LiveFight
May 21, 2018, 08:51:28 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Floyd Jnr Interview - sorry, I mean interrogation.  (Read 9774 times)
pete postlethwaite
Executive Member

« on: February 11, 2010, 03:25:30 PM »

Floyd Mayweather Jr. GOT OWNED BY Ra the Rugged Man PART 1

I'm never too keen on the hijacking of etiquette, but nevertheless, legitimate points are posed. Probably all the critiques you could ever wish to level at Mayweather are covered in this one.

Gere in Galapagos.
LiveFight
« on: February 11, 2010, 03:25:30 PM »

sam1987

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 03:28:47 PM »

I heard this a while back. Has Floyd not answered the most important questions by signing up to fight Mosley?
Baz88

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 04:09:49 PM »

Thoroughly enjoyed this. Floyd can back up everything except for the Juan Manuel Marquez criticism to be honest. Like he says, offered 8mil to fight Margarito or 12mil to fight the linear champ in Baldomir. Fighting Mosley coming off a great win against Margarito and was willing to take on Pacman if he submitted blood tests, which is fair enough to be honest.

Gaining a lot more respect for Floyd the more in depth I hear about his decision making.
Keegan Jacobs
The Truth
Executive Member

The Truth

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 04:19:50 PM »

I heard this a while back. Has Floyd not answered the most important questions by signing up to fight Mosley?

Grin ... Some will still try to put floyd down by digging up old news . I say to them , open your eyes and see the light because we dont get many of these talented boxers like Floyd Jr so instead of hating on him , some should embrace him but we cant please everybody.  Grin

Baz88

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 04:31:43 PM »

Grin ... Some will still try to put floyd down by digging up old news . I say to them , open your eyes and see the light because we dont get many of these talented boxers like Floyd Jr so instead of hating on him , some should embrace him but we cant please everybody.  Grin
He brings it on himself though, I myself was convinced he wanted no part of certain fighters and its because he doesnt defend himself properly so you see only one side of the argument. If he came out with a cool and calm head and did not allow himself to get wound up then he would more than likely give people the answers they had been looking for.

Do you think hes got Moseley's number? Should be too quick, but Shane's no slouch!
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 04:31:43 PM »

Project-B

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 04:42:45 PM »

Just a thought... Grin

A response to the Pro-Mayweather fans including Yahoo’s Kevin lole
February 10, 9:43 AMSacramento
Fight Sports Examiner Rick Rockwell

Upon my initial scan of Pacland to read the latest Boxing news, 2 things quickly caught my attention. Floyd Mayweather Sr’s comments about Pacquiao and Paclanders frustrated over the latest column by Yahoo’s Kevin lole. So, I go check out Mr. lole’s column and I run across some comments that I strongly disagree with. Let’s examine them.

* “He negotiated to fight the No. 1 pound-for-pound guy in the world.

I’m still not convinced that Floyd really negotiated to get this fight. Floyd made demands and then showed very little compromise on his demands. If Floyd really wanted the fight to happen then why didn’t he just agree to Pacquiao’s counter for a timeline on the testing? How was the 10 day difference such a hurdle for Floyd? He’s the one with a history of taking a controversial drug called Xylocaine. Then when this fight doesn’t happen, Floyd and his peeps start a public smear campaign. How does that reflect someone who was really trying to negotiate a fight? This was nothing more than another example of Floyd trying to make boxing all about Floyd.

* “When that fight couldn’t be made, he didn’t take a fight with someone like Clottey; he took a bout against the No. 3 pound-for-pound fighter in the world

Floyd didn’t take the fight with Mosley because he wanted to. Mosley and the public forced Mayweather into this corner. Mosley even came out over the last few weeks stating that Mayweather was forced into this fight. In addition to this, Mosley’s jumping into the ring and challenging Mayweather after the Marquez fight, also forced Mayweather into this fight. In no way did Floyd initiate this. He can try to spin it all he wants, but in the end the evidence points to Floyd being forced into the fight.

* “What does he have to do to please some of you people? If he doesn’t take the fight you want him to take, you label him a chicken. If he does, you say he didn’t want to.

He can start by keeping his mouth shut. He can stop accusing others of taking PEDs when he and Oscar are the ones with a proven history of taking controversial drugs. He can stop badmouthing others when he’s the one with a criminal background. Just because he finally decides to fight Mosley doesn’t erase the years of ducking other fighters.

* “But he’s now insisting he’s taking on all comers and he’s proving that by his actions.”

His actions: Comes out of retirement and fights a smaller fighter like he’s done so many times before, destroys the negotiations with Pacquiao, and now finally fights Mosley after 10 years of the public wanting to see this. These actions only prove that he’s still playing the same game that he has played his entire career.

* “But when he signs to fight the elite guys in his weight class, he should be commended.”

Are you kidding me? This is what boxers are supposed to do. Just because he finally decides to “man-up” and fight the top guys in his class doesn’t mean he deserves a cookie. It only validates the claims that he’s ducked the elite fighters in his class for a long time.

* “I’m guessing Pacquiao-Clottey does around 500,000 buys. I think Mayweather-Mosley is a good bet to do 1.5 million buys.

Brian Robertson Sacramento, CA “How do you think the PPV buys will compare between the two fights?”

Well, if there’s anything that I might come close to agreeing with Mr. lole on is the fact that there will be a significant difference between these two fights in PPV buys. However, I don’t agree with a 1 million PPV buy difference. I’m going to say about 850, 000 for Pacman and 1.35 for Mayweather and Mosley. Let’s give some credit to Pacquiao’s drawing power.

Jonathan Miller Saramento,CA “Haven’t you heard that everyone is entitled to an opinion?”
Jonathan, I have heard of this. But, just because people are allowed to express their opinion doesn’t mean that I have to agree with them. The majority of the time I don’t agree with the Pro-Mayweather opinions but I respect their rights to express them.

Carlos Diaz Oakland, CA “Why do you always bash Mayweather?”
Carlos, I don’t set out to bash anyone. Floyd just runs his mouth so much that he contradicts himself. If you read many of my recent articles, I point out his hypocrisy. If he didn’t talk so much then I would not have to write about him as much. But this guy is so egotistical that he can’t stop. Someone’s gotta keep this egomaniac accountable.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 04:44:49 PM by Project-B » Logged
pete postlethwaite
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 04:51:38 PM »

Well he's heading in the right direction I guess, another year under the bridge though. This current zeitgeist of cretinous monikers, Money May surely being the most asinine of all, businessmen and part time boxers, streams upon streams of subterfuge, layer upon layer of spin and distortion. Whilst monikers of old signalled intent, a promise to deliver,   - Real Deal, Hitman, Lights Out, Hands of Stone, Cobra, Body Snatcher, Brown Bomber, Dark Destroyer. First and foremost to these men was legacy, everything else that came with the territory, financial rewards and the like was a blessing. Fighters have bled since time immemorial, before sanctioning bodies and belts, before riches and rewards awaited them. Something more primal and absolute informed their hunger, a coda that until recently remained in the hearts of fighters.

The emphasis on as much money as possible for the smallest endeavour is bringing the sport to its knees. When a parasitic pugilist popinjay such as Floyd sits atop the heap the sport will suffer. By seeking legacy a fighter makes more money in the long run anyway, the current abomination cannot be sustained. If you don't want to test yourself to the limit, place self preservation over performance, then your in the wrong business, go play basketball or become a banker, boxing demands more.

The juxtaposition of boxing with the hermetically sealed sanctuary afforded to other top sportsmen is woefully misguided. Boxing is beyond the reach of sporting solaces, it is life and death, brutal and utterly uncompromising. The authentic route cannot be circumnavigated, if you won't play by the rules then don't bother playing. Why would I congratulate you for taking no risk whilst pilfering through my pockets?  Too many fighters enter boxing without understanding and abiding to the unwritten coda that has informed the best ringwork of the last century. Insidious corporate mantra's are swirling around the craniums of prizefighters, half baked encounters ensue, glitz and glamour without the punch!  Floy'd Mayweather's particular brand of pugilism is pernicious to the sport as a whole, every move is shamefully expedient and without class. You can't change the nature of the game, accept what you have to give or empty your locker and vacate the building.

Gere in Galapagos.
Keegan Jacobs
The Truth
Executive Member

The Truth

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 04:58:39 PM »

He brings it on himself though, I myself was convinced he wanted no part of certain fighters and its because he doesnt defend himself properly so you see only one side of the argument. If he came out with a cool and calm head and did not allow himself to get wound up then he would more than likely give people the answers they had been looking for.

Do you think hes got Moseley's number? Should be too quick, but Shane's no slouch!

I have repeated myself so many times as i dont look at fighters for what they do outside the ring because its not my business and I am not the chosen one to judge them . What they do inside the ring , yes i can judge them and thats all i do when floyd gets in the ring and for many years now i have been convinced that he is the most talented boxer in our generation and yes i think he is the best boxer and not just talented.

OFcourse i dont think he has shanes number because he has never fought him and yes shane is no slouch as i think he can beat mayweather jr or pacman because he is a very tough and experienced TRUE welter.

If pacman and floyd come in 99% ready to fight shane, they will lose . Who do i think will win though when both fighters are at % 100 between shane and floyd ? PBF and yes he will come in ready as will shane.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 05:01:05 PM by keegan » Logged

Baz88

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2010, 05:05:29 PM »

Just a thought... Grin

A response to the Pro-Mayweather fans including Yahoo’s Kevin lole
February 10, 9:43 AMSacramento
Fight Sports Examiner Rick Rockwell

Upon my initial scan of Pacland to read the latest Boxing news, 2 things quickly caught my attention. Floyd Mayweather Sr’s comments about Pacquiao and Paclanders frustrated over the latest column by Yahoo’s Kevin lole. So, I go check out Mr. lole’s column and I run across some comments that I strongly disagree with. Let’s examine them.

* “He negotiated to fight the No. 1 pound-for-pound guy in the world.

I’m still not convinced that Floyd really negotiated to get this fight. Floyd made demands and then showed very little compromise on his demands. If Floyd really wanted the fight to happen then why didn’t he just agree to Pacquiao’s counter for a timeline on the testing? How was the 10 day difference such a hurdle for Floyd? He’s the one with a history of taking a controversial drug called Xylocaine. Then when this fight doesn’t happen, Floyd and his peeps start a public smear campaign. How does that reflect someone who was really trying to negotiate a fight? This was nothing more than another example of Floyd trying to make boxing all about Floyd.

* “When that fight couldn’t be made, he didn’t take a fight with someone like Clottey; he took a bout against the No. 3 pound-for-pound fighter in the world

Floyd didn’t take the fight with Mosley because he wanted to. Mosley and the public forced Mayweather into this corner. Mosley even came out over the last few weeks stating that Mayweather was forced into this fight. In addition to this, Mosley’s jumping into the ring and challenging Mayweather after the Marquez fight, also forced Mayweather into this fight. In no way did Floyd initiate this. He can try to spin it all he wants, but in the end the evidence points to Floyd being forced into the fight.

* “What does he have to do to please some of you people? If he doesn’t take the fight you want him to take, you label him a chicken. If he does, you say he didn’t want to.

He can start by keeping his mouth shut. He can stop accusing others of taking PEDs when he and Oscar are the ones with a proven history of taking controversial drugs. He can stop badmouthing others when he’s the one with a criminal background. Just because he finally decides to fight Mosley doesn’t erase the years of ducking other fighters.

* “But he’s now insisting he’s taking on all comers and he’s proving that by his actions.”

His actions: Comes out of retirement and fights a smaller fighter like he’s done so many times before, destroys the negotiations with Pacquiao, and now finally fights Mosley after 10 years of the public wanting to see this. These actions only prove that he’s still playing the same game that he has played his entire career.

* “But when he signs to fight the elite guys in his weight class, he should be commended.”

Are you kidding me? This is what boxers are supposed to do. Just because he finally decides to “man-up” and fight the top guys in his class doesn’t mean he deserves a cookie. It only validates the claims that he’s ducked the elite fighters in his class for a long time.

* “I’m guessing Pacquiao-Clottey does around 500,000 buys. I think Mayweather-Mosley is a good bet to do 1.5 million buys.

Brian Robertson Sacramento, CA “How do you think the PPV buys will compare between the two fights?”

Well, if there’s anything that I might come close to agreeing with Mr. lole on is the fact that there will be a significant difference between these two fights in PPV buys. However, I don’t agree with a 1 million PPV buy difference. I’m going to say about 850, 000 for Pacman and 1.35 for Mayweather and Mosley. Let’s give some credit to Pacquiao’s drawing power.

Jonathan Miller Saramento,CA “Haven’t you heard that everyone is entitled to an opinion?”
Jonathan, I have heard of this. But, just because people are allowed to express their opinion doesn’t mean that I have to agree with them. The majority of the time I don’t agree with the Pro-Mayweather opinions but I respect their rights to express them.

Carlos Diaz Oakland, CA “Why do you always bash Mayweather?”
Carlos, I don’t set out to bash anyone. Floyd just runs his mouth so much that he contradicts himself. If you read many of my recent articles, I point out his hypocrisy. If he didn’t talk so much then I would not have to write about him as much. But this guy is so egotistical that he can’t stop. Someone’s gotta keep this egomaniac accountable.
All abit hypothetical and biased isnt it?

If you look at the supposed 10 day difference in the drugs testing which Pacman wanted, im no expert, but in 10 days im sure I could flush flush designer perfermance enhancers out of my system? The amount of blood taken is in the miligrams. I don't see why Pacquiao didnt just get the fight signed and took the blood tests.

Its all a screen in my view... fights that big don't get done in such a short space of time so they were both looking for ways to postpone it. It'll be done.
Methodical4u
Executive Member

I cheat :-)

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2010, 05:29:29 PM »

All abit hypothetical and biased isnt it?

If you look at the supposed 10 day difference in the drugs testing which Pacman wanted, im no expert, but in 10 days im sure I could flush flush designer perfermance enhancers out of my system? The amount of blood taken is in the miligrams. I don't see why Pacquiao didnt just get the fight signed and took the blood tests.

Its all a screen in my view... fights that big don't get done in such a short space of time so they were both looking for ways to postpone it. It'll be done.

not to start a fight but it's been stated by an official of the USADA that it can be masked or out within a few HOURS not days... which is why random tests are so dangerous to a fighter using.. you never know.
Methodical4u
Executive Member

I cheat :-)

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2010, 05:33:05 PM »

people can't say to much now because IMO Floyd did all he could to fight manny, and now he is fighting Shane... the guy manny and his people avoided.
Skav
Executive Member

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2010, 05:54:31 PM »

not to start a fight but it's been stated by an official of the USADA that it can be masked or out within a few HOURS not days... which is why random tests are so dangerous to a fighter using.. you never know.

This is the thing, do they just come knocking and take a blood test there and then or do they call and say they will be there to take some blood within a few hours?

As you said, it only takes hours to mask it.

Check out my articles at: http://www.ringnews 24.com (all one word)
Hitman
Executive Member

#everythingforareason

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2010, 05:57:02 PM »

This is the thing, do they just come knocking and take a blood test there and then or do they call and say they will be there to take some blood within a few hours?

They just turn up Skav, unannounced and unexpected

Meth is talking about the article i posted here.....

http://www.livefight.com/boxingforum/index.php/topic,6841.0.html

Keegan Jacobs
The Truth
Executive Member

The Truth

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2010, 05:58:54 PM »

There is no calling or notices at all. They will find where your at and will come to you but I'm guessing they will know the fighters normal routine in training and will know where he is at .

Project-B

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2010, 06:42:26 PM »

Well the only solution to the drugtest issue is for nevada to make it compulsory. If the nevada commission asked pacquiao to undergo the drug test im pretty sure he will. They did mention before that they'll abide whatever the commission tells them to do even if random drug test is to be implemented. Team pacquiao just doesnt want to submit to floyd's terms. Now if pacquiao wont submit to the test when the commission asks for it then I dont think anyone can defend his actions. Even a fan wouldnt side with him.

And oh mayweather didnt select mosley. He was forced to fight mosley. Mosley said it himself.
LiveFight

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: