LiveFight
October 21, 2017, 03:17:18 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Darchinyan-Donaire 2 is off  (Read 2872 times)
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« on: May 05, 2010, 04:30:53 PM »

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/darchinyan-donaire-2-is-off-44928#more-44928

Darchinyan-Donaire 2 is off

By Ray Wheatley — World of Boxing

Elias Nassar, manager of WBC/WBA super flyweight champion Vic Darchinyan (34-2-1, 27 KOs), has contacted Fightnews to advise that negotiations for rematch with Nonito Donaire have collapsed. Nassar said the Donaire camp have failed to sign the contract after six weeks and they are now back to square one. Vic Darchinyan also stated he is disappointed in Nonito Donaire’s failure to sign the contract. “We signed the deal two days into talks,” said Nassar. “We were there waiting for Donaire to make up his mind on what he wanted to do. It’s easy to point the finger at who didn’t want the fight. It’s the party who doesn’t sign a contract.”

He continued, “This rematch has taken six weeks to travel nowhere. We made contact with Donaire’s camp when initial talks began to made sure we didn’t waste time in negotiations and now six weeks later we are back to square one. Donaire was shooting his mouth off how his punch wasnt lucky the first time round. We signed the contract after two days into negotiations. We have been made to wait for no apparent reason whatsoever. Vic Darchinyan’s last six fights including, Christian Mijares, Joseph Agbeko, Jorge Arce, Z Gorres and Dimitry Kirilov have taken collectively two weeks in total to finalize and put to bed.

“We have fought the best of best thanks to Gary Shaw. Vic Darchinyan is not fighting junior flyweights like Nonito Donaire to make a name for himself. We fight the best and we will continue to fight the best. These types of situations are why MMA continues to make rapid ground on boxing because they are made to fight each other, sometimes in boxing it’s just wishful thinking. We apologize to our fans, the Showtime Network and our promoter Gary Shaw for wasting their time in trying to negotiate with a fighter that only talks about fighting the best, but delivers the very exact opposite.”

Vic Darchinyan also voiced his disappointment. “I dont know what to say,” he commented. “My whole career I have never experienced what has taken place. I phoned Gary Shaw every day for the last few weeks asking if we had a signed contract. It’s very disappointing.

“I’m the unified champion. I shouldn’t be waiting for Donaire. He thinks I’m waiting six weeks for him to make up his mind. I want to be a four or five division titlist, not wasting time for Princess Nonito to figure out if he wants to fight.

“Nonito knows what will happen if we fight. I will knock him out. It’s probably a smart move not to fight someone who will wreck your career. He’ll be found out soon. He’ll continue to live up to his nickname of ‘The Fraud.’ I don’t understand why you can’t sign a piece of paper and fax it back. He has been fighting bums. He isn’t fighting on network TV, so he can’t be making money. It’s very frustrating. At least you will be known as the fighter who didn’t know if he wanted to fight.”

Darchinyan will clash with Richard Garcia (21-10-1, 5 KOs) on May 20 at the Parramatta Leagues Club in Sydney, NSW, Australia. He defended the WBC/WBA titles successfully when he outpointed Mexico’s Rodrigo Guerrero over twelve rounds on March 6.
LiveFight
« on: May 05, 2010, 04:30:53 PM »

Gul Dukat
Executive Member

I'm only one the number 1!

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 05:29:55 PM »

I assume, now is the way free for Munoz vs. Darchinyan, to clear up who is the best current Super-Flyweight.

Des Glückes Glanz erklingt und scheint auf mich hernieder. Führt mich zu sich empor, jetzt klingen tausend Lieder.
Hitman
Executive Member

#everythingforareason

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 05:45:36 PM »

Darchinyan needs to grow a set of balls to back up that mouth

deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 08:10:00 PM »

In fairness to Vic, Nonito beat the bollocks out of him!  Evil

Nonito Donaire TKO5 Vic Darchinyan
Hitman
Executive Member

#everythingforareason

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 08:23:28 PM »

Darchinyan has run his mouth ever since he was pole-axed by Nonito, he needs to step up to the plate and back it up

Donaire has wanted this fight for ages, he has also been one of the unluckiest fighters of the past 10 years. Donaire really needs a break

LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 08:23:28 PM »

Haynesey

'Can that man fight.' Larry Merchant

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 08:33:08 PM »

Roll Eyes

Donaire was the one who didn't sign the contract, not Darchinyan. Compare the two fighters respective resumes since their first bout and you'll see who needs to grow a set of balls...
Hitman
Executive Member

#everythingforareason

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 08:38:24 PM »

Roll Eyes

Donaire was the one who didn't sign the contract, not Darchinyan. Compare the two fighters respective resumes since their first bout and you'll see who needs to grow a set of balls...

Nonito has called out Darchinyan for months

And dont start on Donaire's resume, not only has he been masively unlucky with opponent pull outs with guys like Mijares and Gerson Guerrero. Arum even signed the Montiel fight and it was put in as the main undercard fight on the Cotto Vs Margarito PPV, yet Montiel changed his mind and headed to 118

The Japanese champs and Narvaez would not sign for a unification fight despite Donaire openly calling them out

So comparing resumes is pointless unless you know the history  Wink

Hitman
Executive Member

#everythingforareason

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 08:44:29 PM »

The eagerly awaited rematch between WBA super flyweight interim champion Nonito “The Filipino Flash” Donaire and WBC/WBA champion Vic Darchinyan is off.

Donaire and his wife Rachael along with manager Cameron Dunkin met with Top Rank president Todd duBeof in Las Vegas Tuesday after which Donaire’s wife informed us that Top Rank claimed that Darchinyan himself “didn’t want anything to do with Nonito.”

Asked whether the negotiations with Darchinyan’s promoter Gary Shaw fell through over money, she indicated she really didn't know. Shaw told us some weeks ago he had reached an agreement with Top Rank promoter Bob Arum and was waiting for a response from the Darchinyan camp later but later on turned around and told us that he was not happy with the deal covering the international television rights particularly since the fight was to be telecast in the Philippines. Under a two year deal with Top Rank, the giant broadcast network ABS-CBN would telecast the fight.

The Donaire’s were stuck for three hours at the Las Vegas airport while waiting for their return flight to San Francisco and even their mobile phones were down forcing her to communicate with us through Yahoo Messenger.

She revealed that the “plan” of Top Rank was for Nonito to have a tune-up fight in July on the undercard of a Yuriorkis Gamboa fight in Las Vegas after which they would line up a title fight against newly crowned WBC champion Fernando “Cochulito” Montiel who is also the reigning WBO champion. Montiel who won the WBC belt with a stunning 4th round, last second TKO over highly fancied Japanese Hozumi Hasegawa in Tokyo last Friday had said in a post-fight interview that after a rest he wanted to fight Donaire and Darchinyan which provides a window of opportunity for Donaire who has always wanted to fight the best, including Montiel.

Rachael Donaire said Nonito “didn’t feel well and he was just sick to the stomach to hear that the Darchinyan fight fell through.” She said that based on what they were told by Top Rank “now Darchinyan really will look like a coward.”

Donaire who is ranked No. 4 in the latest Ring Magazine pound-for-pound rankings “wants a clear belt at 115 pounds” with Rachael Donaire indicating that is what she told duBeof. The Donaires admitted they were upset when duBeof “kept talking fights with this or that person” and told him “he doesn’t apparently know Nonito.”

She pointed out that “the belts are important to Nonito. It's his dream.” In fact before his last fight against Manuel Vargas at the Las Vegas Hilton on February 13, Donaire told us that he has a blueprint for the future which is to follow the path carved out by pound-for-pound king Manny Pacquiao and to win titles all the way up to junior lightweight where the late Gabriel “Flash” Elorde reigned as world champion for almost seven-and-a-half years.

She lamented the fact that Darchinyan had the belts and that they need to find an opponent who HBO will buy to have fans watch, pointing out that WBO champion Jorge Arce “won’t fight” Donaire leaving only IBF super flyweight champion Simphiwe Nongqayi who won the title beating Arce handily in Mexico last September.

Our efforts to contact promoter Gary Shaw who is always most accommodating to find out what was going on unfortunately failed although we were able to leave a call back number.

http://philboxing.com/news/story-38512.html

Haynesey

'Can that man fight.' Larry Merchant

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 08:55:26 PM »

Nonito has called out Darchinyan for months

And dont start on Donaire's resume, not only has he been masively unlucky with opponent pull outs with guys like Mijares and Gerson Guerrero. Arum even signed the Montiel fight and it was put in as the main undercard fight on the Cotto Vs Margarito PPV, yet Montiel changed his mind and headed to 118

The Japanese champs and Narvaez would not sign for a unification fight despite Donaire openly calling them out

So comparing resumes is pointless unless you know the history  Wink

I'm sure the reasoning is correct, however, my point remains: Darchinyan has repeatedly backed up his mouth, where as Donaire has done nothing in recent years. And he pulled out of this one. Why, out of the two, is Darchinyan the one who needs to grow some balls? Grin
dallykint
Executive Member

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2010, 08:08:13 AM »

I assume, now is the way free for Munoz vs. Darchinyan, to clear up who is the best current Super-Flyweight.

He'll probably move up to bantamweight.He said that if he didn't get the Donaire fight that the Guerrero fight would be his last at 115.
Gul Dukat
Executive Member

I'm only one the number 1!

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2010, 03:39:38 PM »

He'll probably move up to bantamweight.He said that if he didn't get the Donaire fight that the Guerrero fight would be his last at 115.

The they possibly can fight there (but he said it already after his win over Arce). Although Guerrero is another unworthy opponent in my opinion.

Des Glückes Glanz erklingt und scheint auf mich hernieder. Führt mich zu sich empor, jetzt klingen tausend Lieder.
Romanopapa

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2010, 10:28:48 PM »

This makes more sense.

The Bull chickens out: Donaire left in disgust as Darchinyan backs out of much anticipated rematch

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-10947-Filipino-Sports-Examiner~y2010m5d6-The-Bull-chickens-out-Donaire-left-in-disgust-as-Darchinyan-backs-out-of-much-anticipated-rematch

Vic Darchinyan didn't even need his rematch clause against Nonito Donaire Jr. but he definitely could've used it any time since being 'Youtubed' by Donaire in what was BWAA's 2007 'Knockout of the Year'.

Being the champion when Donaire embarrassed him, Darchinyan could've exercised his right to get his belts back. Donaire after all at the time was under the same promotional umbrella he was in. But for some odd reason, Team Darchinyan and his promotional team avoided the much anticipated rematch that Donaire was, from day one, ready to grant him.

Instead, Darchinyan opted to do his fighting outside the ring throwing hay-makers at Donaire which otherwise could not connect in the ring when they first fought. Darchinyan has repeatedly called Donaire names like 'The Filipino Fraud' and claimed that Donaire's win was simply due to a lucky punch and that he did not get hurt by Donaire. Last time I checked, Nonito was probably on a hot streak because that punch, the left hook, landed all night.

Donaire in return had answered by demanding a rematch and vowed to knock Darchinyan out again and even went as far as calling Darhinyan his 'dog'. As recently as last week when Fernando Montiel defeated Hozumi Hasegawa in Japan, in an interview, I asked Donaire whether Montiel was somebody he wanted to fight next. Donaire responded by saying he had always wanted to fight Montiel and is open to move up to 118 and fight the Mexican bantamweight champion, but only after he fights Vic Darchinyan in August.

A couple of days ago, Donaire flew to Las Vegas expecting that a deal was finally done for him to face Darchinyan in the ring once again. In a bizarre twist, Top Rank president Todd duBeof met with Donaire to tell him that Vic Darchinyan had backed out from the negotiations and 'did not want anything to do with Nonito".

"I'm very disappointed. We wanted to make this fight happen. Like I'm saying, I'm getting paid less (than Darchinyan) for this fight. I don't have my TV rights. He has Armenia and Australia TV rights and whatever else they have negotiated were at an advantage over me and yet they are not willing to take the fight, so for me, I came all the way to Vegas, expecting good news, and I get slapped in the face because of this and I'm just disappointed," Donaire told me when I interviewed him today regarding this issue.

Donaire also added, "As much as I am behind it, the people are the ones being let down because they really want to see this fight too so you know.. I just want to thanks everyone out there who support me,"
Indeed, this is a match up fans want to see. There's bad blood between these two fighters. Darchinyan on his part responded saying that Donaire is terrified of him and is moving on to fight other people. In article published by Sportsnut.com.au of Australia, Darchinyan was quoted saying, "I want to be a four or five division titlist, not wasting time for Princess Nonito to figure out if he wants to fight,''
and added, "Nonito knows what will happen if we fight. I will knock him out. It's probably a smart move not to fight someone who will wreck your career. He'll be found out soon. He'll continue to live up to his nickname of 'The Fraud.' I don't understand why you can't sign a piece of paper and fax it back. He has been fighting bums. He isn't fighting on network TV, so he can't be making money. ''

Donaire still wants the fight to happen, but with Darchiyan officially backing out of the negotiations, he is intent challenging Fernando Montiel who in my opinion is a better match-up and has more to offer Donaire in terms of prestige and accomplishment than a fighter like Darchinyan whom he had already beaten convincingly. If anything, it should be Darchiyan begging to fight Donaire to redeem himself not the one backing out of it unless he is simply worried about his physical welfare.

maguire

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2010, 12:37:08 AM »

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/darchinyan-donaire-2-is-off-44928#more-44928

Darchinyan-Donaire 2 is off

By Ray Wheatley — World of Boxing

Elias Nassar, manager of WBC/WBA super flyweight champion Vic Darchinyan (34-2-1, 27 KOs), has contacted Fightnews to advise that negotiations for rematch with Nonito Donaire have collapsed. Nassar said the Donaire camp have failed to sign the contract after six weeks and they are now back to square one. Vic Darchinyan also stated he is disappointed in Nonito Donaire’s failure to sign the contract. “We signed the deal two days into talks,” said Nassar. “We were there waiting for Donaire to make up his mind on what he wanted to do. It’s easy to point the finger at who didn’t want the fight. It’s the party who doesn’t sign a contract.”

He continued, “This rematch has taken six weeks to travel nowhere. We made contact with Donaire’s camp when initial talks began to made sure we didn’t waste time in negotiations and now six weeks later we are back to square one. Donaire was shooting his mouth off how his punch wasnt lucky the first time round. We signed the contract after two days into negotiations. We have been made to wait for no apparent reason whatsoever. Vic Darchinyan’s last six fights including, Christian Mijares, Joseph Agbeko, Jorge Arce, Z Gorres and Dimitry Kirilov have taken collectively two weeks in total to finalize and put to bed.

“We have fought the best of best thanks to Gary Shaw. Vic Darchinyan is not fighting junior flyweights like Nonito Donaire to make a name for himself. We fight the best and we will continue to fight the best. These types of situations are why MMA continues to make rapid ground on boxing because they are made to fight each other, sometimes in boxing it’s just wishful thinking. We apologize to our fans, the Showtime Network and our promoter Gary Shaw for wasting their time in trying to negotiate with a fighter that only talks about fighting the best, but delivers the very exact opposite.”

Vic Darchinyan also voiced his disappointment. “I dont know what to say,” he commented. “My whole career I have never experienced what has taken place. I phoned Gary Shaw every day for the last few weeks asking if we had a signed contract. It’s very disappointing.

“I’m the unified champion. I shouldn’t be waiting for Donaire. He thinks I’m waiting six weeks for him to make up his mind. I want to be a four or five division titlist, not wasting time for Princess Nonito to figure out if he wants to fight.

“Nonito knows what will happen if we fight. I will knock him out. It’s probably a smart move not to fight someone who will wreck your career. He’ll be found out soon. He’ll continue to live up to his nickname of ‘The Fraud.’ I don’t understand why you can’t sign a piece of paper and fax it back. He has been fighting bums. He isn’t fighting on network TV, so he can’t be making money. It’s very frustrating. At least you will be known as the fighter who didn’t know if he wanted to fight.”

Darchinyan will clash with Richard Garcia (21-10-1, 5 KOs) on May 20 at the Parramatta Leagues Club in Sydney, NSW, Australia. He defended the WBC/WBA titles successfully when he outpointed Mexico’s Rodrigo Guerrero over twelve rounds on March 6.

wow after all the BS talk. who was he fighting?

cogito ergo, sum
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: