LiveFight
June 25, 2017, 12:00:59 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haye v Bellew at heavyweight  (Read 8304 times)
Bonters
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2016, 10:42:00 PM »

The 'sport' of boxing plumbs new lows.  People will actually pay money to attend and see this, and it will be PPV.  Strewth, it defies belief.  I shall have no part of it whatsoever, not that this will make any difference   Angry
LiveFight
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2016, 10:42:00 PM »

Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2016, 12:02:16 AM »

The 'sport' of boxing plumbs new lows.  People will actually pay money to attend and see this, and it will be PPV.  Strewth, it defies belief.  I shall have no part of it whatsoever, not that this will make any difference   Angry

Jaimie will be there no doubt.
Tuco
Executive Member

'When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.' Tuco

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2016, 12:41:22 AM »

As the UFC's Khabib Nurmagomedov would say.....

''This is number one bullshit''

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8gzuEN0cH0

jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2016, 07:45:05 AM »

When I saw this announced I just felt sorry for the first person to be in your company. Grin
I do agree though, complete farce.
AndyE
V.I.P

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2016, 08:58:05 AM »

Oh man, this really isn't helping my feelings towards the sport at the moment.

Proud member since 2009 - just never posts!
LiveFight
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2016, 08:58:05 AM »

Alvy
V.I.P

Alvy
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2016, 09:22:20 AM »

Mismatch. And of course there are plenty of those in boxing. But a mismatch on PPV???

This whole thing smells of balls.

This ain't going 3 rounds.

Haye to win via savage arse raping.

“We learned a long time ago that we should never subject ourselves to the schedules of the powerful. We had to follow our own calendar and impose it on those above.”
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2016, 09:37:40 AM »

Everything is stacked against Bellew - he is smaller, slower, easier to hit and can be hurt. He is also at a higher weight having looked soft at Cruiser and doesn't know how to fight defensively. How can anyone make a case for him winning?

I think you make a valid point however this fight isn't about Bellew its about Haye and if he's still got speed power movement etc If he's declined and has stamina issues again it might get very interesting if it goes past 5 or 6 rounds.

A Slice of Life
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2016, 10:56:30 AM »

I think talk of Haye having stamina issues is largely a misnomer. He blew himself out against Thompson but since then he's fought at a pace that's comfortable for him. No ones really been able to push the pace against him and Bellew certainly isn't the person to do it.
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2016, 11:06:27 AM »

I think talk of Haye having stamina issues is largely a misnomer. He blew himself out against Thompson but since then he's fought at a pace that's comfortable for him. No ones really been able to push the pace against him and Bellew certainly isn't the person to do it.

Not a 220lb Bellew anyway
Socrates
V.I.P
Executive Member

Happy Valenbirthiversary

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2016, 11:19:21 AM »

To me, the key to this fight is whether Bellew starts it on top of the cell or not.

If he does, and Haye is forced to climb up there with the bar wire wrapped chairs then it will be interesting.

Don't underestimate Dave Coldwell distracting special guest referee Shannon Briggs so that Bellew can use the knuckledusters hidden in his shorts. I wouldn't be surprised to see Adam Booth make a surprise entrance and a glorious reconciliation in the ring, with them going on to fight for the tag team title at Summerslam 2017.

If you love something set it free. Unless it's a tiger.
cowboy55
the court jester supreme
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2016, 01:15:02 PM »

All I can say is Y'all better pray to Christ Dingleberry Dipstick doesn't stub his toes Grin

god bless ya Larry Costa-running laps in that track in the sky&remember all the little dudes-they're what it's all about mateys
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2016, 01:31:36 PM »

To me, the key to this fight is whether Bellew starts it on top of the cell or not.

If he does, and Haye is forced to climb up there with the bar wire wrapped chairs then it will be interesting.

Don't underestimate Dave Coldwell distracting special guest referee Shannon Briggs so that Bellew can use the knuckledusters hidden in his shorts. I wouldn't be surprised to see Adam Booth make a surprise entrance and a glorious reconciliation in the ring, with them going on to fight for the tag team title at Summerslam 2017.

Grin marvellous... and has an element of truth!
glenn_user
Executive Member

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2016, 03:52:27 PM »

Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2016, 09:42:22 AM »

A lot of journalists and web pundits won't even discuss or cover it.
Vlad The Impaler
V.I.P

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2016, 10:49:19 PM »

Grin
LiveFight

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: