LiveFight
April 17, 2014, 06:41:39 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 10 best chins in history  (Read 19856 times)
johnny_b

« Reply #75 on: November 07, 2009, 07:06:04 PM »

Hopefully Valuev isn't a strong candidate after tonight!
LiveFight
« Reply #75 on: November 07, 2009, 07:06:04 PM »

Adilmaghani

« Reply #76 on: April 18, 2010, 08:37:51 AM »

Today's chins: arce, margarito, mccall. Of all time: hagler, basillo, lamotta, chuvalo to name a few.
infiltration

« Reply #77 on: April 19, 2010, 11:47:40 AM »

That's three times in 61 fights.How many other fighters can you list that have faced the level of puncher Ali has? Foreman,Shavers,Lyle,Frazier,Liston,Norton.

Ali was never knocked down by Doug Jones,he was knocked down by Henry Cooper and and he wasn't nearly stopped by the knockdown against Frazier either,he got up as quick as he went down.

I think a fighter ppl fail to mention when they look at Ali's opponents is Cleveland Williams, while Ali took him to school he was a powerful puncher who was well avoided during that period. Sadly for him he wasn't able to get remotely close to hitting Ali, but he was for sure a powerful fighter who should be included in the list of power punchers!
Leonidas
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #78 on: April 19, 2010, 02:35:50 PM »

It was good, but not the best: He was knocked down against Sonny Banks, Doug Jones and Joe Frazier (the last two nearly stopped him).

and don't forget Sir. Henry Cooper was the first to floor him.  Wink
morco

« Reply #79 on: May 22, 2010, 10:09:12 PM »

Just throwing a random out there but what about Tyson. Little man fighting much bigger guys all his career. Had great defence and was hard to hit as a young bloke but as he got older took some tremendous punishment and stood through most of it. Even Lewis had to push him over at the end because he refused to go down.

Nutter but a tough guy no doubt.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #80 on: May 25, 2010, 07:02:18 PM »

The Cobra.
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #81 on: May 25, 2010, 08:39:37 PM »

The Cobra.
Top 10 of all time? I wouldn't agree with that. It's good but not that good. Maybe in the top 10 now.
westbo
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2010, 10:10:34 PM »

yep would definately have froch up there with the best chins out of current fighters, only been down once in what was more of a flash knockdown than a heavy one.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2010, 10:59:48 PM »

Top 10 of all time? I wouldn't agree with that. It's good but not that good. Maybe in the top 10 now.

I would say its harder to have a great chin now compared to past fighters mainly because fights are shorter and boxers are more protected also the skill level is much higher and boxers have seen the results in the past of guys taking too many shots. Currently however I think Froch along with Kessler both stand out. I also think Pacquiao has taken some massive shots especially from Cotto and Clottey without even blinking.
Gul Dukat
Executive Member

I'm only one the number 1!

« Reply #84 on: May 28, 2010, 03:57:00 AM »

yep would definately have froch up there with the best chins out of current fighters, only been down once in what was more of a flash knockdown than a heavy one.

No way has he a better chin than Nikolay Valuev, Vitaly Klitschko, Sinan Samil Sam, Rodrigo Guerrero, Shane Mosley, Ismael Abdul or Cristobal Arreola.

Des Glückes Glanz erklingt und scheint auf mich hernieder. Führt mich zu sich empor, jetzt klingen tausend Lieder.
westbo
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #85 on: May 28, 2010, 03:23:47 PM »

No way has he a better chin than Nikolay Valuev, Vitaly Klitschko, Sinan Samil Sam, Rodrigo Guerrero, Shane Mosley, Ismael Abdul or Cristobal Arreola.

in your opinion of course, in my opinion his chin us up there with any of those you have listed.
Gul Dukat
Executive Member

« Reply #86 on: May 29, 2010, 12:06:56 AM »

in your opinion of course, in my opinion his chin us up there with any of those you have listed.

Valuev and Klischko were never wobbly (in opposite to Froch) but fought against very hard punchers, Guerrero went always forward although he took punches like La Motta in the last fight vs. Robinson, Abdul was never down and lost only on points against such opponents as Haye and Huck.

I think also Michael Simms, Victor Emilo Ramirez, Tomasz Adamek, Darroll Willson and Firat Arslan have a great chin.

Des Glückes Glanz erklingt und scheint auf mich hernieder. Führt mich zu sich empor, jetzt klingen tausend Lieder.
Leonidas
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #87 on: May 29, 2010, 05:40:16 AM »

Valuev and Klischko were never wobbly (in opposite to Froch) but fought against very hard punchers, Guerrero went always forward although he took punches like La Motta in the last fight vs. Robinson, Abdul was never down and lost only on points against such opponents as Haye and Huck.

I think also Michael Simms, Victor Emilo Ramirez, Tomasz Adamek, Darroll Willson and Firat Arslan have a great chin.

Value got wobbled in the 12th round against Haye.

Vitali has an iron chin through, but I read he was KO'd in kick boxing with a head kick.
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #88 on: May 29, 2010, 12:52:03 PM »

Value got wobbled in the 12th round against Haye.

Vitali has an iron chin through, but I read he was KO'd in kick boxing with a head kick.
Pele Reid if I remember rightly.
Gul Dukat
Executive Member

« Reply #89 on: May 29, 2010, 03:34:45 PM »

Yes who was it, but Klitschko was very young then and didn't had the size as now. Although he was world champion in kickboxing.

Valuev was off-balance in my opinion, because he stand bad.

LiveFight

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: