LiveFight
September 23, 2018, 01:26:31 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haroon Khan (amirs weee bro) to figth for Pakistan in london 2012  (Read 4400 times)
Alba
Executive Member

"For what is a man,What has he got ?"

@Albagary
« on: March 05, 2010, 08:58:32 AM »

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/more-sports/boxing/British-boxer-to-represent-Pakistan-in-CWG-and-London-Olympics/articleshow/5646363.cms?

LAHORE: Haroon Khan, a British boxer of Pakistani origin and younger brother of light-weight world champion boxer Amir Khan, has reportedly joined the Pakistan pugilist team for upcoming events, including the 2012 London Olympics.

According to a private television channel, which quoted sources in the Pakistan Boxing Federation (PBF), Haroon along with his father recently visited Karachi where he underwent trials.

Pakistan boxing coach Abdul Majeed Brohi was present during the trial bouts and gave Haroon the green signal to represent the country in forthcoming events, following which he is likely to be included in the squad for the Commonwealth Games in New Delhi and the Asian Games in Guangzhou, China.

"My aim is that at least one of my sons plays for Pakistan and make a name for the country in London Olympics 2012", sources quoted Haroon's father as saying to PBF officials.

Haroon is likely to represent Pakistan in the 52 kilograms weight category in the Delhi Commonwealth Games, according to reports.

Good luck to the laddie,i heard rumours he was supposed to be better than his brother as a amatuer .
LiveFight
« on: March 05, 2010, 08:58:32 AM »

Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 09:58:38 AM »

I've seen the debate on other forums and naturally it descended into arguments and 'national pride'.

At the end of the day, if the kid loves to box and cannot get into the British team because someone has his spot who is regarded as better - then if afforded a chance to go to the Olympics via another route came up, why wouldn't he take it ?

Many a footballer, with a cockney or Mancunian accent had gone and played for Wales or Jamaica !

The debate really only begins, if Haroon has a spot on the British team. But having chatted to Froch who is in the Olympic camp right now, his name has not been mentioned. Is he there? i dont know but can ask around.

51kg is the flyweight category and the last ABA finals, Haroon won it (junior category) and apparently he is a better fighter than Amir is. Stronger and more in the Hatton mould. I get the impression that kid who won the senior category may be in front of Haroon and maybe the senior runner-up is too.

Problem seems he is a bit of a cocky bugger and has been criticised for not applying himself in the past, but winning the ABA last year must mean he's knuckled down.

It must be difficult being a 'kid' and living in Amir's shadow. He has a rep for being very cocky.

This could all be a smoke screen to get Haroon into the Brit team when you think about it...............

« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 10:00:31 AM by Red » Logged
Lane
V.I.P
Executive Member

I HATE AMIR KHAN

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 10:13:27 AM »

Do you think amir has had his say in this because of how the public treated him to annoys even more he's told his brother to fight for pakistan wouldn't suprise me

Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 10:43:55 AM »

Do you think amir has had his say in this because of how the public treated him to annoys even more he's told his brother to fight for pakistan wouldn't suprise me

No mate.

I know the knockers will want to believe stuff like that but it aint true i dont think. Haroon has already represented England in the four nations a few times in the England vest.

Like I said it's clear cut.

If he cannot get to the Olympics as others are better than him, then fair enough. But if he is in contention for a place and is still considering Pakistan then that's very annoying.

It is even more annoying (and bad for Pakistan too) if they are linking him his name with fighting for them, when really he has no intention of fighting for Pakistan but is doing it to threaten the British squad to say "pick me or else".

The ABA know that Haroon will bring a lot of public interest, what with his brother already doing well at the last Olympics.

But they must pick the squad completely fairly. If someone unknown is better and is believed to give us a stronger chance, then they should be in the team and not Haroon.

Name alone, is not a guarantee to be automatically chosen.

Let's wait and see first.
Alba
Executive Member

"For what is a man,What has he got ?"

@Albagary
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 11:30:43 AM »

I've seen the debate on other forums and naturally it descended into arguments and 'national pride'.

At the end of the day, if the kid loves to box and cannot get into the British team because someone has his spot who is regarded as better - then if afforded a chance to go to the Olympics via another route came up, why wouldn't he take it ?

Many a footballer, with a cockney or Mancunian accent had gone and played for Wales or Jamaica !

The debate really only begins, if Haroon has a spot on the British team. But having chatted to Froch who is in the Olympic camp right now, his name has not been mentioned. Is he there? i dont know but can ask around.

51kg is the flyweight category and the last ABA finals, Haroon won it (junior category) and apparently he is a better fighter than Amir is. Stronger and more in the Hatton mould. I get the impression that kid who won the senior category may be in front of Haroon and maybe the senior runner-up is too.

Problem seems he is a bit of a cocky bugger and has been criticised for not applying himself in the past, but winning the ABA last year must mean he's knuckled down.

It must be difficult being a 'kid' and living in Amir's shadow. He has a rep for being very cocky.

This could all be a smoke screen to get Haroon into the Brit team when you think about it...............

that is fair point ,but in some circles people wont really apply the same logic will they .
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 11:30:43 AM »

jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 11:51:26 AM »

No mate.

I know the knockers will want to believe stuff like that but it aint true i dont think. Haroon has already represented England in the four nations a few times in the England vest.

Like I said it's clear cut.

If he cannot get to the Olympics as others are better than him, then fair enough. But if he is in contention for a place and is still considering Pakistan then that's very annoying.

It is even more annoying (and bad for Pakistan too) if they are linking him his name with fighting for them, when really he has no intention of fighting for Pakistan but is doing it to threaten the British squad to say "pick me or else".

The ABA know that Haroon will bring a lot of public interest, what with his brother already doing well at the last Olympics.

But they must pick the squad completely fairly. If someone unknown is better and is believed to give us a stronger chance, then they should be in the team and not Haroon.

Name alone, is not a guarantee to be automatically chosen.

Let's wait and see first.

Completely agree mate, I just think he wants to be at the olympics and will use his parentage to get there if need be. Like you said he isnt the first to have done this.
dallykint
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, 03:19:29 PM »

Andre berto competed under the Haiti flag at the olympics I believe.So it's not unusual.
Every Cloud
Executive Member

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2010, 03:23:45 PM »

He got pakistani parents fair play to the lad for fighting for pakistan. If I grew up in Germany I'd still want to represent GB. Couldnt care less
Jambonhead
V.I.P
Executive Member

...AND THE NEW!!!

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2010, 05:15:42 PM »

its downt to personal prefernce and he has the right to free choice.

Ill be interested to see how he develops as i also heard rumours he was better than amir, and i think hes had a few sessions at the wild card?

Bunce-''right Im not sure whats going with the walk ins so lets just listen to some mariachi music and look at the corona girls''

''Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face'' - Mike Tyson
GRIZWAULD

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2010, 05:50:33 PM »

I agree with red. It would be different if he had a place on the gb team. The lad just wants to box...fair play.

Would be good hype if he faces on of our top boys! Wonder what his chin is like  Roll Eyes
ralphy

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2010, 05:54:53 PM »

As I recall Amir did a similar thing when he was looking for a place on the olympic team. He threatened to fight for pakistan as the rules in britain dictated he was too young at the time...
The Underdog
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2010, 07:17:12 PM »

good point well made IQ
Skratch-Alien
V.I.P
Executive Member

SWINES

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2010, 11:39:00 AM »

I bet W*****'s already lined him up for a title shot Grin
mo

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2010, 11:47:53 AM »

I bet W*****'s already lined him up for a title shot Grin

lol IQ . Wish haroon all the best with his boxing career . im assuming he will turn pro after the olympics , it will be intresting to see who his promoter will be as there are a few choices and also now there is khan promotions etc

Terrible
Executive Member

With great power, comes great responsibility

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2010, 01:59:49 PM »

If he wants to box for Pakistan he should get out of this country and live in Pakistan then. Im sick of peoplecoming over hear demanding rights and still want to be a success for there own country. Whatever country you want to be a success in you should live there in my opinion. Gamal Yafai would eat him anyway.
LiveFight

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: