LiveFight
February 26, 2018, 03:07:36 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Joe Calzaghe did coke in the week too - Ex reveals  (Read 21575 times)
Che Guevara
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #120 on: April 15, 2010, 10:08:53 PM »

froch and his fans really need to drop the whole calzaghe thing its bordering on insanity at this stage and taking over their lifes....if junior witter had any fans and they were going on like this yad be embaressed for them!!!! move on lads or seek some form of help, yous will one day come to terms with this whole thing  Cheesy

to be honest im a fan of neither but have followed their careers and admire both for what they achieved/continue to achieve..the fight didnt happen but id could be here all night naming fights that never occured for one reason or another,unfortunatly thats boxing.  Undecided
LiveFight
« Reply #120 on: April 15, 2010, 10:08:53 PM »

The_Answer
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #121 on: April 16, 2010, 07:52:08 AM »

froch and his fans really need to drop the whole calzaghe thing its bordering on insanity at this stage and taking over their lifes....if junior witter had any fans and they were going on like this yad be embaressed for them!!!! move on lads or seek some form of help, yous will one day come to terms with this whole thing  Cheesy

to be honest im a fan of neither but have followed their careers and admire both for what they achieved/continue to achieve..the fight didnt happen but id could be here all night naming fights that never occured for one reason or another,unfortunatly thats boxing.  Undecided

Fair Enough comment.

Now what should we do about Calzaghe constantly returning to the media to slate Froch...

It isn't only 'Froch and his fans' that are having trouble letting go of this subject.

Che Guevara
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #122 on: April 16, 2010, 09:59:37 AM »

Fair Enough comment.

Now what should we do about Calzaghe constantly returning to the media to slate Froch...

It isn't only 'Froch and his fans' that are having trouble letting go of this subject.

i dont think calzaghe's disease is as big as froch's, i dont think a day has past in his life since going pro where he hasnt mentioned the name "joe calzaghe" he mentions him in EVERY SINGLE interview he does or has ever done....its getting a bit boring at this stage and embaressing!!!

froch no longer needs calzaghe hes gone on to carve out a great career for himself without joe, by taking on all comers and fighting the best,the super six is gonna be the makings of him he should concentrate on that and get over the calzaghe syndrome. calzaghe on the other hand should also shut his trap regarding froch, if he has nothing good to say about him or the super six he shouldnt open his mouth at all, in fact he should get behind a fellow brit and wish him well in a tournament that involves a dane,armenian and three yanks. these are two grown men we are talking about here going on like 10yr olds and coming across as muppets in the process.  
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 10:01:27 AM by che guevara » Logged
Fightin Irish
Executive Member

« Reply #123 on: April 16, 2010, 10:22:11 AM »

I think, well from recent interviews anyway, hes constantly asked about Calzaghe by the reporters in fairness!
Skav
Executive Member

« Reply #124 on: April 16, 2010, 11:34:02 AM »

i dont think calzaghe's disease is as big as froch's, i dont think a day has past in his life since going pro where he hasnt mentioned the name "joe calzaghe" he mentions him in EVERY SINGLE interview he does or has ever done....its getting a bit boring at this stage and embaressing!!!

froch no longer needs calzaghe hes gone on to carve out a great career for himself without joe, by taking on all comers and fighting the best,the super six is gonna be the makings of him he should concentrate on that and get over the calzaghe syndrome. calzaghe on the other hand should also shut his trap regarding froch, if he has nothing good to say about him or the super six he shouldnt open his mouth at all, in fact he should get behind a fellow brit and wish him well in a tournament that involves a dane,armenian and three yanks. these are two grown men we are talking about here going on like 10yr olds and coming across as muppets in the process.  

IQ, Che.

Froch has the chance to make an era of his own in boxing now and that's what he should be focusing on.

The Super 6 is his golden ticket!

Check out my articles at: http://www.ringnews 24.com (all one word)
LiveFight
« Reply #124 on: April 16, 2010, 11:34:02 AM »

Scarface
Executive Member

« Reply #125 on: April 16, 2010, 07:30:58 PM »

I totally agree Che.

In fact if Carl were to win the super 6, become undisputed SM and become Undisputed LH and STILL continue mentioning Joe long into his career until his retirement - it would mean that he is preventing himself from stepping out of calzaghe's shadow regardless of his achievements which will be a pity.

Like a sexy girlfriend that gave you the best ever "O" face but who now no longer loves or wants you ..... you gotta just let it go !!! 

You need people like me ... You need people like me so you can point your fokking finger and say hey, dats the bad guy.
Keiran

« Reply #126 on: April 17, 2010, 02:18:52 AM »

For me its a little bit sad. You can pick holes in his record but u can even do that even with the top p4p'ers. we've got/had some great talent from the uk but we love to seem havin a pop at them. same in all sports. joe, carl and amir are taking on or have taking on the yanks or other nations why not get behind them all. they've all got gobs on them but they've got to have in this sport but im pretty sure they're all decent lads away from all this. if they're british and competing and competing well i'll get behind them.
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #127 on: April 17, 2010, 09:53:02 AM »

For me its a little bit sad. You can pick holes in his record but u can even do that even with the top p4p'ers. we've got/had some great talent from the uk but we love to seem havin a pop at them. same in all sports. joe, carl and amir are taking on or have taking on the yanks or other nations why not get behind them all. they've all got gobs on them but they've got to have in this sport but im pretty sure they're all decent lads away from all this. if they're british and competing and competing well i'll get behind them.

Iq good post.
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #128 on: April 18, 2010, 05:28:40 AM »

Bringing his name up in a bad light ?

He's doing a grand enough job of that himself !  Cheesy

Slagging off Lennox Lewis, saying how dare he be ranked above him at no1 'when he's got losses' is the sign of someone delusional.

"I hate boxing it's dying, i'm glad to be getting out" - then starts up as a promoter.
"We are going to bring back top- class boxing to the people of Wales" - then jacks in his promotion company.
"I'd never fight the shell of Roy Jones" - then he fights the shell of Roy Jones.
"What would i gain from being the 3rd man to knock out Jones?" - then fails to knock him out (but gets dropped).
"I am going to put him (Hopkins) into permanent retirement." - gets dropped, runs from a rematch and retires himself !
"If you ever see me on reality TV you can shoot me in the head" - tells Welsh TV, 4 weeks later signs for Strictly Dancing.
"Sorry Mikkel, I'm off to America" - writes open letter to Kessler that he aint famous enough for US. Then fights him next.
"I cant speak for Hatton, but for me W***** is the best promoter in the world" - no explanation required.
"I cannot make Super middleweight anymore" - weighs 166 for Kessler, vacates WBC but clings to WBO.
"After my contest against Roy Jones Jr it is my intention to defend the WBO title." - In letter to WBO...then retires.

This in an interesting collation of investigative research, but Calzaghe is not an isolated figure when it comes to 'perceived' hypocrisy...the same could be said for most fighters upon macro inspection...

For example...

David Haye fought Monte Barrett despite the fact that months before the fight was agreed, When David Haye was considering potential opponents for his 'Offical' Heavyweight debut, David publicly dismissed Barrett as a credible opponent (in much the same way as Calzaghe had previously dismissed Jones)

In the build up to Mayweather Marquez, Mayweather was asked by a reporter why he wasn't taking on Mosley, to which Mayweather retorted that Mosley is just an old, over the hill steroid user who is looking a payday...despite this, he agreed to face him months later and changed his tune...

Ricky Hatton often stated that mingling and mixing with A-list celebs was 'just not me', yet he bragged about exchanging texts with the likes of David Beckham and had the likes of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie in his dressing room prior to his fight with Mayweather (who ironically, despite his 'flashy' image, only had his eldest son with him in the build up to the fight)...

Etc...

The above are just examples to highlight that anyone can be targeted for 'perceived' hypocrisy. It must however be appreciated that, as human beings, we are blessed with the possession of FREE WILL...namely, we are entitled to change our minds and re-shape our cognitions and perspectives on matters...if that makes us hypocrites then that is just the nature of the human condition...

"If they say why? why? tell 'em that is human nature" (Michael Jackson, 1982)  Grin Grin Grin
jaimie77
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #129 on: April 18, 2010, 08:16:53 AM »

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=20272

Add to Sour Lemmons post Carl Froch saying over and over that Hopkins was washed up and well past it when Joe fought him but when linked to fight him in another interview states Bernard Hopkins is an " American legend "

WBC super middleweight champion Carl Froch say his next fight will take place in September and if he doesn't get a unification bout with Lucian Bute, the IBF champion, then he will face Bernard Hopkins. Bute is still the frontrunner, but Hopkins is the secondary choice for the potential return date of September 5.

"It will probably be Bute but if we can do a deal with Hopkins he is someone I would love to fight," said Froch to BBC Sport. "The next fight will probably be in September we're looking for the fifth but nothing has been set in stone yet. It will be Lucian Bute or Bernard Hopkins, who is an American legend. If that's the fight that can be made then that's one I'll go for."
The Bute fight happens the bout will take place in England, and Froch has no issue about traveling to fight Hopkins in the bright lights of Las Vegas.

"If it's Bute it will be in England, if it's Hopkins it will be in Las Vegas. I'm at the top of the game now," Froch said. "I'm world champion - I fought a great fight against Jermain Taylor and it's been acknowledged I'm a serious operator."

"I've been away for a week but other than that I've just been relaxing my bones and muscles and having a bit of a breather after 12 weeks of training. The rest is important so that is what I've been doing. Physically it takes a lot out of you but mentally too. It's very demanding.

Pot kettle and all that, end of the argument as far as im concerned boys and girls Grin
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #130 on: April 18, 2010, 09:43:03 AM »

This in an interesting collation of investigative research, but Calzaghe is not an isolated figure when it comes to 'perceived' hypocrisy...the same could be said for most fighters upon macro inspection...

For example...

David Haye fought Monte Barrett despite the fact that months before the fight was agreed, When David Haye was considering potential opponents for his 'Offical' Heavyweight debut, David publicly dismissed Barrett as a credible opponent (in much the same way as Calzaghe had previously dismissed Jones)

In the build up to Mayweather Marquez, Mayweather was asked by a reporter why he wasn't taking on Mosley, to which Mayweather retorted that Mosley is just an old, over the hill steroid user who is looking a payday...despite this, he agreed to face him months later and changed his tune...

Ricky Hatton often stated that mingling and mixing with A-list celebs was 'just not me', yet he bragged about exchanging texts with the likes of David Beckham and had the likes of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie in his dressing room prior to his fight with Mayweather (who ironically, despite his 'flashy' image, only had his eldest son with him in the build up to the fight)...

Etc...

The above are just examples to highlight that anyone can be targeted for 'perceived' hypocrisy. It must however be appreciated that, as human beings, we are blessed with the possession of FREE WILL...namely, we are entitled to change our minds and re-shape our cognitions and perspectives on matters...if that makes us hypocrites then that is just the nature of the human condition...

"If they say why? why? tell 'em that is human nature" (Michael Jackson, 1982)  Grin Grin Grin

Sorry but you can add all of those names together and wouldn't get close to the numbers Calzaghe has given us over the last few years.

He absolutely ripped Jones to pieces on a setanta studio intervew, declaring that Pavlik was the much bigger name, HBO would pay big money for that fight to happen and its definitely the one he wanted after Hopkins. Then he got his arse kicked by Hopkins, paniced about losing his precious '0' and then flipped over W***** after 40+ fights and 13 years to clear off and fight that joke match up.

W*****'s calls went unanswered to Calzaghe and then he declared he was leaving him in the days after this interview went on line. Even with 3m of his purse sat in his bank account !

Bob Arum, Frank W***** Interview: "Pavlik vs. Calzaghe!"

jaimie77
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #131 on: April 18, 2010, 09:50:46 AM »

So by Carl saying Hopkins is over the hill and past it one minuete ( when Joe fights him ) then an " American legend " and someone he would love to fight the next not as hypocritical as Joe hammering Jones then fighting him ??

To be honest mate your whole argument imo has been thrown out the window with Carls comments as far as im concerned.
jaimie77
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #132 on: April 18, 2010, 10:31:41 AM »

Another little add to the argument around 3.45 Carl talks about not wanting to fight a voluntary, im not interested in fighting mandatorys, says he is getting on a bit now etc

Sound familiar ?? Not like Joe saying it then ??

Live Carl Froch Interview

Also here is a video interview on the bbc website talking about Hopkins - Straight from the horses mouth  Grin

BBC Sport - Boxing - Froch tempted by Hopkins showdown
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 03:42:51 PM by jaimie77 » Logged
Scarface
Executive Member

« Reply #133 on: April 18, 2010, 12:26:43 PM »

For example...

Etc...

"If they say why? why? tell 'em that is human nature" (Michael Jackson, 1982)  Grin Grin Grin

Top notch post sour lemon.

Some people on this forum apply certain rules to specific fighters - but are incapable of applying the same laws to their own favourite boxers. They simply do not wish to investigate those routes in fear of what they may find. Sooner or later these guys lose credibility on forums like this - as they themselves are found in numerous backtracking and contradictions. When they have no comeback they simply repeat themselves over again... can be quite tiresome.

(CC) - and very well written. Loved the Human nature lyrics.  Cheesy

It will be difficult for some to accept that their own fav boxer is also clouded in hypocrisy - so to deflect it they change their angle of attack and go down the route of boxer A is more of a hypocrite than boxer B - simply childish IMO.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 12:31:03 PM by Scarface » Logged

You need people like me ... You need people like me so you can point your fokking finger and say hey, dats the bad guy.
Scarface
Executive Member

« Reply #134 on: April 18, 2010, 12:45:41 PM »

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=20272

Add to Sour Lemmons post Carl Froch saying over and over that Hopkins was washed up and well past it when Joe fought him but when linked to fight him in another interview states Bernard Hopkins is an " American legend "

Pot kettle and all that, end of the argument as far as im concerned boys and girls Grin

In the article you posted froch says :

"if we can deal with hopkins he would be someone I would love to fight"

now he is fixated and deluded with the concept that JC ducked him to face .... wait for it ....hopkins - LOL !!!

You can't write comedy material like this ... how do I get in contact with Michael McIntyre.

LiveFight

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: