LiveFight
March 25, 2019, 09:16:56 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Stoppage [slow speed VIDEO]  (Read 18923 times)
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2013, 09:14:54 PM »

Holy F*ck, people questioning Carls willingness for the rematch. When has Carl ever ducked a fight or taken the easy route. Anyone who doubts he will fight anyone, anywhere needs to jog on and watch netball.

I think he would fight him mate. However I think his family and his trainer may convince him differently. Carls a true fighter, he's also a family man and no fool by all accounts.
LiveFight
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2013, 09:14:54 PM »

The Saint

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2013, 09:16:48 PM »

Holy F*ck, people questioning Carls willingness for the rematch. When has Carl ever ducked a fight or taken the easy route. Anyone who doubts he will fight anyone, anywhere needs to jog on and watch netball.

And when has he ever been beaten up like he was for 8 rounds following a thumping KO in the first round?
Please don't say Taylor because that was a flash ko by a pumped up middleweight while Groves had him on seriously wobbly legs then the bell saved him ;-)
Yes he's never ducked  fight but he's never ever been in a situation like this before and is already saying its out of his hands,  bit different to what he said post fight sat next to George right ;-)

Maybe reality has kicked in and like I said before he knows George has his number and beats him next time.
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2013, 09:18:08 PM »

Cool!  Listen Froch is a legend and will go down as one of the UKs greatest ever fighters and definitely the most exciting.
He did nothing at all wrong on Saturday until he refused to shake  Groves hand then insulted him before spouting shit live on ppv sat next to George.
George is already stirring things up for the rematch by his comments today on the radio and on Sky Sports and IF Froch wants the rematch no one else comes into it at all.
Hearn wants it all day long $$$$$$ so if it doesnt happen we all will know its because Froch doesnt wanna face George again.

You won't find a man on here that doesn't want to see the fight concluded properly.

My fear is, HBO have very deep pockets are talking telephone numbers for Froch to fight Chavez or Golovkin in America - likewise, George wanted a big chunk of money to prevent it going out to bids. He got like 400k and thats more than Froch got for beating Taylor in America.

No way Carl fights for less money 2nd time around, but George was quick to talk about him getting paid even more in the rematch, when he got big money already for Saturday.

Obviously it's nobody's business who gets what, good for them - I can just see Groves negotiating money like is champion and Carl refusing to give up his slice.

I think a rematch sells very well indeed, but enough to keep both parties happy ? i hope so but not sure.
The Saint

« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2013, 09:20:33 PM »

I think he would fight him mate. However I think his family and his trainer may convince him differently. Carls a true fighter, he's also a family man and no fool by all accounts.

Totally answers my point :-)
Wonder why his family and trainer would oppose a rematch.... hands down would be his biggest ever payday so only leaves one reason.
They know Groves will beat him next time.
The Saint

« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2013, 09:31:14 PM »

You won't find a man on here that doesn't want to see the fight concluded properly.

My fear is, HBO have very deep pockets are talking telephone numbers for Froch to fight Chavez or Golovkin in America - likewise, George wanted a big chunk of money to prevent it going out to bids. He got like 400k and thats more than Froch got for beating Taylor in America.

No way Carl fights for less money 2nd time around, but George was quick to talk about him getting paid even more in the rematch, when he got big money already for Saturday.

Obviously it's nobody's business who gets what, good for them - I can just see Groves negotiating money like is champion and Carl refusing to give up his slice.

I think a rematch sells very well indeed, but enough to keep both parties happy ? i hope so but not sure.

Jesus 400k would have been nice , lets not forget Adam was paid over 130k all in all out of that plus there were extras :-(
I hear that Chavez is next also but also hear that Golden boy are serious about snapping George up as their main man and face of UK boxing and its no secret Richard has already been in talks with Georgie directly in the last 24 hours ;-)
on a side note I personally see Super Six 2 being announced in the coming months with Groves , Chavez and GGG thrown into the mix.
No reason the last two cant operate at SMW and join in the fun ;-)
Top dollar and a feast for fight fans all round and would include the rematch.
LiveFight
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2013, 09:31:14 PM »

westbo
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2013, 09:31:53 PM »

The demand for a rematch is huge
big big money to be made... Honestly didn't see this fight being as big as it become
everybody i no has been talking about it all weekend and at work all day today and these people do not have the slightest interest in boxing...
i dont think Eddie will let an opportunity like this pass him by if both teams are up for it.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2013, 09:34:16 PM »

Cool!  Listen Froch is a legend and will go down as one of the UKs greatest ever fighters and definitely the most exciting.
He did nothing at all wrong on Saturday until he refused to shake  Groves hand then insulted him before spouting shit live on ppv sat next to George.
George is already stirring things up for the rematch by his comments today on the radio and on Sky Sports and IF Froch wants the rematch no one else comes into it at all.
Hearn wants it all day long $$$$$$ so if it doesnt happen we all will know its because Froch doesnt wanna face George again.

If Carl doesnt fight Groves again it will be because he doesnt want to fight anyone again or because he wants his final fight in vegas....a fight he deserves before retiring.  on the forum question, yes this is a froch fan forum so many froch fans on here but also plenty of froch haters who only come on here to troll.
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2013, 09:39:06 PM »

Totally answers my point :-)
Wonder why his family and trainer would oppose a rematch.... hands down would be his biggest ever payday so only leaves one reason.
They know Groves will beat him next time.

Completely agree. Groves would pick up a win in much easier fashion in a rematch. I'd see a stoppage after a one sided affair.
The Saint

« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2013, 09:43:23 PM »

You mean Barry right?
Make no mistake about it Matchroom strings are 100% still pulled by Barry Hearn ;-)
So Carl posts here under the name of Aaron... is this fact ?
Box4life
V.I.P

« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2013, 09:48:43 PM »

What was the total purse for the fight?

The Saint

« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2013, 09:50:07 PM »

If Carl doesnt fight Groves again it will be because he doesnt want to fight anyone again or because he wants his final fight in vegas....a fight he deserves before retiring.  on the forum question, yes this is a froch fan forum so many froch fans on here but also plenty of froch haters who only come on here to troll.

I can imagine this place has gone mad with posts since Saturday being Carls home site but just to be clear I am a huge Froch fan and have nothing but respect for what he does in the square circle,  like I said earlier he will go down as one of the UKs best ever fighters and certainly the toughest and most exciting.
I know Georgie has his number and so does Carl and see a 2nd round TKO if Carl accepts the rematch on offer ;-)

The Saint

« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2013, 09:53:26 PM »

I know what Georgie made on Saturday and its not even half of what people think after a messy court order and other "issues"
dannffc
V.I.P
Executive Member

#DoTheGeorgeGroves

« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2013, 09:59:41 PM »

Groves should go and beat Steiglitz and get his world title. Carl should go and have his fight in America and they do it again next November if they feel like it. Everyone is talking as if it was just Carl that took punishment. Groves face shows both did, and with three more full rounds could very well have been worse.

R/E
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2013, 10:02:06 PM »

I can imagine this place has gone mad with posts since Saturday being Carls home site but just to be clear I am a huge Froch fan and have nothing but respect for what he does in the square circle,  like I said earlier he will go down as one of the UKs best ever fighters and certainly the toughest and most exciting.
I know Georgie has his number and so does Carl and see a 2nd round TKO if Carl accepts the rematch on offer ;-)

Groves was very good early on the fight no doubt but also Carl was terrible. He couldn't avoid anything yet he's faced a lot more skill full and faster fighters than groves in the past. My prediction should they rematch would be Groves very early or Carl late on.
willlywalllly
Executive Member

« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2013, 10:05:09 PM »

Everyone is talking as if it was just Carl that took punishment. Groves face shows both did, and with three more full rounds could very well have been worse.

yup, those forearms and elbows marked groves up pretty bad and showed no signs of slowing down
LiveFight

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: