LiveFight
January 20, 2018, 09:29:17 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hatton Promotions Ltd - Ricky Hatton - Matthew Hatton - Lee Beard  (Read 13111 times)
Tito
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2010, 07:13:00 PM »

do you think its just a farewell?

I don't, if he comes back, wins and wins well he'll fight again.

said it before id like to see gallahger take the role and bring kayes back in

Of course its a farewell he as nothing left to prove and he doesn't have much left to give the sport. Ricky could do with fighting Katsidis or JMM and then walking away with his pride and legacy intact because if he considers Boxing on the Boxing media, Golden Boy and the fans will be calling for him to fight Khan and lets be honest here its a fight he is AVOIDING now.
There is no way he could carry on and not fight Khan because its a fight that makes all round business sense and no obstacles in the way of making it happen. Ricky avoided 1 domestic World Champion in his weight class and he doesn't want to do it again.

LiveFight
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2010, 07:13:00 PM »

sharry

« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2010, 07:28:44 PM »

i thought nazim richardson,but the problem with ricky to much of his camps are taken up with trying to get in shape and lose weight .not working on adding new things and corrrecting flaws .mosley and hopkins come in to camp i as good shape as it takes ricky 4 to 5 weeks to get in to .jimmy tibbs is also a good trainer who i belive would work well with hatton .but if he is going i to camp at 14 or 15 stone anyone will have problems getting the best out of him
Che Guevara
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2010, 10:34:32 PM »

Ive said it so many times already and will say it till im blue in the face. if Ricky is serious about making a comeback, making an impression and doing more than just a one fight farwell/money spinner there is only one man for the job imo and that is Nazim Richardson.

All these domestic trainers, ppl like bob shannon are no good they have no experience at the elite level and no experience of training fighters who will be facing the top guys out there. Look at richardsons work with hopkins, look at how his 1 fight so far with Mosley has gone...he got mosley in shape and worked to his strengths and developed a game plan to succeed against margarito who got schooled. Thats what ricky needs someone who can get the best out of what Hatton has to offer and work a gameplan around his ability not someone to try and change him like mayweather snr did its too late in hattons career for that.

i 100% agree smithy, richardson is the man ricky should turn to. his work in mosleys corner that night was top class. see below.......

Brother Nazim Richardson - The Boxing Scholar
Hitman
Executive Member

#everythingforareason

« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2010, 10:41:25 PM »

Guys like Birmingham and Nacho souldnt be overlooked

Che Guevara
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2010, 10:46:53 PM »

nacho hasnt a word of english
LiveFight
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2010, 10:46:53 PM »

Tito
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2010, 10:52:55 PM »

Take the Oscar situation when he fought Manny.
He got Nacho and old man Dundee in his corner and he knew after the first day of sparring that he was washed up and was never gonna beat Manny. Ricky can get any trainer to train him but no one will get him back at anywhere near his best. Its alright everybody saying Nazim Richardson is a great trainer but Hopkins dropped him once and Mosley is a supreme athlete who only needed fine tuning. To say Richardson can get Hatton in the same shape Mosley was in when he fought Margarito is pure madness as Shane never walks around over 15ibs over his fighting weight and Hatton is going to have to shelve more than 40ibs plus do a full camp of training.
Will Nazim, Roach, Steward or anybody else risk there professional reputation on Hatton who clearly as mentality problems when faced with things going wrong or will they see that he will pay up to $1 Million for a head trainer and take the job as nothing more than a payday.

Hitman
Executive Member

#everythingforareason

« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2010, 10:55:02 PM »

nacho hasnt a word of english

Neither has Roger Mayweather!

Its not like it cant be overcome, Nacho isnt a real hands on type, he would be supplimented by a chief second

Che Guevara
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2010, 10:57:43 PM »

Its not like it cant be overcome, Nacho isnt a real hands on type, he would be supplimented by a chief second

yeah but flyod understands the mayweather lingo  Wink

i can see the excuses coming out of ricky already......i taught nacho told me to go out and get him early and swing like f*ck  Grin
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2010, 09:30:46 AM »

It would be like taking driving lessons by a mute.
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2010, 10:15:38 AM »

Do any of you actually box and have you done so long term ?. The role of the trainer is being vastly over hyped at this stage of Ricky's carer he can almost train himself and get himself in shape. He simply needs someone to iron out the flaws and I have to say why not just use Enzo he gets bad press round these parts but tactically if fighters listen to him and follow his game plan they tend to win.

Lets look at Ricky are any of you Ricky Hatton ? how ricky trains suits Ricky. I'll explain someone wants to look like Daniel Craig in bond they train exactly the same way as craig but never look the same the bottom line is there not Craig. The way Ricky trains works for him as his weight and bf levels drop his fitness increases he can't be over trained and needs a camp that brings him into peak condition fight week. You only need to look at the pac fight to see that over training has a negative effect on his performance. Some people are like that they need to be brought to peak at time of competition.

The other points on Ricky's weight I agree that his weight does get to high between fights however you get people again who can train a lot and eat what they want and stay in shape. Clearly Ricky does some work but lets his diet get out of hand and the way Ricky's body works it means he retains the fat and loses condition quickly.

My point is too much is being put on the trainer. I said it before and I'll say it again the trainer and the opponent is all ready picked. All Ricky needs is a trainer who understands how to bring his body into shape Floyd was far to old school and is clueless in modern weight control methods and he was vastly over paid.

A Slice of Life
Bonters
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2010, 01:15:44 PM »

I have to agree that the choice of trainer is pretty much insignificant.  Unless of course, he is determined to make a sustained comeback and frankly I think that's highly unlikely.  It's a massive risk him coming back at all, particularly after such a long lay off.  It remains pretty much a mystery how he can have let his weight balloon the way he has, and remain at the top of the sport.  But I do think that someone with such a suicidal lifestyle does at least need to remain busy.  I suspect this long period of inactivity will take far more out of him than the average fighter who keeps in condition between fights.
El Matador

« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2010, 10:43:56 PM »

[/quote]
LiveFight

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: