LiveFight
January 17, 2018, 08:11:48 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brandon Rios vs Danny Garcia  (Read 492 times)
ChicagoFightFan

« on: December 28, 2017, 05:59:19 AM »

Donít think we will see the best form of either fighter, but all the makings for a great fight in February. Have to favor Garcia, but Rios will make it interesting.
LiveFight
« on: December 28, 2017, 05:59:19 AM »

wbamitch

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 02:00:30 PM »

Intrigued to see the return of Garcia and Khan of course as well, maybe we get this rematch down the line. I do wonder about Garciaís motivation with what would have been around a year lay off and he does have quite the lavish lifestyle out the ring. If heís on form he should pepper Rios and get his name back in the mix at Welterweight, some big fights for him to be involved in, as Iíve said hopefully he is ready for that.  I feel like Spence is the guy in the division who wants to go through everyone whereas Thurman seems a bit more cautious.
bigbibbs

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 08:41:41 PM »

Brandon rios really sorry to hear he's washed up finished.
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 11:15:33 AM »

Brandon rios really sorry to hear he's washed up finished.

He's basically getting punched for pay nowadays.

With that style I'm surprised he didn't quit not long after John Murray did.
ChicagoFightFan

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 12:01:33 AM »

He's basically getting punched for pay nowadays.

With that style I'm surprised he didn't quit not long after John Murray did.

I can understand your point. But, I thought the same about his most famous dance partner, Mike Alvarado. Went to see a Michael Conlon fight last year here in Chicago and Alvarado was on the card. Looked really impressive in a knockout against a decent opponent. Heís not fighting world beaters but he has won his last four fights and has looked similar to his prior form. Based on that and the most recent win from Rios, Iím hoping Brandon is capable of the same.

Alvarado and Rios were never world class, but they were very tough. Will never forget the Rios fight against Anthony Peterson. He essentially walked him down and wore him out. Made him panic and foul. Had he not, Rios was going to knock him out.

I think it will be an interesting fight against Garcia because Garcia does best on the outside. Great counter puncher and walks people into punches. Reminds me a bit of Peterson. I would like to see Rios apply the pressure of old and steal the distance that he needs to be effective. If he can do that, I donít see Garcia being able to fight his fight. I feel like it would be a great fight for Rios to go out on.

My worry is that he would win and throw his name in the ring with the top names in the division, which is among the most stacked in boxing. He would get eaten alive by Spence, Thurman, Porter, and probably Brooke. Wish their was a retirement clause attached to this fight.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 12:49:29 AM by ChicagoFightFan » Logged
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 12:01:33 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: