LiveFight
September 25, 2018, 09:47:05 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cotto vs Clottey - Discuss the fight ***SPOILER***  (Read 35205 times)
mac-rebel021
V.I.P
Executive Member

« on: June 11, 2009, 08:29:45 PM »

how do ppl see this 1 going
i see a bit of a war with cotto winning by l8 stoppage or decision
i guess this fight also will tell me how much the magricheato fight has taken out of cotto if anything at all

its not the size of the dog in the fight
its the size of the fight in the dog
LiveFight
« on: June 11, 2009, 08:29:45 PM »

Tito
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 08:46:29 PM »

Cotto should win as he as a better pedigree but I think Clottey will be his toughest fight yet. I saw the Cotto - Margarito fight the other night and Cotto was taking him to school until mid way through the fight when he suffered a broken nose and he couldn't breath properly.
Margarito won the fight deservedly but take away that injury and Cotto would have won easily. Clottey as a real chance of stepping up and making a huge name for himself and despite how Cotto performs there is no way Clottey will take a backwards step and he will mke Cotto fight for every round.
Props to both fighters for taking this fight  Wink

Keegan Jacobs
The Truth
Executive Member

The Truth

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 08:52:59 PM »

Cotto should win as he as a better pedigree but I think Clottey will be his toughest fight yet. I saw the Cotto - Margarito fight the other night and Cotto was taking him to school until mid way through the fight when he suffered a broken nose and he couldn't breath properly.
Margarito won the fight deservedly but take away that injury and Cotto would have won easily.
Clottey as a real chance of stepping up and making a huge name for himself and despite how Cotto performs there is no way Clottey will take a backwards step and he will mke Cotto fight for every round.
Props to both fighters for taking this fight  Wink

Margarito didnt win the fight deservedly, lets not forget he used illegal substance in his gloves. Cotto in my book is still undefeated and yes this fight will be a tough one .

mac-rebel021
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 08:59:02 PM »

ya i remember watchin the fight on setanta and the american commentators were saying cotto was putting on a clinic after the 6 rd i think

its not the size of the dog in the fight
its the size of the fight in the dog
WelshDevilRob
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 09:02:46 PM »

Cotto all the way for me.

Clottey is tough and awkward but Cotto picks his shots better and is more accurate.

Cotto had an easy comeback fight and Clottey will put up a real tussle but overall he isn't on Cottos skill level.

I favour Miguel on points but it could be a late stoppage win.

David Haye on Klitschko:"All I need is a ring and a ref who can count to ten"
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 09:02:46 PM »

Haynesey

'Can that man fight.' Larry Merchant

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 09:08:56 PM »

I wasn't impressed with Cotto fighting on the backfoot in the Margarito fight, bar the first round where he actually stood his ground and took control of the centre,  I thought he was poor, a lot of wasted movement and sitting on the ropes, with little intelligence and variation. A man with a terrible defence and poor footwork was able to corner Miguel and do damage on the inside, the intelligent pressure Clottey will apply, combined with his strong defence and counter hooks in the pocket, is more than enough to get the job done. Clottey by 10th round stoppage.
Brick Top
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 09:10:16 PM »

Margarito didnt win the fight deservedly, lets not forget he used illegal substance in his gloves. Cotto in my book is still undefeated and yes this fight will be a tough one .

Never proven as of yet
Graham

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 09:47:26 PM »

Never proven as of yet

It is!

Article by Mark Vesper:

The reputation of Antonio Margarito, a former three time welterweight champion, has taken yet another hit. Margarito's career has been under fire since his hand wraps were confiscated about thirty minutes prior to the bout with Shane Mosley on January 24. Mosley's trainer Naazim Richardson felt Margarito's wraps in the dressing room, and then indicated to an inspector for the California State Athletic Commission that Margarito's wraps were hard. After Margarito was asked to remove his wraps to have them inspected, two hard inserts were found. He was asked to re-wrap his hands and would later get knocked out by Mosley.

He was ordered to attend a hearing, along with trainer Javiar Capetillo, before the CSAC. The CSAC found that Margarito's wraps contained a foreign substance. They revoked the licenses of Margarito and Capetillo [both can re-apply in one year]. The exact nature of the foreign substance was never revealed because the hard inserts were sent to a lab for a review that would take several weeks to complete.

The Los Angeles Times obtained documents from the Department of Justice laboratory which revealed that Margarito's hand wraps containted calcium and sulfur, two of the primary elements of plaster of Paris.

The Times reports that a Department of Justice senior criminalist inspected the wrappings under stereomicroscope and X-ray flourescence spectrometer, and said calcium and sulfur were discovered.

In his report dated March 19, he said the two found elements, when mixed with oxygen - make plaster of Paris.

Speaking to a staff-nurse at the local hospital, I asked if thin layers of Plaster of Paris would make any difference. He explained that the mix they use means even thin layers become rock hard and virtually unbreakable. He said it would be the equivalent of kicking someone with steel toe-cap boots in place of ordinary shoes.

Big difference.

Tigh-na-Alba
Brick Top
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 09:52:43 PM »

It is!

Article by Mark Vesper:

The reputation of Antonio Margarito, a former three time welterweight champion, has taken yet another hit. Margarito's career has been under fire since his hand wraps were confiscated about thirty minutes prior to the bout with Shane Mosley on January 24. Mosley's trainer Naazim Richardson felt Margarito's wraps in the dressing room, and then indicated to an inspector for the California State Athletic Commission that Margarito's wraps were hard. After Margarito was asked to remove his wraps to have them inspected, two hard inserts were found. He was asked to re-wrap his hands and would later get knocked out by Mosley.

He was ordered to attend a hearing, along with trainer Javiar Capetillo, before the CSAC. The CSAC found that Margarito's wraps contained a foreign substance. They revoked the licenses of Margarito and Capetillo [both can re-apply in one year]. The exact nature of the foreign substance was never revealed because the hard inserts were sent to a lab for a review that would take several weeks to complete.

The Los Angeles Times obtained documents from the Department of Justice laboratory which revealed that Margarito's hand wraps containted calcium and sulfur, two of the primary elements of plaster of Paris.

The Times reports that a Department of Justice senior criminalist inspected the wrappings under stereomicroscope and X-ray flourescence spectrometer, and said calcium and sulfur were discovered.

In his report dated March 19, he said the two found elements, when mixed with oxygen - make plaster of Paris.

Speaking to a staff-nurse at the local hospital, I asked if thin layers of Plaster of Paris would make any difference. He explained that the mix they use means even thin layers become rock hard and virtually unbreakable. He said it would be the equivalent of kicking someone with steel toe-cap boots in place of ordinary shoes.

Big difference.

That was for the Mosley fight, it was never proven he used the wraps against cotto
Chig

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 09:53:57 PM »

It is!

Article by Mark Vesper:

Big difference.

But that was the Mosley fight, we dont know if he had done this before, and I doubt we ever will.
Chig

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2009, 09:55:45 PM »

is there a parrot on this forum  Grin - sorry Bricktop - I should have read the recent posting, I always just click post !!
Hitman
Executive Member

#everythingforareason

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2009, 09:56:07 PM »

Im suprised at the number of people who are picking Clottey TBH

For me, its Cotto all night long. Clottey is teak tough and his defense is very tight but he simply doesnt throw enough punches to be effective against Cotto.

Its a distance fight for me, Clottey is an accurate counter puncher but as i said, he is economical with his punch output and i see Cotto pulling away down the stretch.

Be interresting to see how Joshua handles Cottos body attacks!

Graham

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2009, 09:56:50 PM »

That was for the Mosley fight, it was never proven he used the wraps against cotto

Going by the letter of the law, you are correct. However, judging by the way Cotto was 'busted-up', the mind wanders....  Wink

Tigh-na-Alba
Brick Top
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2009, 09:59:35 PM »

Going by the letter of the law, you are correct. However, judging by the way Cotto was 'busted-up', the mind wanders....  Wink

it certainly does, Im not saying Marg wasnt wearing the wraps just that we dont know for sure.

is there a parrot on this forum  Grin - sorry Bricktop - I should have read the recent posting, I always just click post !!

Dont let it happen again  Angry

Grin
Graham

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2009, 10:01:42 PM »

Cotto by late stoppage, btw  Grin

Tigh-na-Alba
LiveFight

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: