LiveFight
March 25, 2019, 09:04:16 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Stoppage [slow speed VIDEO]  (Read 18914 times)
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« on: November 25, 2013, 03:28:38 PM »

I'm trying to see this through the referee's eyes and to be honest, I think the momentum put George into the ropes and not the accuracy - perhaps the ref thought they landed.

But the last couple of shots were heavy bombs and I can't see George being tip-top and withstanding what Froch was about to dish out on him.

He was sagging around the ring and right on the cusp of falling forwards. He wasn't protecting himself and was all over the shop, staring at the floor.

LiveFight
« on: November 25, 2013, 03:28:38 PM »

Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 03:43:07 PM »

Bout 18 seconds in....Foster has yet to touch groves yet groves arms are down hes leaning forward head down open target.
dmp
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 03:44:01 PM »

bullshit stoppage,straw clutching
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 03:48:16 PM »

I thought you was bored of talking about it Red?  Wink

Team Groves
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 03:50:56 PM »

The slow mo actually make the decision look all the poorer.  People were claiming that it should have been stopped because Groves head was down/looking at the floor.  Now it's as clear as day that his head was there because Carl was pulling it down which I hadn't picked up in real time.
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 03:50:56 PM »

CelticHiggo
V.I.P
Executive Member

"Its never too late to be what you might have been

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 03:51:24 PM »

bullshit stoppage,straw clutching

Agree,Doesnt matter which way you look at it.

"Never argue with an idiot.They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience".
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 03:53:31 PM »

The slow mo actually make the decision look all the poorer.  People were claiming that it should have been stopped because Groves head was down/looking at the floor.  Now it's as clear as day that his head was there because Carl was pulling it down which I hadn't picked up in real time.

Watch it again.

He was already facing the floor long before he put his glove on his shoulder. Hardly pushing his head down.
Brick Top
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2013, 03:55:36 PM »

Red it was a bullshit stoppage, there's only you I've come across that thinks it was OK, give up the ghost
jorg21
Executive Member

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2013, 03:58:43 PM »

Even worse decision when you see it in slowmo he was punching back he wasn't slumped forward like people are clutching at straws to stick up for their hero and the reason he had his arms at his side when Foster grabs him is because he probably thinks it's Carl grabbing him to tie him up then watch his reaction when he realizes it's Foster.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2013, 03:59:37 PM »

Watch it again.

He was already facing the floor long before he put his glove on his shoulder. Hardly pushing his head down.

Groves misses with a right hand then to me lookks like he's moving in to clinch with his head by Froch's shoulder and is then pulled forward.
Box4life
V.I.P

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2013, 04:02:24 PM »

Is there Slow Mo of when Carl was knocked down?

willlywalllly
Executive Member

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2013, 04:02:52 PM »

that slow mo just makes things worse!! no way was that stoppage!! im fuming all over again this isnt healthy
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2013, 04:04:15 PM »

Good interview with Fitzpatrick here.

http://www.spam.co.uk/boxing/sport/video_audio/260741.html

Team Groves
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2013, 04:05:26 PM »

Red it was a bullshit stoppage, there's only you I've come across that thinks it was OK, give up the ghost

Not really.

I spoke to both Froch brothers, his mum, his mates and his barber and they all say your wrong Bricktop, so there.

lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2013, 04:12:15 PM »

It was stopped early but Groves was undeniably shipping major punishment at a point in the fight where he was weary and without his legs underneath him. His legs had never recovered from the first sweeping right hand roughly 30 seconds previous and Froch was upping the anty and was landing increasingly harder and cleaner punches right uptil the point Foster dived in. Groves certainly didn't appear to be riding out the storm, things were getting worse by the second.

Now having said that.....I do think he should have been allowed a few more seconds to see what would have transpired. I strongly believe he'd have been chopped up more decisively had Froch been allowed to keep punching him, but I think everyone would have liked to have seen a bit more action to end all doubt. Another 10-20 seconds would have probably allowed the fight to end on a more satisfactory note for all concerned.

As it is Groves and his fans feel aggrieved and Froch has had some lustre taken off what was a f'kin hellaciously brave comeback!
LiveFight

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: