. I'm not fussed. I went to Azerbaijan to box when I was an amateur and I handled that experience.

"They do say that in Puerto Rico I might have to knock Martinez out to get a draw. But I've seen footage of him fighting and I think I have the tools in my bag to beat him.

"Martinez is a big puncher but I want to give Scotland a new world champion."

The Puerto Rican beat Englishman Nicky Cook for the title last March and after a first defence has an unbeaten fight record of 24.

Burns added: "I went into a boxing ring for the first time when I was 11. This world title fight's what I've dreamed about since I was a kid.

"I know I can't let this chance slip away. It's the opportunity that could put me right up there in another world."

No word yet on the purse outcome - Personally don't think Burns has the tools, but I think he'll give it a good go.
Every Cloud
Executive Member

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2010, 06:10:01 PM »

I think People are doing Martinez a massive diservice here. "Cook got careless" I've read this time and time again the last few months. When did Cook get careless? He was caught by a fantasic shot end of. He didnt stand his ground and trade neither did he reach with a punch. He got caught by a great punch end of. Peoples watch Martinez V Daniel Jimeniz. The man is a beast, and will "Keep on trucking" not much polish but he'll chop burns up
LiveFight
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2010, 06:10:01 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: