LiveFight
January 23, 2018, 10:05:49 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Khan: If I Fight Maidana, Bradley-Alexander Need To Fight  (Read 10495 times)
Socrates
V.I.P
Executive Member

Happy Valenbirthiversary

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2010, 09:47:14 PM »

what he is saying is he won't fight Maidana unless Bradley and Alexander square off against each other. 

could somebody please point me to where he has said that?

Yes the guy is thick. Yes the guy speaks before engaging brain. But by Christ, he doesn't get the benefit of doubt and people read what they think he's said rather than what he's actually said.

If you love something set it free. Unless it's a tiger.
LiveFight
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2010, 09:47:14 PM »

GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2010, 10:46:06 PM »

I agree that Khan is a complete PR disaster...he has no right to dictate to Bradley and Alexander as to whom they must fight...it is IMPERATIVE that he focuses on his OWN career rather than handing out unsolicited advice to these other two talented fighters who have probably fought at a higher calibre than him (certainly in the case of Bradley)...

Nonetheless, when you put that issue to the side, I believe that Khan should be commended for clearly expressing his ambition to face Maidana, and then go on to face either Bradley or Alexander...people criticised him for saying that he didn't want any part of Maidana; well, now he's made it clear that he wants him next, so he'll be proving his critics wrong on that one if he does indeed go ahead with this fight...plus, it does make sense for him to hold this fight in the UK...

Moreover, this may have been in the works behind the scenes tentatively in any case, given the fact that Maidana pulled out of fighting Bradley with the good ol' 'back' injury citation...
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2010, 10:54:38 PM »

He's a real Kostya Tyszu..... NOT.

Che Guevara
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2010, 11:07:02 PM »

I agree that Khan is a complete PR disaster...he has no right to dictate to Bradley and Alexander as to whom they must fight...it is IMPERATIVE that he focuses on his OWN career rather than handing out unsolicited advice to these other two talented fighters who have probably fought at a higher calibre than him (certainly in the case of Bradley)...

Nonetheless, when you put that issue to the side, I believe that Khan should be commended for clearly expressing his ambition to face Maidana, and then go on to face either Bradley or Alexander...people criticised him for saying that he didn't want any part of Maidana; well, now he's made it clear that he wants him next, so he'll be proving his critics wrong on that one if he does indeed go ahead with this fight...plus, it does make sense for him to hold this fight in the UK...

Moreover, this may have been in the works behind the scenes tentatively in any case, given the fact that Maidana pulled out of fighting Bradley with the good ol' 'back' injury citation...

its a sad day when ppl feel you should congratulate lads for being willing to fight their mandatories...... what has this sport come to at all  Roll Eyes
angel
Executive Member

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2010, 11:20:21 PM »

I am getting a bit sick of Khan still being bashed, if he ends up with all the belts in the division he will probably still get trashed by armchair boxing fans who have never even put on a glove. Yes a little rant attack, oh well I feel like it. He got stick for fighting Malinaggi, did Hatton? Amir is still only 23, he has to fight bigger hitters now. He knows it and I believe he will.

LiveFight
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2010, 11:20:21 PM »

sturtyboy81

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2010, 12:30:39 AM »

This looks to me like Khan is using Bradley and Alexander. I'm not sure he want's to fight Maidana and could use an excuse like well Bradley and Alexander didn't fight each other so why should I fight Maidana.
Keegan Jacobs
The Truth
Executive Member

The Truth

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2010, 04:01:22 AM »

could somebody please point me to where he has said that?

Yes the guy is thick. Yes the guy speaks before engaging brain. But by Christ, he doesn't get the benefit of doubt and people read what they think he's said rather than what he's actually said.

hi socrates ,

Amir khan and paulie malignaggi Big Fight
   look at 3:45 mark

Khan said it to the reporter right after he beat Paulie inside the ring . If i can get the video  , i will post it . This might shock people but i truly dont feel Khan is scared of any of these top fighters but does want the easy way to the top .

I like his skills but i dont think he's ready for alexander, or bradley just yet. I would like to see what he does against maidana .
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 04:05:13 AM by keegan » Logged

GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2010, 06:48:28 AM »

its a sad day when ppl feel you should congratulate lads for being willing to fight their mandatories...... what has this sport come to at all  Roll Eyes

When the current context is taken out of the equation (i.e. when it is simply boiled down to title holder vs mandatory challenger), I empathise with your view...

However Che, I'm looking at it within the context in which Khan is currently being judged i.e. that he is ducking hard-hitting fighters etc...hence, I believe that the boy deserves credit for coming out and explicitly placing himself onto the path that contravenes the views of his critics...

I commend anyone who defies their critics, and Khan will be no exception if he takes this fight next...
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2010, 06:57:29 AM »

Yet more garbage and wrong interpretation from a Khan qoute on this forum.
All he is saying is he wants to fight the best of the best what's wrong with that? No matter what Khan does he will get slagged from some on here. Khan will clean up at LWW and then move up, really cant see why he gets criticised for this.
If he beats Maidana he would have beaten a 'club fighter slugger',
he beats Bradely and Alexander he beats 'an overhypyped fighter'.

Instead of creating more posts that have no substance regarding Khan, can all the usual suapects just post: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO on every Khan thread, its easier and amounts to the same.
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2010, 07:12:20 AM »

Timothy Bradley has responded to Amir Khan's claim that Bradley must fight Alexander (interview on Boxingtalk):

GL: Khan said he's in, Alexander says he's signs off on the tournament, do you sign off on it as well? Khan also suggested, during his post fight interview, that you and Devon fight, he fights Maidana or Marquez and the winners fight each other.

Timothy Bradley:
"I'm willing to do that as well, but Khan needs to go ahead and stop running his mouth. I have a promoter and a manager and they can do their job for me. I have the last say so anyway. He needs to stop running his mouth about I need to fight Devon. He's saying that because he wants to knock off one of the two best so he knows he could be in the finals and he knows he could beat Marcos Maidana. Khan knows that me or Devon knock him off easy, so he's trying to eliminate one of us instead of wanting to fight us both. Naw, that's not how it's going to go boss. You're not running nothing at all. You already got an L on your record, so you need to sit down and shut up, stop trying to be a promoter and focus on your career."

Full interview available via:

http://boxingtalk.com/pag/article.php?aid=19938
Harvey
Executive Member

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2010, 07:42:29 AM »

All he is saying is he wants to fight the best of the best what's wrong with that? No matter what Khan does he will get slagged from some on here. Khan will clean up at LWW and then move up, really cant see why he gets criticised for this.

Instead of creating more posts that have no substance regarding Khan, can all the usual suapects just post: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO on every Khan thread, its easier and amounts to the same.

Grin I tend to concur.

All he has done has suggested a semi final line up to prove who is the best in the division.

However, I think Kastidis should also be in that line up and if you include Marquez we could have another super six  Smiley

« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 07:44:18 AM by Harvey » Logged
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2010, 08:12:23 AM »

I heard a Khan interview on talksport this morning and the only name mentioaned was Maidana. He said hed pushed for it with Golden Boy and they were happy with it, no mention of Bradley/Alexander or anyone else. I think hes being bashed a bit here for no good reason, hes still only 23 years old and to some extent still needs to pick the right fights for his development. At this stage of his career hes fought better oppenents than Hatton had by a long way. My view is that he beats Maidana and Bradley without losing more than 5 rounds in total, Alexander might prove a bit more difficult, but it could be that he wipes out the whole 140lb division before his 25th birthday which is some feat by anyones standards. Marquez is the real acid test and Khan at this stage isnt ready to fight him but the experience he'll gain from fighting the other 3 will have him ready as he'll ever be.
RAZZ-MCFC
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2010, 10:15:55 AM »

no if he beats Alexander and Bradley then he WILL get the credit he deserves, me bashing Khan has nothing to do with his talent whatsoever because he's got that, i just don't like the guy, he's a dick, end of

Timothy Bradley has responded to Amir Khan's claim that Bradley must fight Alexander (interview on Boxingtalk):

GL: Khan said he's in, Alexander says he's signs off on the tournament, do you sign off on it as well? Khan also suggested, during his post fight interview, that you and Devon fight, he fights Maidana or Marquez and the winners fight each other.

Timothy Bradley:
"I'm willing to do that as well, but Khan needs to go ahead and stop running his mouth. I have a promoter and a manager and they can do their job for me. I have the last say so anyway. He needs to stop running his mouth about I need to fight Devon. He's saying that because he wants to knock off one of the two best so he knows he could be in the finals and he knows he could beat Marcos Maidana. Khan knows that me or Devon knock him off easy, so he's trying to eliminate one of us instead of wanting to fight us both. Naw, that's not how it's going to go boss. You're not running nothing at all. You already got an L on your record, so you need to sit down and shut up, stop trying to be a promoter and focus on your career."

that's a great interview mate IQ

Bradley is 100% right, if he wants to be the best he should beat the best, that includes both Bradley and Alexander

at least somebody of note has actually now told him to shut his mouth
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2010, 10:33:26 AM »

I heard a Khan interview on talksport this morning and the only name mentioaned was Maidana. He said hed pushed for it with Golden Boy and they were happy with it, no mention of Bradley/Alexander or anyone else. I think hes being bashed a bit here for no good reason, hes still only 23 years old and to some extent still needs to pick the right fights for his development. At this stage of his career hes fought better oppenents than Hatton had by a long way. My view is that he beats Maidana and Bradley without losing more than 5 rounds in total, Alexander might prove a bit more difficult, but it could be that he wipes out the whole 140lb division before his 25th birthday which is some feat by anyones standards. Marquez is the real acid test and Khan at this stage isnt ready to fight him but the experience he'll gain from fighting the other 3 will have him ready as he'll ever be.
If he beats those 3 Marquez will be a long way past it in my opinion.
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2010, 10:42:29 AM »

Timothy Bradley:

Great find and IQ. the most sensible thing I have heard and the truth.

A Slice of Life
LiveFight

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: