LiveFight
September 21, 2014, 10:03:35 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ufc 126  (Read 4916 times)
unknown
V.I.P
Executive Member

« on: January 08, 2011, 03:20:10 AM »

Just wanted to say to fellow live fight members, if you put $24 on anderson at -240 you can get $10 back, thats with betus.

I have a days wages on Anderson so I hope to see the fight and get a little bit of beer money.

This is going to be a really good interesting fight, Anderson is like some thing from films, he so good.

Has any one got any thing to say about ufc 126 post it.

LiveFight
« on: January 08, 2011, 03:20:10 AM »

AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 12:08:39 PM »

Nobody beats silva standing up, not a chance.

Team Groves
V.I.P
Executive Member

Team Sevens

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 08:43:12 PM »

That's a great card, can't wait to see Miguel Torres in the UFC
Tuco
Executive Member

'When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.' Tuco

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 04:01:25 PM »

Belfort is yesterdays man that has lost to most of the big names he has fought.  when is Silva going to get in there with an elite fighter??...there are plenty waiting for him at Light heavy.

UFC 126: Belfort Interview
UFC 126: Belfort Interview
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 04:10:21 PM by Tuco » Logged
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 12:35:53 PM »

Belfort is yesterdays man that has lost to most of the big names he has fought.  when is Silva going to get in there with an elite fighter??...there are plenty waiting for him at Light heavy.

Dan Henderson, Forrest Griffin, Rich Franklin twice, Chael Sonnen, Demain Mia, is a pretty good record by anyone's standard. Who do you want to see him face?

Team Groves
Tuco
Executive Member

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 01:12:25 PM »

Dan Henderson, Forrest Griffin, Rich Franklin twice, Chael Sonnen, Demain Mia, is a pretty good record by anyone's standard. Who do you want to see him face?

Henderson is solid but nothing special, Never rated Franklin, not elite for me, he got destroyed by Machida as well as Silva very easily. Griffin put in a pathetic and disgraceful performance and was a beaten man before the fight even started and in the end it illustrated the point that Griffin has over achieved in his career considering his average ability.
Chael Sonnen had lost almost half of his career MMA fights before fighting Silva. Look how well he did. Silva vs Demain Mia was a joke of a fight, embarrassing as well as damageing to the sport.

A part from dippng his toe in the water a few times, Silva has avoided the big boys at Lightheavy for years. After the Sonnen fight I can see why. It's not a well guarded secret that Silva was getting owned in training by Machida. Something I can very much believe. Anderson also got Ko'd in 2 rounds in a boxing match by an unknown. He is very beatable. But you can make a fighter look like a god with the right opposition in front of him.

I don't believe in myths and I see through the hype, He is fantastic but very human. Silva needs to move up to lightheavy (the strongest division in the ufc) and stop fighting the little men at middle who are nothing special. Belfort is a name but some what past his peak and damaged goods. You expect Silva to win this one with easy.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 01:26:07 PM by Tuco » Logged
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 05:04:15 PM »

I don't think he was hesitate the move up against anyone they offered him, but he does have a title at middleweight so i can see why he is not keen to just throw that away. Afterall its not like boxing where their is 4 or 5 belts.

Sonnen did expose anderson a little but their is strong rumours that Anderson had a pretty bad injury in that fight, so who knows what a rematch would be like.

Forrest did beat Shogun mate and look what Shogun went onto do, for some reason Machida has just lost anything that made him look special.
Yes he was bad against Anderson but given the war and some of the wins he has had, i don't agree he shamed the sport etc etc. He just had an off night against an outstanding fighter that could happen to anyone.

Maybe Anderson vs Shogun can be made after this fight, it would be huge but the chances are they are  mates and wont fight. I think Anderson would destroy a Rashaad Evans or Rampage Jackson, i give them no more than a punchers chance against him.

Team Groves
Tuco
Executive Member

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 08:12:03 PM »

Yeah I heard about the injuries as well, which might explain Sonnen doing so well. Alot of what Silva does is timing, athleticism and judgeing the distance. Those are his key advantages over other fighters. If he couldn't train properly then it would have effected him. But Sonnen did put Silva on his arse a couple of times with punches, which suprised me. There are a lot of quick, explosive fighters at lightyheavy. They hit alot harder.

I was kind of waiting for shoguns name to be thrown in there. Fighting an unprepared Shogun at 60% and in new surroundings don't give Griffin a whole lot of credibility in my opinion. A lame horse will never win the national. The Shogun that fought Griffin was nothing like the guy in Pride or the one that fought Machida. Not only was he not fit to fight, he was making his UFC debut with the added high pressure & expectation to perform. It was also the first time he fought in an Octagon. (he didn't even train in one). It took Shogun a couple of years before he felt comfortable fighting in his new surroundings. Shortly before the first Machida fight he admitted how important 'cage control' was and gaining mastery of it. Which might have something to do with crocop not doing very well in his transition from ring to gage.

Silva is capable of beating the guys at Lightheavy but some of those fights are more closer to call than any fight Silva can take at middle and they would make much bigger events. Big events are what keeps boxing and MMA (under the UFC) alive. Without them they die a slow death. I would like to see Silva step up. If he did the business there then it would take away any doubts I have about him. But he refuses to fight Machida, He destroys Rashad in my opinion.The back inform Rampage would be fun to watch but a peak Shogun is the strongest out of the lot. It's a shame Shogun keeps getting injured. The guys talent is off the scale.

I don't believe in judging a fighter by the names they have fought alone, because whilst a fighters resume and the history books might look impressive, it's not an accurate judgement call of what condition the level of opposition is. Mosley is a great name but by the time Floyd got to him and now Manny, he was & is another lame horse that is nowhere near the peak of his powers. Guys like Mayweather are opportunists with no heart, I wouldn't hit Anderson Silva with that same stick though. The guy comes across as abit of an odd ball if I being honest. The performance against Demain Mia was beyond weird, haha strange character. Undecided   Grin
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 08:18:13 PM by Tuco » Logged
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2011, 12:17:47 AM »

Good post Tuco.

I do feel than Anderson should step up and fight new guys and give himself more of a challenge, although like you the Sonnen knockdowns did stun me a little. They where not exactly huge punches, his arm was fully extended and they seemed more glancing blows.

I agree that on the whole, UFC fighters have ten times better attitude than most of todays boxers which is why it continues to do so well. When the UFC get their license for New York which is only a matter of time, the hole boxing is in now might be too much for it to climb out of. Unless attitudes change and fighters do care about proving themselves and not fighting for the biggest amount of money.

I really do hope Shogun destroys Rashaad, Evans is one guy i just can not take too at all and i just dont like him. Was gutted when he got the decision over rampage although not shocked. A mate of mine who knows guys in the wolfslair said Rampage was a lazy f**ker in camp for that fight and did just not want to train. Team Shogun all the way in his next fight.

Team Groves
Tuco
Executive Member

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2011, 07:37:30 PM »

I was unaware that the UFC didn't have a licence in New York, that would be an important city to try and break if they did get a licence. A big event, a great card, the hype that surrounds UFC shows, some great PR and the UFC could be massive with regular appearences. Really hit the mainstream hard. I fear for boxing, it needs to change with the times, unfortunately it needs a big overhaul from top to bottom. With so many governing bodies, it's going to be hard to see a change. I've noticed as well that over the last 5 years that the mentality of some top fighters and young up and comers (mainly the talented yanks)have started to change. I could be wrong about that but there does seem to be more bullshit in making top matchups than ever. It's no longer about fighting the best but more about money and self preservation. It's very frustrating being a boxing fan at the moment when fights aren't getting made, the amount of high profile bullshit is sickening, it's ruining he sport.

Silva vs Belfort preview.... (plus with undercard fights)  Jones vs Bader looks like a cracking fight as well.

Silva vs Belfort is definitely worth staying up for. Belfort has had an up and down career but one thing he does have is talent, so you never know, he could just bring it all together and put in a great performance and pose Silva some serious questions. (Despite what I said before about Belfort)

Silva's vunerable performance against Sonnen could have been a one off due to injury and lack of adequate preparations like you said Aaron. Or it's posible that sonnen found a blueprint on how to beat Silva much like Shogun did to the once untouchable and unique fighting style of Machida. I think Sonnen's performance owes alot to what Shogun did to Machida. I'm intrigued about this fight now. Belfort needs to put in a career best performance because at his best he is definitely no pushover.

UFC 126: Silva vs Belfort Preview
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 07:48:52 PM by Tuco » Logged
Tuco
Executive Member

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2011, 08:10:18 PM »

Here is a link for tonights UFC 126 - 'Fight for the Troops'  (clever marketing)

The more links the better as Ufc streams tend to be taken down. Should be a good night of fighting..

http://www.atdhe.net/30368/watch-ufc-fight-for-the-troops-2
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 08:12:26 PM by Tuco » Logged
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2011, 10:24:54 PM »

Thanks tuco, ill give that a try later and hope it works. Setting me alarm for 4 as am in work at 7.30, happy days Cheesy

Team Groves
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2011, 10:28:57 PM »

balls, i thought the anderson silva fight was tonight Sad not setting my alarm for this one am affraid.

Team Groves
Tuco
Executive Member

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2011, 12:23:15 AM »

balls, i thought the anderson silva fight was tonight Sad not setting my alarm for this one am affraid.

I thought it was toniight as well...  Undecided
I just checked the dates, it's on Sat, Feb 05. It's an early night for me as well Aaron.
Tuco
Executive Member

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2011, 01:18:02 AM »

It's now days away... Grin

UFC 126: The Main Event
LiveFight

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: