LiveFight
October 22, 2017, 11:33:57 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Andre Berto: "There isnt anything about Mosleys style that worries me"  (Read 2410 times)
HurricaneHig
V.I.P
Executive Member

Any two will do?

« on: January 16, 2010, 04:51:40 PM »

On preparations for his upcoming fight with Sugar Shane Mosley:
“The preparations have been going great, everything is right on time. We’ve been putting in extremely hard work and anybody who has ever been in our camp they know we are very extreme. We’re putting in all the work that we need to put in, and I’m excited, I’m confident, and everything is falling into place.”

On Sugar Shane Mosley and the possibility of him suffering from ring rust:
“Maybe, but Shane’s the type of guy he always stays in shape. He’s been out of the ring for nearly a year, but he’s done all of this stuff before, so I believe he’ll get in a rhythm pretty quickly, but we’ll see.”

Regarding what about Mosley’s style most concerns him:
“I’ve been watching Mosley for awhile, actually all through the amateurs. He’s a quick guy, he has fast reaction time, and point blank he can just fight. There isn’t anything about his style that worries me to a point..”

Adversity and the 'big occasion' doesn't change a fighter - it only reveals them.
LiveFight
« on: January 16, 2010, 04:51:40 PM »

RAZZ-MCFC
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 09:06:01 PM »

nice article mate, gonna be a classic fight this i hope
Methodical4u
Executive Member

I cheat :-)

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 09:58:30 PM »

what should worry Berto is the fact that Collazo, who isn't a huge puncher rattled him and almost knocked him down... Mosley just stopped a guy who has one of the hardest heads in boxing... Shane also has a great chin, so he's likely in it for 12 rounds... a good jab has shown to keep Shane at a distance, but even if Berto uses it, how long can it keep him from taking a solid shot? and how will he react when it lands?
Haynesey

'Can that man fight.' Larry Merchant

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 10:48:29 PM »

I'm not sure whether Berto is ready for the elite level yet, he's still raw skill wise, quite basic and predictable, and he can't fight a lick on the inside. I wouldn't want him in with Mosley at this stage, not without more development fights.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 10:53:53 PM by Haynesey » Logged
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 10:57:54 PM »

I'm not sure whether Berto is ready for the elite level yet, he's still raw skill wise, quite basic and predictable, and he can't fight a lick on the inside. I wouldn't want him in with Mosley at this stage, not without more development fights.

Agreed.

Collazo broke his finger early against Mosely and was largely ineffective as a result.

However Collazo took Berto to the wire - and none of Berto's strengths in speed etc had any real effect.

He needs a different gameplan to beat Shane.

He might do it, but i'm not convinced by what ive seen to date.
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 10:57:54 PM »

Haynesey

'Can that man fight.' Larry Merchant

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 11:10:01 PM »

Agreed.

Collazo broke his finger early against Mosely and was largely ineffective as a result.

However Collazo took Berto to the wire - and none of Berto's strengths in speed etc had any real effect.

He needs a different gameplan to beat Shane.

He might do it, but i'm not convinced by what ive seen to date.

Mosley's age and inactivity is my problem with this fight, otherwise I would be very confident in the result. Older fighters are more likely to show their age against the fast, athletic types; Hopkins respective performances against Calzaghe and Pavlik are testament to this. I question whether Margarito flattered Mosley some what. And is he the same fighter we say last Jan? Undecided
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 11:16:03 PM by Haynesey » Logged
Methodical4u
Executive Member

I cheat :-)

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 01:34:26 AM »

Mosley's age and inactivity is my problem with this fight, otherwise I would be very confident in the result. Older fighters are more likely to show their age against the fast, athletic types; Hopkins respective performances against Calzaghe and Pavlik are testament to this. I question whether Margarito flattered Mosley some what. And is he the same fighter we say last Jan? Undecided

Margarito definitely made Mosley look better IMO.. he is slow, easy to hit and always relied on his punch output, good chin, and possibly constantly loaded gloves (which we'll never know) once one of those was taken away his confidence may have also been affected. BUT... I still don't think Berto has what it takes to beat Mosley because he's got two things that are better than Andre... his chin, and his power. His speed matches Berto... or is as close as you would get, although the combos used I would have to give to Berto. Overall it wouldn't be the shock of the decade if Berto won, but I would be fairly surprised and the only way he is going to win is by a decision, so hopefully Berto is ready for a long and likely hard fight.
Socrates
V.I.P
Executive Member

Happy Valenbirthiversary

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2010, 08:42:50 AM »

As others have already said, it depends which Shane turns up. Even if he is at 80% though I still take Shane to stop Berto.

If you love something set it free. Unless it's a tiger.
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2010, 09:38:12 AM »

As others have already said, it depends which Shane turns up. Even if he is at 80% though I still take Shane to stop Berto.

If he aint at 100% ill kick his asse myself, i have had two twenty pound bets againt two different people that he will win.

Team Groves
RAZZ-MCFC
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2010, 01:48:20 PM »

Margarito definitely made Mosley look better IMO.. he is slow, easy to hit and always relied on his punch output, good chin, and possibly constantly loaded gloves (which we'll never know) once one of those was taken away his confidence may have also been affected. BUT... I still don't think Berto has what it takes to beat Mosley because he's got two things that are better than Andre... his chin, and his power. His speed matches Berto... or is as close as you would get, although the combos used I would have to give to Berto. Overall it wouldn't be the shock of the decade if Berto won, but I would be fairly surprised and the only way he is going to win is by a decision, so hopefully Berto is ready for a long and likely hard fight.

if i'm honest i'd say Shane's got more speed than Berto aswell
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: