LiveFight
April 25, 2018, 08:58:04 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kid Galahad - handed 2 year ban  (Read 1796 times)
Vlad The Impaler
V.I.P

« on: May 12, 2015, 08:02:40 PM »

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/boxing/441782/Kid-Galahad-fight-ban-failed-drugs-test-brother-spiked-drink

First I'd heard about this...

Kid Galahad has vehemently denied being a drugs cheat after being handed a two-year ban from boxing.

The Wincobank super bantamweight – real name Barry Awad – is determined to fight the ban which will keep him out of the ring until September 2016.

Galahad claims his brother Mageed – currently in prison for other offences – spiked on of his protein drinks after a ‘disagreement’ which led to a failed urine sample given in September last year.

His brother has signed a sworn statement admitting he did spike the former European champion’s drink but the National Anti-Doping Panel nevertheless handed down the ban which he has appealed.

“What can I say, other than I am totally gutted,” the 25-year-old told the Daily Star. “This will stall my career dramatically.

“I’m absolutely devastated especially as I have not done anything wrong and have never taken a steroid in my life.

“The one thing about it which makes it even worse is that it involves a member of my family, my brother. He did it following a disagreement we had.

“I told my mum and sister and eventually my sister went to see my brother, who is in jail, and he admitted doing this.

“I don’t know anything about the drug other than you would take it to allow you to get bigger, which in my case makes no sense at all.

“I walk around Sheffield at around the lightweight limit so I have to be very disciplined and careful about what I eat and how I train because I box at super bantam.

“Bulking up does not and would not help me at all and apparently this drug would help you get bigger.

“That’s not what I want, so why would I take it?”

Galahad has not fought since last September when he comfortably outpointing Adeilson Dos Santos to claim the vacant IBF Youth super bantamweight title.

He had been expecting to move up to world level this year, chasing fights with established world champions Scott Quigg and Carl Frampton.

But his career is under threat after being found guilty of using the steroid stanozolol. UK Anti-Doping refuse to confirm any ban until after any appeal process is carried out.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 09:35:59 PM by Red » Logged
LiveFight
« on: May 12, 2015, 08:02:40 PM »

Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 09:39:00 PM »

NOBODY takes winstrol to "bulk up" and is a cutting drug, for those wanting the dry/hard look whilst cutting fat.

The muscle-mass gains are negligible at best unless taken is very big doses and then you'd probably choose something far more potent and in smaller, safer does.

Winnie is basically for those wanting to get ripped, or are shedding weight/fat to look lean.

It's popular in athletes as it's good for speed and strength, it's popular with bodybuilders for getting shredded whilst retaining muscle.
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 10:06:55 PM »

Did not even know he was being investigated.

Interesting scenario and I feel sorry for him if true.

Team Groves
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 10:32:54 PM »

Did not even know he was being investigated.

Interesting scenario and I feel sorry for him if true.

Man in prison gives statement helping his brother ...

Can't see it personally but shame if true ... Real stick up
Jake Barnes

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 10:42:01 PM »

NOBODY takes winstrol to "bulk up" and is a cutting drug, for those wanting the dry/hard look whilst cutting fat.

The muscle-mass gains are negligible at best unless taken is very big doses and then you'd probably choose something far more potent and in smaller, safer does.

Winnie is basically for those wanting to get ripped, or are shedding weight/fat to look lean.

It's popular in athletes as it's good for speed and strength, it's popular with bodybuilders for getting shredded whilst retaining muscle.

So what are you saying?

Is it performance enhancing? (Is brother story likely to be true?)
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 10:42:01 PM »

Kevan2
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Doctor will see you now

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 08:38:42 AM »

Bye bye   Rigo, Frampton, Quigg, Martinez, etc....

2 years lost in the lower weights equates to a lifetime...... Will always be playing catch up.

Dear Santa, this year i have been a very good boy, well, nearly all year, well to be honest, you can hardly call it good, oh phuck it, never mind, i\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ll buy my own shit!!
Socrates
V.I.P
Executive Member

Happy Valenbirthiversary

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2015, 05:06:42 AM »

Yep.

I'm not buying this.

If you love something set it free. Unless it's a tiger.
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2015, 06:47:40 AM »

It never amazes me how low the IQ is in our sport.

You see guys mumbling, who can't read or write and making the most stupid decisions with regards drugs, promoters, signing contracts.

Graham Earl last week, Kid Galahad this week.

cloughie
Executive Member

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2015, 07:23:45 AM »

Earl got 7 years....his first offence as well......some bird stitched him up, evidently.......stupid, stupid man.

whats the expression ? live by the sword, die by the sword

feel really bad for Earl thiough. i guess the judge threw the book at him. and the kitchen sink.
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2015, 03:24:03 PM »

Can't see it personally but shame if true ... Real stick up

I did consider that too.

If he has done it on purpose hes very stupid, while not up there with Scott and Carl he did seem to be heading slowly in the right direction.

Team Groves
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: