LiveFight
May 26, 2017, 01:48:52 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fury retires -  (Read 2799 times)
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2016, 08:04:44 AM »

I hope he gets better. But that said, everyone has problems.

LiveFight
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2016, 08:04:44 AM »

Tuco
Executive Member

'When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.' Tuco

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2016, 08:26:18 AM »

^
When you put things into perspective like that it makes Fury and his solipsism come off as pathetic. Fury believes hes a special flower. ''touched in the head.'' He needs a dose of reality. He hasn't got it that bad (with his millions in the bank) compared to alot of people. Depression affects most at some point. In his case it's a chemical inbalance which means it's more serious than the norm. When you look at his life, the guy is blessed. I've got a mate who has schizophrenia. It's a tough road for him but he deals with it in the right way and lives a relatively normal life. I have zero sypmpathy for Tyson. Everyone has issues and they'll keep on having issue till the day they die. Fury needs to grow the hell up.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2016, 09:09:43 AM »

Depends on the perspective.  Someone could easily claim no one should have any sympathy for Paul Williams being in his situation (not that I would advocate that) given that he is there as a result of speeding and driving his motorcycle dangerously.
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2016, 10:32:19 AM »

Depends on the perspective.  Someone could easily claim no one should have any sympathy for Paul Williams being in his situation (not that I would advocate that) given that he is there as a result of speeding and driving his motorcycle dangerously.

He made a mistake, one that many people do every day without dire consequences- and not only has his boxing career has finished - but also the life he once knew.

Has Paul done nothing else but scream and cry in the press and on social media since? nope he's taken his lumps and is getting on with his life. Team Fury say Tyson is low because he didn't get the applause from his win in Germany (solely down to his gay bashing).

I'd bet that in private, Paul Williams is devastated. Having been a top athlete to then barely being able to wipe his own ass just a day later.

If he was taking coke, drinking and was a mess then you'd absolutely feel for him. Waking up to an eternal nightmare that will never heal.

But this sounds like someone on a comedown who's been lording in the pubs and clubs with his new found status. Perhaps an underlying mental issue too - but to place all the blame on that, and take no responsibility for your own actions is stretching it very far.

The amount of people over the years whom have been busted with drugs or women - and then say "I was depressed" and then slope off to councilling... ordinary people and celebrities alike. Yeah, your depressed because you've been caught red handed.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 10:37:48 AM by Red » Logged
Tuco
Executive Member

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2016, 10:42:37 AM »

Depends on the perspective.  Someone could easily claim no one should have any sympathy for Paul Williams being in his situation (not that I would advocate that) given that he is there as a result of speeding and driving his motorcycle dangerously.

Going off perspective....Recent statistics show that 1/2 the worlds population is livinging under the poverty line. More than 750 million people lack adequate access to clean drinking water. 1 billion children worldwide are living in poverty. Fury is doing alright for himself. Wouldn't you say?
LiveFight
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2016, 10:42:37 AM »

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2016, 10:46:23 AM »

Going off perspective....Recent statistics show that 1/2 the worlds population is livinging under the poverty line. More than 750 million people lack adequate access to clean drinking water. 1 billion children worldwide are living in poverty. Fury is doing alright for himself. Wouldn't you say?

And by that same perspective, Paul Williams if living the dream.
Tuco
Executive Member

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2016, 10:54:21 AM »

And by that same perspective, Paul Williams if living the dream.
Grin Grin
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2016, 10:57:02 AM »

He made a mistake, one that many people do every day without dire consequences- and not only has his boxing career has finished - but also the life he once knew.

Has Paul done nothing else but scream and cry in the press and on social media since? nope he's taken his lumps and is getting on with his life. Team Fury say Tyson is low because he didn't get the applause from his win in Germany (solely down to his gay bashing).

I'd bet that in private, Paul Williams is devastated. Having been a top athlete to then barely being able to wipe his own ass just a day later.

If he was taking coke, drinking and was a mess then you'd absolutely feel for him. Waking up to an eternal nightmare that will never heal.

But this sounds like someone on a comedown who's been lording in the pubs and clubs with his new found status. Perhaps an underlying mental issue too - but to place all the blame on that, and take no responsibility for your own actions is stretching it very far.

The amount of people over the years whom have been busted with drugs or women - and then say "I was depressed" and then slope off to councilling... ordinary people and celebrities alike. Yeah, your depressed because you've been caught red handed.

The chief executive of Mind has said that Fury needs high quality medical treatment.  Fury has had a tenuous grip on things for a good while so I'm prepared to give him a bit more leeway than the example you give along the lines of when Hatton was busted.  
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2016, 02:33:06 PM »

The chief executive of Mind has said that Fury needs high quality medical treatment.  Fury has had a tenuous grip on things for a good while so I'm prepared to give him a bit more leeway than the example you give along the lines of when Hatton was busted.  

Has the chief exec ever met him?

It's like the "bad back" where people suffer from one, then there are those that don't but pretend to do so.

Fury is very eccentric and a bit nuts, but he is not seeing things and imagining things. The lampshades in his home are not whispering for him to buy a samurai sword.

Again, we are arguing over something that nobody really knows for sure. But I'd hazard a guess that anyone of sound mind got drunk and coked-up for 6 months would feel a bit loopy eventually. Especially someone in the public eye and larger than life (literally).

It's shades of grey in my opinion and not black & white. You put all of those things in the mix and you'll have an issue. If there was an underlying issue to start with then you will amplify it.

But the crux is this: He's blaming all his actions on being ill, but won't recognise that it could be vice versa - that his actions are making him ill. Then you have the opinion (shared by the majority) that this is a handy ruse for being caught red handed.

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2016, 02:47:29 PM »

Maybe he has, maybe he hasn't.  But I'd imagine that as the head of probably the biggest mental health charity in the country he has more experience in the area than the vast majority of commentators. 

I think the drugs element can be a misnomer in some ways.  People could well say that Bruno hasn't got mental health issues today because he got caught doing coke a decade ago.
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2016, 11:03:17 PM »

Depression knows nothing about pound notes mate.
cloughie
Executive Member

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2016, 07:51:56 AM »

i can confirm after many Vegas benders that doing too much blow will make you extremely depressed for several days afterwards. 'fear and loathing in Las Vegas' etc etc but yes the come down is horrendous, at least it was with me. thank goodness those days are behind me  Embarrassed

meantime -

if you wanna play the 'parteh' scene, if you wanna go chasing broads, if you wanna be a baaaad man, then f***ing more power to you. you're a grown adult, fill your boots. its an individual choice. enjoy.

BUT

don;t go running to your missus if you suddenly become overladen with GUILT at your extra marital carousing - if you do that shit then tell nobody because you will destroy your woman's life if you confess. thats the most shameful and selfish act a man can do to a woman. if you play away, keep it to yourself.

same with blow - and other party drugs - don't be running to mama when you're feeling low in your come down - don;t be claiming 'depression' - because doing coke always leads to that - classic symptom - if you do it, learn to cope with it - Fury is pathetic - Hatton is pathetic - 'woe at me' - they're playing the media at their own game - and the Paul Williams analogy is perfect - a man who did not feel sorry for himself but probably still weeps at night at not being a fighter anymore - but doesn;t need a public forum for his feelings.

Fury - do one.

you're a f***ing disgrace of a man. 

rgds/Cloughie
Tuco
Executive Member

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2016, 05:47:45 PM »

Depression knows nothing about pound notes mate.

Thats a fair point. Fury is in a position where he can actually get help. His wealth means he can afford the best health care and sort himself out. I doubt he will go that route. Fury's identity is someone who's abit crazy/''touched in the head''. You don't change your identity if it's something your comfortable with, even if it's making you sick. He's one of very few people on the planet thats achieved his dreams. Maybe thats part of the problem, he's achieved his dream and has nothing else to chase after. A guy like that needs something to keep him focused and in check. A carrot dangling infront of him thats just out of reach.
ChicagoFightFan

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2016, 06:25:16 PM »

Spot on.
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2016, 07:12:51 PM »

Thats a fair point. Fury is in a position where he can actually get help. His wealth means he can afford the best health care and sort himself out. I doubt he will go that route. Fury's identity is someone who's abit crazy/''touched in the head''. You don't change your identity if it's something your comfortable with, even if it's making you sick. He's one of very few people on the planet thats achieved his dreams. Maybe thats part of the problem, he's achieved his dream and has nothing else to chase after. A guy like that needs something to keep him focused and in check. A carrot dangling infront of him thats just out of reach.

You could be right mate, I'm not a fury fan in the slightest - go back through my posts for evidence  Grin. However despite what I think of him as a person (or the person I know through his tv persona), I have sympathy for any one going through depression as it's just a horrible crippling condition.
People with depression in the public domain are more often than not told about how much money they have and how they cannot possibly be depressed because of it. I've not heard the same said about any other disease or condition.
On a slightly different note, he would have had more sympathy if he didn't act in the way he did beforehand.
LiveFight

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: