British and Commonwealth super-middleweight champion George Groves insists he is in no hurry to fight Carl Froch.
Groves enjoyed a stellar 2011 as he toppled Olympic champion James DeGale in a fierce grudge match before seeing off the highly-rated Paul Smith with a second-round stoppage.
The 23-year-old appears to be destined for a world title shot in the next two years, but an all-British clash against Froch, who lost his WBC belt to WBA champion Andre Ward in Atlantic City last month, is a prospect many in the boxing world would like to see first.
And although Groves is up for fighting Froch in the near future, he admits he would be wasting his time if he were to start sounding out the Nottingham-based 'Cobra' now.
"A fight with Froch would be a big British fight and that's what gets people really excited, but he is not interested in fighting me," Groves said.
"I've got no doubt about that and I am not going to insult him by calling him out.
"He probably wants to win back a world title first.
"Maybe a fight could happen a year or two down the line. I'd love the challenge but there is no rush.
"It's easy to get carried away but I have to concentrate on what's in hand for me now."
Next up for Groves is a defence of his British title against Edinburgh's Kenny Anderson on March 16 at Wembley Arena.
Anderson knocked Groves down in the one and only time the Englishman has hit the canvas during his undefeated 14-fight career in Manchester in 2010, but he fought back to stop the Scot in the sixth round.
And Groves expects his opponent to be out for revenge when they lock horns in two months' time.
He said: "He will be frustrated that his claim to fame is that he knocked me down but didn't win.
That will be burning inside him but I am looking forward to showing people this is how I should have done it the first time."http://www1.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/7451260/Groves-will-wait-for-Froch
Groves is a class act.