LiveFight
September 21, 2018, 08:49:06 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haroon Khan (amirs weee bro) to figth for Pakistan in london 2012  (Read 4396 times)
stephen thompson
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2010, 02:11:18 PM »

I don't see any issue.

terrible. do you think haye should be announced as a cyprus heavy weight world champ as I believe he resides and trains there doesn't he, albeit for tax reaaons.

should all the foreign or players F off back to there own countries football league.

should we dIsband the cricket ipl because they are not all indian

your comment was extremely ignorant mate.

Happy Holidays is what the terrorists say so.....merry Christmas one and all

LiveFight
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2010, 02:11:18 PM »

deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2010, 02:11:42 PM »

If he wants to box for Pakistan he should get out of this country and live in Pakistan then. Im sick of peoplecoming over hear demanding rights and still want to be a success for there own country. Whatever country you want to be a success in you should live there in my opinion. Gamal Yafai would eat him anyway.
There are a number of factors here. Firstly his dad seems to have been an influence by wanting him to fight for Pakistan. Family pressure is not that easy to overcome. Secondly if he has been passed over by the British team then why should he not still try to get to the Olympics? If he has the talent, as others have suggested, to be there then he has a right to try in my opinion. If his own team don't want him to fight for them why should anyone care who he fights for?
Terrible
Executive Member

With great power, comes great responsibility

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2010, 02:20:26 PM »

There are a number of factors here. Firstly his dad seems to have been an influence by wanting him to fight for Pakistan. Family pressure is not that easy to overcome. Secondly if he has been passed over by the British team then why should he not still try to get to the Olympics? If he has the talent, as others have suggested, to be there then he has a right to try in my opinion. If his own team don't want him to fight for them why should anyone care who he fights for?

Deck I understand and respect what your saying but I am really not for all this rubbish of cant make it for one country try for another. The boy is supposidly good enough I have seen him fight once and hes quite effective but I just dont think its right to fight here claim boxing funds, rewards etc. Then decide because your being overlooked by the ABA youll just pack up and insist on Boxing for another country. He has said supposidly that its all rumer, but if theres any truth in it he should live over there. The SABA and the ABAhave been accused of having favourites but if the boy was that good then hed be Engands 1 pick at 54kg. Hes moved up to 54kg anyway to avoid Yafai at 51g and Luke Campbell moved up to 57kg so its more open for him to box for England at 54kg, If hes good enough it will say Harroon Khan(England) 54kg at London 2012.
Terrible
Executive Member

With great power, comes great responsibility

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2010, 02:24:06 PM »

I don't see any issue.

terrible. do you think haye should be announced as a cyprus heavy weight world champ as I believe he resides and trains there doesn't he, albeit for tax reaaons.

should all the foreign or players F off back to there own countries football league.

should we dIsband the cricket ipl because they are not all indian

your comment was extremely ignorant mate.

Tomo proffesional football and proffessional Boxing are different factors mate. They are gaining success for themselves and everyone plays all over he world no matter what, but Amateur sports are of a different kind in my opinion. Theres alot of National pride in Amateur Boxing and I know that news would upset some coachs because we are funding a kid who doesnt want to box or our nation( supposidly ). So coaches would turn round and say whats the point if we are funding kids who dont want to be  success fo our country and some of our lads are missing out because of it.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 02:25:46 PM by Terrible1989 » Logged
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2010, 02:29:04 PM »

Deck I understand and respect what your saying but I am really not for all this rubbish of cant make it for one country try for another. The boy is supposidly good enough I have seen him fight once and hes quite effective but I just dont think its right to fight here claim boxing funds, rewards etc. Then decide because your being overlooked by the ABA youll just pack up and insist on Boxing for another country. He has said supposidly that its all rumer, but if theres any truth in it he should live over there. The SABA and the ABAhave been accused of having favourites but if the boy was that good then hed be Engands 1 pick at 54kg. Hes moved up to 54kg anyway to avoid Yafai at 51g and Luke Campbell moved up to 57kg so its more open for him to box for England at 54kg, If hes good enough it will say Harroon Khan(England) 54kg at London 2012.
He was born in Britain and has has fought for Britain. If he's being overlooked at this stage then they don't want him to fight for them at a higher level. It's as simple as that. If he's not good enough for the team then why the fuss if he goes somewhere else? Either they want him or not. He's 18 years old so he hasn't long left in the amatuers if he's planning on turning professional. Why should he waste the time he has left boxing in the amauers at just national level when he can get to the Olympics with a different country at the end of his amatuer career?
LiveFight
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2010, 02:29:04 PM »

Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2010, 02:38:28 PM »

fact is if he was anyone else, nobody would be even talking about it.

deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2010, 02:39:01 PM »

fact is if he was anyone else, nobody would be even talking about it.
That's true.
stephen thompson
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2010, 02:43:52 AM »

Tomo proffesional football and proffessional Boxing are different factors mate. They are gaining success for themselves and everyone plays all over he world no matter what, but Amateur sports are of a different kind in my opinion. Theres alot of National pride in Amateur Boxing and I know that news would upset some coachs because we are funding a kid who doesnt want to box or our nation( supposidly ). So coaches would turn round and say whats the point if we are funding kids who dont want to be  success fo our country and some of our lads are missing out because of it.

no probs terrible. sounds much better when articulated this way mate

Happy Holidays is what the terrorists say so.....merry Christmas one and all

Team Lee

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2010, 10:44:14 AM »

If he wants to box for Pakistan he should get out of this country and live in Pakistan then. Im sick of peoplecoming over hear demanding rights and still want to be a success for there own country. Whatever country you want to be a success in you should live there in my opinion. Gamal Yafai would eat him anyway.

Tell me this post is a wind up!
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2010, 11:06:13 AM »

Tell me this post is a wind up!

Which bit? Gamal Yafai is the man at 51 right now  Grin

I think he's getting a bad rep over this decision based on him apparently being a cocky sod and his surname.

LiveFight

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: