whiite collar boxing?

<< < (3/4) > >>

lurkyshaka:
Quote from: The Hurricane on April 10, 2012, 08:48:59 AM

It depends who it's organised through I'd say.  My brother fights unlicensed but the shows he has fought on have paramedics ringside, the fighters have medicals, etc.  Most of the things you have mentioned there have occurred with licensed fighters so I don't think there is much of a difference in that regard.


There's a fair bit of difference between 'inlicensed' and 'white collar' though. Some unlicensed shows can be decent quality in terms of the combatants and the organisation. The standard of white collar boxing is by and large terrible.

White collar is by far the lowest rung of the ladder.

The Hurricane:
Quote from: lurkyshaka on April 10, 2012, 09:31:20 AM

There's a fair bit of difference between 'inlicensed' and 'white collar' though. Some unlicensed shows can be decent quality in terms of the combatants and the organisation. The standard of white collar boxing is by and large terrible.

White collar is by far the lowest rung of the ladder.


Yeah, I know what you mean.  Two guys from my brothers gym have turned pro now so its a place where people actually get trained to box instead of being told to lay off the pies for a few weeks and having a few swings at a heavy bag before a match.

lurkyshaka:
Quote from: The Hurricane on April 10, 2012, 10:05:19 AM

Yeah, I know what you mean.  Two guys from my brothers gym have turned pro now so its a place where people actually get trained to box instead of being told to lay off the pies for a few weeks and having a few swings at a heavy bag before a match.


Yeah the standards of unlicensed can be quite good and most are either decent retired pro's or amateurs, and some who go onto turn professional.

But the white collar brigade are made up mainly of have a go hard men who fancy themselves as a KO king and swing for the fences on like minded foes. And suit boys who fancy stepping out of their comfort zone. Then we get a sprinkling of experienced fighters mixed in who usually teach these 'hardnuts' and 'suits' the error of their ways.

The danger is someone getting seriously hurt during the process and unlike proper boxing folk who understand going in the risks.....a good number of the white collar brigade don't know what they're getting into till someone is cracking them upside the head with serious intent.

Alba:
michale gomez does unlincesed boxing now ...

http://ebfboxing.org/warriors-8

presa:
Quote from: Alba on April 10, 2012, 12:44:12 PM

michale gomez does unlincesed boxing now ...

http://ebfboxing.org/warriors-8



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgl_2Uk5tjU&feature=player_embedded
!

this should have been stopped really.. which sort of answers all my thoughts on it.

i wanted to hear peoples views firstly before commenting, currently i see more and more of these shows popping up and it seems to be taking the credit away from boxing as people seem to jump at a few quid to fight!?

someone wil get hurt badly soon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page