LiveFight
October 19, 2017, 07:18:32 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Burns blasts Martinez  (Read 1254 times)
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« on: July 09, 2010, 03:19:53 PM »

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/burns-blasts-martinez-52313#more-52313

Burns blasts Martinez

Raging super featherweight title challenger Ricky Burns has ripped into WBO champion Roman Martinez after the heavy-handed Puerto Rican champion claimed he would need to get the stoppage in order to avoid a home town decision on September 4 at Glasgow’s Kelvin Hall. Burns says he will not be humiliated in front of Scotland’s passionate fight fans. “I read what Martinez said and it has made me more determined to beat him,” stormed Burns.

“I fancy my chances in stopping him because I’m punching harder now than I ever have done before. You want to see some of my sparring partners after I have been 12 rounds with them. But if I beat Martinez on points it will be because I deserve the victory, not because the judges are biased.

“Martinez is a dangerous puncher but I am the better boxer and everyone will see that in September. I’ll run rings around him and get the result that I deserve.

“I think he’s just trying to get his excuses in early because he knows that there is no way he is taking that belt back to Puerto Rico. He found a lucky punch to beat Nicky Cook when he was being out-boxed, but he won’t get lucky against me.”
LiveFight
« on: July 09, 2010, 03:19:53 PM »

Every Cloud
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 03:49:53 PM »

Say good night now  Cheesy
Tomatron
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 04:20:49 PM »

I agree Cook was winning the fight fairly comfortably, as long as it lasted. But thats about all i agree with
Alba
Executive Member

"For what is a man,What has he got ?"

@Albagary
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 06:40:32 PM »

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/burns-blasts-martinez-52313#more-52313

Burns blasts Martinez

Raging super featherweight title challenger Ricky Burns has ripped into WBO champion Roman Martinez after the heavy-handed Puerto Rican champion claimed he would need to get the stoppage in order to avoid a home town decision on September 4 at Glasgow’s Kelvin Hall. Burns says he will not be humiliated in front of Scotland’s passionate fight fans. “I read what Martinez said and it has made me more determined to beat him,” stormed Burns.

“I fancy my chances in stopping him because I’m punching harder now than I ever have done before. You want to see some of my sparring partners after I have been 12 rounds with them. But if I beat Martinez on points it will be because I deserve the victory, not because the judges are biased.

“Martinez is a dangerous puncher but I am the better boxer and everyone will see that in September. I’ll run rings around him and get the result that I deserve.

“I think he’s just trying to get his excuses in early because he knows that there is no way he is taking that belt back to Puerto Rico. He found a lucky punch to beat Nicky Cook when he was being out-boxed, but he won’t get lucky against me.”

im looking forward to this fight,hopefully Ricky can do the buisnees.i know the atmosphere will be electric .
luckyphil

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 08:35:56 PM »

Ricky has a chance. He has a decent chin and is fairly durable and he can box. There is no way Ricky will win by KO/TKO however if it goes to points we have had a few decisions in Scotland that have favoured the home fighter. You have still got to fancy Martinez to do it though as Ricky dosn't punch hard enough and he might struggle to keep him off in a similar way to the way Carl Johanssen won against Burns.
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 08:35:56 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: