LiveFight
August 14, 2018, 11:40:21 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ok give us your fav Brit prospect?  (Read 7138 times)
Alba
Executive Member

"For what is a man,What has he got ?"

@Albagary
« on: March 22, 2010, 11:41:48 AM »

everyone has there own criteria but lets say the prospect will have  had less than 7 fights ( i say this because the smaller weights tend to get title fights earlier) and underr under 23.Anyone can put who they think just thought some criteria might be a good way to start the ball rolling!

so im going with the obvious

Frankie Gavin - seems natural in the ring and decent puncher .Also has i mpressed me with the way he handeld mcdonnagh inn his last fight .think he could go far out of all the olympians .

Adrian Gonzalez- a super bantamweight fighter who at the moment dosent have any ko's,but from what i have seen seems to box smart and has been matched pretty well so far

these are just my take on it
LiveFight
« on: March 22, 2010, 11:41:48 AM »

Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 11:46:42 AM »

Tony Bellew is a good shout, outside of the Olympians.

Alba
Executive Member

@Albagary
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 11:53:30 AM »

Tony Bellew is a good shout, outside of the Olympians.

ayr i like him .I find him highly entertaining ,he is prett gmae aswell .you could see how made up he was in his last fight by having Conteh walk him in!
Hitman
Executive Member

#everythingforareason

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 11:57:52 AM »

Groves and Jeffries

Socrates
V.I.P
Executive Member

Happy Valenbirthiversary

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 12:03:38 PM »

Groves is the one that I really rate. Has been matched well and is ambitious and deserves all the credit in the world for taking the Commonwealth shot so soon.

I think Gavin will go furthest of the Olympians. I am far from convinced by Billy Joe Saunders and De Gale.

If you love something set it free. Unless it's a tiger.
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 12:03:38 PM »

Alba
Executive Member

@Albagary
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 12:11:46 PM »

do you think that padding someones record at an early stage in there career is beneficial form over matching them inn the ealry stage in there career ?
Tito
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 12:18:02 PM »

I don't think you can really rate a Prospect until they at a level where they can fight for a meaningful level like British and Commonwealth. All these young fighters get to fight Guys who are 24-100-6 but its nothing more than a glorified spar so its until they face a bit of adversity you can test there mettle and ambition.
Tyson Fury is a good example of fighting some decent names so far in his career. He is a bit deluded and a comedy figure but he as answered all the questions put in front of him so far even if he got a gift decision against McDermott.   

G-man
Executive Member

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 12:20:34 PM »

I like Groves and Scott Quig.
Alba
Executive Member

@Albagary
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2010, 12:25:58 PM »

I don't think you can really rate a Prospect until they at a level where they can fight for a meaningful level like British and Commonwealth. All these young fighters get to fight Guys who are 24-100-6 but its nothing more than a glorified spar so its until they face a bit of adversity you can test there mettle and ambition.
Tyson Fury is a good example of fighting some decent names so far in his career. He is a bit deluded and a comedy figure but he as answered all the questions put in front of him so far even if he got a gift decision against McDermott.   

i fair enough tito ,however it could be argued they stop becoming a prosect when they become a champion etc.its just to get folks idea mate ...
Hitman
Executive Member

#everythingforareason

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2010, 12:27:17 PM »

I like Groves and Scott Quig.

Quigg is a good shout

G-man
Executive Member

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2010, 12:29:05 PM »

Quigg is a good shout
The first time i saw him i wasn't that impressed to be honest (i think he might have even got dropped) but he's come on loads since then.
Tito
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2010, 12:41:28 PM »

I have always been a fan of Paul Truscott he may have lost at domestic level twice against Simpson but I feel he as more to come once he as had time to reflect and recharge his batteries. There is a huge list of fighters he could face in meaningful fights and I wouldn't be surprised if he upset a few names later down the line.

Alba
Executive Member

@Albagary
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2010, 12:48:46 PM »

I have always been a fan of Paul Truscott he may have lost at domestic level twice against Simpson but I feel he as more to come once he as had time to reflect and recharge his batteries. There is a huge list of fighters he could face in meaningful fights and I wouldn't be surprised if he upset a few names later down the line.

he seemed to be doing well till he come up against john simpson ,i think he seemed a bit cut prone in thiose two fights which will always hamper a fighter .him and akaash bhatia would be a good fight ,both coming of losses.
pogo
V.I.P

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2010, 01:47:26 PM »

Kell Brook, Frankie Gavin and the much disliked James Degale, who i reckon would dismantle Saint George Groves.

Good times ahead for the Brits I think. Grin
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 01:49:54 PM by pogo » Logged
Fightin Irish
Executive Member

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2010, 01:51:25 PM »

Quigg is a good shout!! On another level, Cleverly surely will be next to break into the world scene, in the next 18 months!
LiveFight

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: