LiveFight
April 28, 2017, 02:03:14 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Katie Taylor  (Read 1931 times)
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2017, 11:58:57 AM »

Nicola Adams has now left the GB Boxing set-up and it looks like it will be announced that she will be turning over today. 
LiveFight
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2017, 11:58:57 AM »

Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2017, 12:28:16 PM »

Maybe they can have a knockout tournament at York Hall between them on Sky ?

Dykefighter

Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2017, 12:46:05 PM »

Dykefighter

Grin Grin Grin
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2017, 12:48:28 PM »

Dykefighter

Grin Clit or miss concept that.
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2017, 01:10:39 PM »

Nicola Adams has now left the GB Boxing set-up and it looks like it will be announced that she will be turning over today. 
She's signed with Frank W*****
LiveFight
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2017, 01:10:39 PM »

AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2017, 11:22:45 AM »

Sky talk some bollocks when it comes to this girl.

She seems a really nice person etc and I've nothing against her at all.

But

It does nothing for me watching her fight. I know she's only 4 fights in but it's basically an amateur style in professional ring in my view. Like Khan vs Kitelnik.

What these "huge nights" sky talk of are, I've no idea. I couldn't name one opponent in her division and so have no real excitement about any future fights. I'm sure she will get a world title and Hearn is counting days he can headline her on a PPV card but I'd not lose sleep at not seeing her fight again.

It's a shame really as given her amateur accomplishments she obviously has talent, but while I've no problem with women boxing it just never once got my attention last night.

As for Bellews comparison to Rousey well he was on fire with the tosh he was spouting. For one Rousey though I'm no fan she was not a flash in the pan, she defended her title more times than Tony has prior to losing. Ali's own daughter even with that surname and being the best female fighter at her weight never reached superstar status, no way Taylor does.

Team Groves
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2017, 11:48:39 AM »

Seems strange that no one at Sky can comprehend the reality with Taylor outside of their fantasy of the situation. A large part of Rousey's rise and popularity was due to the fact that she was outright wrecking people not plodding through the distance.

It was obvious the crowd wasn't really interested even after the knockdown. And I don't really buy the line about other pro's loving to watch her either. Compare her offence to Linares' last night and the quality is absolutely miles apart.
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2017, 12:07:30 PM »

Seems strange that no one at Sky can comprehend the reality with Taylor outside of their fantasy of the situation. A large part of Rousey's rise and popularity was due to the fact that she was outright wrecking people not plodding through the distance.

It was obvious the crowd wasn't really interested even after the knockdown. And I don't really buy the line about other pro's loving to watch her either. Compare her offence to Linares' last night and the quality is absolutely miles apart.

She has fast hands etc, but only one or two out of say a 7/8 punch combo would land.

He needs to get her fighting in Ireland, I'm sure she'd get great receptions over there. Not to be harsh but if she was on at a card I attended, I'd use it as time to nip the toilet or get a drink etc.

Daft how they only fight two minute rounds also. She's better to watch than Brian Rose however, but so is bacterial growth.

Team Groves
Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2017, 02:19:07 PM »

She has fast hands etc, but only one or two out of say a 7/8 punch combo would land.

He needs to get her fighting in Ireland, I'm sure she'd get great receptions over there. Not to be harsh but if she was on at a card I attended, I'd use it as time to nip the toilet or get a drink etc.

Daft how they only fight two minute rounds also. She's better to watch than Brian Rose however, but so is bacterial growth.

I said pretty much that about Katie Taylor last night, all very weel and good throwing a million punches a fight but chill out a bit, slow down and throw a few less punches of a bit more significance and she might develop into a more ruthless offensive fighter. But as with most on here, the interest isn't really there with me. If she headlines a ppv show I wouldn't even bother sourcing an illegal stream for it. Not disputing the talent one bit but i just don't really care.
Bonters
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2017, 02:28:13 PM »

Can't say I know of a fight I'm eager to see her in. Women's boxing just doesn't do anything for me.

Hear hear.  Obviously not just a generational thing then?  I have zilch interest whatsoever in women boxing and still see it as totally inappropriate. Why the fook we cannot all just accept that the two sexes are poles apart is beyond me.  There are some things that should be done by men only and boxing is most certainly one of them. Equally there are things which should be done by women only, like childbirth, washing up, hoovering, cleaning etc.  Ok, so that last bit is flippant but the point remains valid.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2017, 02:57:19 PM »

I can appreciate the skill that the likes of Taylor has, the dedication, etc....but I'm not interested in watching her fight in all honesty.

I think the problem is that there simply isn't the competition there for her to compete against and the lack of power generally in the women's game takes away the drama/element of danger/ from it.

Maybe if Katie Taylor was fighting herself and I could see a genuinely competitive fight I'd be interested....he best women are head and shoulders above their peers and it ends up looking like a man Vs a woman and add to that a lack of power and its just a bit boring.

" Thanks Wlad, good game...We should play another round or two soon eh? "

Socrates
V.I.P
Executive Member

Happy Valenbirthiversary

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2017, 11:01:32 AM »

Some great comments from Andy Lee here. Absolutely bang on.

https://www.balls.ie/boxing/andy-lee-361907

If you love something set it free. Unless it's a tiger.
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2017, 12:12:30 PM »

Some great comments from Andy Lee here. Absolutely bang on.

https://www.balls.ie/boxing/andy-lee-361907

Nice to see someone inside the ropes appear to be on the same channel as many of those watching.

Team Groves
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2017, 01:54:34 PM »

Good link that.

Sky is awful to listen to, I sometimes think theyre watching a different fight to me. The home fighter usually wins on the ring walk
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2017, 01:59:47 PM »

Good link that.

Sky is awful to listen to, I sometimes think theyre watching a different fight to me. The home fighter usually wins on the ring walk

Paulie malignaggi is the most credible one now days, made me laugh how when told by Adam Smith how Dan Rafael had scored the ward/kovalev fight after about 9 rounds he said "he's missing a great fight".

Froch started off good, but is now a company man towing the line of saying what he is told rather than thinks. Nelson can have moments of interest and Adam Smith is horrific.

Team Groves
LiveFight

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: