LiveFight
October 21, 2017, 03:03:52 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: W***** wins EBU purse bid  (Read 4550 times)
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2010, 03:56:38 PM »

dont forget mate macklin has not been 12 rounds so his fitness hasent been put to the test and he tried badly vs jamie moore, still think he will win this fight by ko
He's been 10 rounds on a few occasions and won but shut out in some. He can be very inconsistant though at times.
LiveFight
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2010, 03:56:38 PM »

Tomatron
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2010, 08:24:56 PM »

He's been 10 rounds on a few occasions and won but shut out in some. He can be very inconsistant though at times.

Still doesnt reak of a fighter with lots of stamina in fairness.

The fighters hes been 10 rounds havnt been up to much in fairness, just ticking over fights really.

But Barkers only been the 12 rounds twice i think, and was struggling last time out.

I think the struggle for Barker, is pacing the fight right, because last time out against Belghchem he went with the wrong tactics and was trying to out hustle him to much to early, and ended up gassing out.

Before the fight i have never seen Barker looking so nervous before a fight, it may have been because it was for the euro belt, but it was highly dissappointing becauses hes looked so smooth before that.
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2010, 08:48:57 PM »

Still doesnt reak of a fighter with lots of stamina in fairness.

The fighters hes been 10 rounds havnt been up to much in fairness, just ticking over fights really.

But Barkers only been the 12 rounds twice i think, and was struggling last time out.

I think the struggle for Barker, is pacing the fight right, because last time out against Belghchem he went with the wrong tactics and was trying to out hustle him to much to early, and ended up gassing out.

Before the fight i have never seen Barker looking so nervous before a fight, it may have been because it was for the euro belt, but it was highly dissappointing becauses hes looked so smooth before that.

He got knocked out in the 10th round of a very hard war with Jaime Moore mate. That was non stop action. If Matthew is not carrying an injury then I see no problem with him going 12 rounds. I don't think he's world level but he'd have no problem with 12 rounds stamina wise.

Barker is hardly likely to be less nervous against Macklin than Belgecham either.
Tomatron
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2010, 09:37:48 AM »

He got knocked out in the 10th round of a very hard war with Jaime Moore mate. That was non stop action. If Matthew is not carrying an injury then I see no problem with him going 12 rounds. I don't think he's world level but he'd have no problem with 12 rounds stamina wise.

Barker is hardly likely to be less nervous against Macklin than Belgecham either.

I think it was the pressure of the title not the opponent, which made him nervous that fight. I think he will be less nervous against Macklin, as Belgecham was a potential bannana skin.

I think he will look much better against Macklin regardless of the result.

cyf1

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2010, 10:08:09 AM »

Spoke to a friend whos close to barker reckons this fight aint happening for one reason or another. If the purse bids have gone out does this mean the fight will have to 100% happen?
LiveFight
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2010, 10:08:09 AM »

Alba
Executive Member

"For what is a man,What has he got ?"

@Albagary
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2010, 10:38:56 AM »

Spoke to a friend whos close to barker reckons this fight aint happening for one reason or another. If the purse bids have gone out does this mean the fight will have to 100% happen?

no it dosent ,but if barker cant/or dosent want to fight (assuming its him)  he could have saved everyone's time by announcing it before the purse bids were announced.
CelticHiggo
V.I.P
Executive Member

"Its never too late to be what you might have been

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2010, 07:51:21 AM »

The IBF has warned Matthew Macklin that he could ruin his world title chances if he goes ahead with his European title fight with Darren Barker.

The world governing body revealed that the Irish middleweight has agreed to participate in a world title eliminator against Giovanni Lorenzo.

Emerge victorious from that bout and Macklin will become number one contender for Sebastian Sylvester’s IBF middleweight strap and subsequently get the world title shot he has actively pursuing for the last eight months. However, upon hearing, last Friday, that the Birmingham born fighter was set to fight Barker for the European title, the IBF are considering withdrawing their offer.

Frank W***** won the purse bids to stage the exciting European clash and is all set to name a date and venue for the fight. It was hoped that Macklin could regain the continental strap he vacated earlier this year before pursuing the world route, but IBF have revealed their rules don’t permit that.

Thus, if Macklin wants the opportunity to become mandatory for the IBF world middleweight title he will have to pull out of the fight with Barker.

“Both Giovanni Lorenzo and Mathew Macklin have agreed to participate in an IBF eliminator for the number middleweight position. But now we have a problem. If Macklin is planning to fight for the EBU Title, under IBF Rules he is considered unavailable,” IBF spokesperson Lindsey Tucker told the Irish Mirror.

“Macklin can't fight for the EBU Title and come back later and fight the IBF Eliminator. We just found out last Friday (after Macklin's camp agreed to fight in the IBF Eliminator) that Macklin's camp went to the purse bid and bid on the EBU Title fight. Had I known that Macklin was the mandatory challenger for the EBU and planned to participate in a purse bid for that fight, the IBF would not have sent Macklin a letter asking him to participate in the IBF eliminator.”

"Never argue with an idiot.They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience".
Paddsta
V.I.P
Executive Member

'Illigitimus Carborundum' my friends...

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2010, 10:31:33 AM »

Maybe why Peters bid was so far off the mark

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines
CelticHiggo
V.I.P
Executive Member

"Its never too late to be what you might have been

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2010, 10:58:18 AM »

If Macklin goes for the IBF eliminator get Andy Lee to step in and take the European title fight.

"Never argue with an idiot.They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience".
Tomatron
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2010, 12:04:56 PM »

Macklin will never fight Barker, in my oppinion.

Andy Lee might be a good option, might be a good fight considering Lee been calling Barker out for a bit.

Barkers going to be in some good fights.
LiveFight

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: