LiveFight
November 18, 2017, 06:37:27 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Erik Morales Update  (Read 1839 times)
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« on: March 13, 2010, 01:20:30 AM »

www.fightnews.com

12 Mar 2010

Erik Morales Update
Ex-champ rounding into shape

Pepe Rodriguez

Former world champion Erik Morales sparred twelve rounds on Thursday as he prepares for his March 27 PPV collision with Jose Alfaro in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. Under the watchful eye of his father and trainer José “Olivaritos” Morales, Erik has has completed two hard months of training at the Centro Ceremonial Otomí high in the Mexican mountains about 50 miles west of Mexico City. Morales will break camp on March 21 and travel to Monterrey for fight week.

Photos: Pepe Rodriguez

« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 01:22:16 AM by deck » Logged
LiveFight
« on: March 13, 2010, 01:20:30 AM »

Tito
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 08:45:04 AM »

I saw pictures of the presser a few weeks ago Morales looked in good shape then and now he looks good in these too. How much as he got left in the tank I don't know but I'm looking forward to this fight Alfaro is a solid enough name to target.

Jambonhead
V.I.P
Executive Member

...AND THE NEW!!!

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 09:03:09 AM »

I would love it if he revived his career, the break doing him good and he becomes a real contender again, can u imagine if he comes back strong, i presume he will be at a much higher weight? welterweight? well if so maybe this weight suits him more now and he was weight drained before,

if that did happen, morales - pacman 4 any1?  Grin

Bunce-''right Im not sure whats going with the walk ins so lets just listen to some mariachi music and look at the corona girls''

''Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face'' - Mike Tyson
Tito
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 09:21:57 AM »

I would love it if he revived his career, the break doing him good and he becomes a real contender again, can u imagine if he comes back strong, i presume he will be at a much higher weight? welterweight? well if so maybe this weight suits him more now and he was weight drained before,

if that did happen, morales - pacman 4 any1?  Grin

Manny would destroy him at WW but I'd love to see Erik fight blown up WW's like JLC and maybe even fight Saul Alvarez. That is a big fight for the Mexican people and even at this stage Erik will have people who will buy his ppv's. I think Erik is desperate to face JMM but at WW it just ain't going to happen if they can agree a weight of around 142 then it could happen and be another huge fight that would stoke up interest.

jopach23

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 05:21:47 AM »

I can't believe he will be fighting at welterweight for this fight.  I have always been a huge fan of Morales, but welter is just too much weight for his frame to carry.  He should of made it a catch weight between lw and jrwelter.
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 05:21:47 AM »

joey_ed27

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 08:37:28 AM »

I sure hope he watched the the Gomez-Castillo fight.  That should serve him a good warning.

"..If you train hard, the fight's easy... You know.." - Pacman
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 08:45:24 AM »

It won't serve him a better warning than losing to David Diaz did and he's still back!
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 10:04:14 PM »

It won't serve him a better warning than losing to David Diaz did and he's still back!

I thought Morales won that fight personally.
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 11:11:01 PM »

I thought Morales won that fight personally.
I know it was a dodgy decision but it's more the fact that there was little in it. Any sort of a prime Morales would have knocked Diaz out.
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: