LiveFight
August 02, 2014, 04:29:44 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Poll
Question: Who wins and how?
Calzaghe UD - 44 (65.7%)
Calzaghe SD - 7 (10.4%)
Calzaghe T/KO - 0 (0%)
Ward UD - 12 (17.9%)
Ward SD - 3 (4.5%)
Ward T/KO - 0 (0%)
Draw - 1 (1.5%)
Total Voters: 67

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Calzaghe V Super Six winner.  (Read 5787 times)
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #90 on: December 20, 2011, 06:57:58 PM »

Its brilliant to see all these posters on various forums saying how amazing Ward now is when the other week Froch was going to dominate him. Theyre a fickle bunch.

Not sure, but I think the trend round here is that Froch needed a stoppage or forget it.

LiveFight
« Reply #90 on: December 20, 2011, 06:57:58 PM »

Stef

« Reply #91 on: December 20, 2011, 07:14:00 PM »

Its not fickle, we backed our fighter..thats what we do, i spent alot of money following Carl and its been worth every penny. When a guy puts on a show like Ward did than all you can do is take youre hat off. I had many debates with Pascal, Taylor, Dirrell, Kessler, AA and Johnson fans and all of them backed there fighter and a majority of them were rooting for Carl to beat Ward because they saw just how good Carl was when he beat there fighter...Carl even gained Danish fans when he lost to Kessler.

Am I a Ward fan now? no but I see him as the best at super middleweight because boring or not the guy knows how to win.

Ward was allowed to put on a show due to Froch being so one dimensional. He had no plan b. At no point in the fight did he try anything different. Just plodded forward with his hands down swinging wildly. Like Ward said after the fight he couldnt believe how slow Froch was. He was able to catch him at will. Froch is a limited fighter with big balls.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #92 on: December 20, 2011, 07:27:55 PM »

Ward was allowed to put on a show due to Froch being so one dimensional. He had no plan b. At no point in the fight did he try anything different. Just plodded forward with his hands down swinging wildly. Like Ward said after the fight he couldnt believe how slow Froch was. He was able to catch him at will. Froch is a limited fighter with big balls.

Cant deny that but Ward has done the same infact he won much more convincingly against Kessler and AA.....both these guys were tournament favourites at one time. The only fighters style that I see troubleing Ward is Dirrell tbh and Carl beat him. Carl actually had Ward in trouble for the last 2 rounds also...something no other super six fighter has done.
BoxingRugbyFan

« Reply #93 on: December 20, 2011, 07:32:17 PM »

Cant deny that but Ward has done the same infact he won much more convincingly against Kessler and AA.....both these guys were tournament favourites at one time. The only fighters style that I see troubleing Ward is Dirrell tbh and Carl beat him. Carl actually had Ward in trouble for the last 2 rounds also...something no other super six fighter has done.
\

Would you really go as far as say Ward was in trouble? I think he just new he was winning, not at one point did I think Carl would stop him.
Stef

« Reply #94 on: December 20, 2011, 07:36:59 PM »

\

Would you really go as far as say Ward was in trouble? I think he just new he was winning, not at one point did I think Carl would stop him.

Thats the impression i got also. He was coasting. Knew he had the W in the bag so didnt want to get involved. Even when Ward was tired i cant remember Froch landing cleanly.
Aaron
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #95 on: December 20, 2011, 07:37:21 PM »

What did you expect him to do? Stand off and outbox the faster more accurate guy? For some reason Carl actually tried to do that early on and he was chasing shadows, when he forced the fight more and just accepted taking one he actually was able to get at Ward on a few occasions. I don't think he expected to be getting pushed back off Ward when they did get up close though and that pretty much killed his chances of being able to dominate on the inside, also Ward was clever to tie Carl up.

The whole time Carl tried to box at range Ward would see everything coming and take half a step back allowing Carl to miss and open to be hit. Had he been more aggressive from the off he would no doubt of still lost, but he could of tired Ward out faster and maybe had 4 instead of 2 rounds which Ward was just looking to hold on for.

Ward will probably think most guys are slow due to him being so quick.

Team Groves
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #96 on: December 20, 2011, 07:39:45 PM »

\

Carl was to tired to stop Ward by than but Ward spent alot of the last two rounds running and holding after taking a couple of shots from Carl, it doesnt mean much but Ward was struggling and thats something he didnt do in the tournament at all up to than.
Aaron
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #97 on: December 20, 2011, 07:44:27 PM »

Carl was to tired to stop Ward by than but Ward spent alot of the last two rounds running and holding after taking a couple of shots from Carl, it doesnt mean much but Ward was struggling and thats something he didnt do in the tournament at all up to than.

I think Carl appeared tired around the half way mark which was why I had fears of Ward stopping him, it was not the power of the shots as for the most part Carl did not seem to affected. I just had visions of Ward catching him on the ropes with a flurry though and the ref stepping in just because of Carl body language looking pretty spent, as it turns out he still had a fair bit in to go for it like he did late on.

Team Groves
Stef

« Reply #98 on: December 20, 2011, 07:50:53 PM »

What did you expect him to do? Stand off and outbox the faster more accurate guy? For some reason Carl actually tried to do that early on and he was chasing shadows, when he forced the fight more and just accepted taking one he actually was able to get at Ward on a few occasions. I don't think he expected to be getting pushed back off Ward when they did get up close though and that pretty much killed his chances of being able to dominate on the inside, also Ward was clever to tie Carl up.

The whole time Carl tried to box at range Ward would see everything coming and take half a step back allowing Carl to miss and open to be hit. Had he been more aggressive from the off he would no doubt of still lost, but he could of tired Ward out faster and maybe had 4 instead of 2 rounds which Ward was just looking to hold on for.

Ward will probably think most guys are slow due to him being so quick.

Froch had a 4 inch reach advantage over Ward but hardly ever threw the jab. Watching previous froch fights he uses the jab to set up the power shots but for some reason he abandoned the jab.  Even if he missed with the jab it still would have been a good range finder and maybe kept Ward off a little. He maybe could have mixed it up and gone to the body a bit more also but he was too busy head hunting and catching air.
Brick Top
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #99 on: December 20, 2011, 08:14:37 PM »

Its brilliant to see all these posters on various forums saying how amazing Ward now is when the other week Froch was going to dominate him. Theyre a fickle bunch.

Are you actually reading the threads or just thought up a clever line what you thought you'd post to make yourself look superior? Look at the poll, most people would back Calzaghe over Ward, so obviously not everyone thinks Ward is super human like you're insinuating.
Stef

« Reply #100 on: December 20, 2011, 08:27:20 PM »

Are you actually reading the threads or just thought up a clever line what you thought you'd post to make yourself look superior? Look at the poll, most people would back Calzaghe over Ward, so obviously not everyone thinks Ward is super human like you're insinuating.

Pipe down big man. Just making an observation. "Froch will dominate Ward and win a fairly comfortable decision" Thats the sort of bullshit i was reading that prompted me to say that.
Brick Top
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #101 on: December 20, 2011, 08:42:54 PM »

Pipe down big man. Just making an observation. "Froch will dominate Ward and win a fairly comfortable decision" Thats the sort of bullshit i was reading that prompted me to say that.

Was that all or a select bunch of posters? Still can't remember anyone seriously saying it was going to be easy for Froch anyway but that's just off the top of my head... 'big man'
Stef

« Reply #102 on: December 20, 2011, 09:01:50 PM »

Was that all or a select bunch of posters? Still can't remember anyone seriously saying it was going to be easy for Froch anyway but that's just off the top of my head... 'big man'

Nope thats just the one that tickled me most cos on the next thread he saying how class Ward is. I remember reading the betting thread on here before the fight and all bar 1/2 had put money on Froch.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #103 on: December 20, 2011, 09:20:20 PM »

Nope thats just the one that tickled me most cos on the next thread he saying how class Ward is. I remember reading the betting thread on here before the fight and all bar 1/2 had put money on Froch.

Fans went with the odds, they were against froch so people took a punt....just like when they bet on froch beating abraham even though abraham was favourite and same with taylor.
Brick Top
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #104 on: December 20, 2011, 09:25:20 PM »

I didn't have a bet but genuinely of I was going to I would of put it on Froch too even though I thought he would lose, there was no sense in backing ward unless you had a serious amount of money spare because of the odds
LiveFight

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: