LiveFight
June 28, 2017, 12:24:26 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ITV Box Office - (PPV)  (Read 11185 times)
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #150 on: February 05, 2017, 09:08:22 AM »

Heard price isn't very committed.

He probably works hard in camp, but year round is no athlete.

LiveFight
« Reply #150 on: February 05, 2017, 09:08:22 AM »

Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #151 on: February 05, 2017, 09:09:36 AM »

I watched a bit of Eubank and then switched off in mid rounds.

I think he's a dick and lacks power.
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #152 on: February 05, 2017, 09:51:52 AM »

I'm sure Price must have put a few quid behind him from his maloney days, not bad given the average opposition throughout his career.

People on here giving Eubank a fair bit of praise, I missed most of it but he got slated on twitter.

Team Groves
Kevan2
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Doctor will see you now

« Reply #153 on: February 05, 2017, 10:03:03 AM »

Had a lovely link sent to me during the fights.....thank you! my one gave up the ghost!

I think.... no, im positive ive had way better nights watching PubFighter. 1 fight is all i was up 4 Ryder vs Etches, and it didnt let anyone down. Great effort from both lads. Sad to see David Price unable to hold his own hands up or stand up without the aid of something to fall onto. His chin held up. bless him but not his stamina......

Dear Santa, this year i have been a very good boy, well, nearly all year, well to be honest, you can hardly call it good, oh phuck it, never mind, i\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ll buy my own shit!!
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #154 on: February 05, 2017, 10:47:38 AM »

Yep. It was the first time i have seen a boxer throw a punch miss the target... and hang over the ropes near the turnbuckle as though he was clobbered himself. Almost as if he trained for a 4 round fight.

It was awful to watch....he probably felt he was going to crush Hammer early doors after whacking him easily in the amateurs. So maybe he hadn't trained correctly. But it doesn't really matter at the end of the day because he's just not very good.

Chin, stamina, mentality, dedication and I absolutely hate to see huge heavyweights with a ton of reach pawing with the jab and allowing much shorter opposition to close the gap so easily.

I don't want to be too harsh but Price is done. I hope he's made enough cash in the fights he's had and if so then he's actually done very well for himself in reality given how flawed he is.

" Thanks Wlad, good game...We should play another round or two soon eh? "

LiveFight
« Reply #154 on: February 05, 2017, 10:47:38 AM »

Bonters
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #155 on: February 05, 2017, 11:10:32 AM »

Watched this on the PPV at my son's house (he paid, I didn't!).  I found the whole event very bizarre actually.  Nowhere was there any indication of who the promoter was?  There were sponsor slogans here and there but no actual promoter.  The venue looked woefully small, and not very full for most the time either.  I guess they were relying more on PPV buys than ticket sales?  The ring announcer was marginally more hideous looking than Shrek, certainly no Buffer or Lennon Jr!  He looked like he was wearing a set of top teeth that he got our of a Christmas cracker!
As for the boxing, Ryder -v- Etches was a decent enough scrap and quite enjoyable.  Price was much as I feared it would be and hopefully now he will actually look at alternative ways to pay the bills.  Really nice bloke and I had great hopes for him in the early days, but beyond 3 rounds he's completely fooked.  Hardly surprising at just under 20 Stones?  Eubank did what he needed to do but like so many others on here, he grates on me and I so wish he would ditch trying to be his father, who is a first class prick.  I cannot help myself hoping that he gets beaten just to piss Eubank Snr right off!  It's unlikely that I will ever be able to get properly behind Eubank Jnr to the point of attending a fight, I fear.
Unworthy of PPV, no question about it.  Poor build-up and dreadful ringside analysis, albeit big names in Lennox (yawn every time he opens his mouth), Andre Ward (supercilious tosser who thinks he's Jesus) and Duke McKenzie (not too bad a bloke). All in all, just totally bizarre and poorly thought out.  I seriously hope they didn't make money with this tripe
P.S.  I usually have some time for Richy Woodhall as a commentator and  for his analysis but his scoring in the Etches fight proved beyond doubt that he was on the loony juice last night!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 11:14:03 AM by Bonters » Logged
Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #156 on: February 05, 2017, 11:22:09 AM »

Watched this on the PPV at my son's house (he paid, I didn't!).  I found the whole event very bizarre actually.  Nowhere was there any indication of who the promoter was?  There were sponsor slogans here and there but no actual promoter.  The venue looked woefully small, and not very full for most the time either.  I guess they were relying more on PPV buys than ticket sales?  The ring announcer was marginally more hideous looking than Shrek, certainly no Buffer or Lennon Jr!  He looked like he was wearing a set of top teeth that he got our of a Christmas cracker!
As for the boxing, Ryder -v- Etches was a decent enough scrap and quite enjoyable.  Price was much as I feared it would be and hopefully now he will actually look at alternative ways to pay the bills.  Really nice bloke and I had great hopes for him in the early days, but beyond 3 rounds he's completely fooked.  Hardly surprising at just under 20 Stones?  Eubank did what he needed to do but like so many others on here, he grates on me and I so wish he would ditch trying to be his father, who is a first class prick.  I cannot help myself hoping that he gets beaten just to piss Eubank Snr right off!  It's unlikely that I will ever be able to get properly behind Eubank Jnr to the point of attending a fight, I fear.
Unworthy of PPV, no question about it.  Poor build-up and dreadful ringside analysis, albeit big names in Lennox (yawn every time he opens his mouth), Andre Ward (supercilious tosser who thinks he's Jesus) and Duke McKenzie (not too bad a bloke). All in all, just totally bizarre and poorly thought out.  I seriously hope they didn't make money with this tripe
P.S.  I usually have some time for Richy Woodhall as a commentator and  for his analysis but his scoring in the Etches fight proved beyond doubt that he was on the loony juice last night!

How do you think it compared as a product to the average sky PPV event? At no point whatsoever did it have any feel of a box office show. Yes, it was their first attempt at it for a while but when you're testing the waters for a ppv platform surely you have to come up with more than what ITV served up last night. At least sky's events generally have a bit of pizzazz about them even if the fights aren't always what we would consider ppv worthy.
glenn_user
Executive Member

« Reply #157 on: February 05, 2017, 12:40:21 PM »

i only wanted to see the price fight last night, like many i had some sympathy for him after what had gone on, but no more. he hasnt changed anything, he obvously hasnt trained properly at all, so how serious can he be? he has deluded himself with this notion of having been cheated by an old man and that rolly polly turkish guy.

wasnt the story that when he was looking to change trainers post thompson, he didnt want anyone telling him what to do, or help to change his style. true or not i dont know, but it certainly seems that way.

i dont think ive seen anyone, let alone a supposed athlete look so unsteady, awkward and uncomfortable on their feet, and that was from the beginning. fury called him a big stiff idiot. right on all three counts sadly.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #158 on: February 05, 2017, 01:13:30 PM »

want was the official result announced on the Price fight.....And your winner by way of gassing
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #159 on: February 05, 2017, 01:28:46 PM »

I think he's a dick and lacks power.

He's got no chance at all in the adult entertainment industry then
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #160 on: February 05, 2017, 01:30:53 PM »

want was the official result announced on the Price fight.....And your winner by way of gassing

Don't worry mate, Price will ne fine and come back from this...we're just waiting for Hammer's drug test to come back with the right result
Bonters
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #161 on: February 05, 2017, 01:35:50 PM »

How do you think it compared as a product to the average sky PPV event? At no point whatsoever did it have any feel of a box office show. Yes, it was their first attempt at it for a while but when you're testing the waters for a ppv platform surely you have to come up with more than what ITV served up last night. At least sky's events generally have a bit of pizzazz about them even if the fights aren't always what we would consider ppv worthy.

Couldn't agree more Gaz, it was dire!  Ok, I started to be impressed when they had Ward and Lennox ringside but the compere asking them the questions was like somebody they dragged off the street.  And poor ole Lennox is no commentator or analyst!  One of his quotes was along the lines of 'Er.......yeah......you know......you went in there and erm........did what you had to do.  Keep on doing that'  Jaysus, what good advice that was to a boxer?  It was just representative of the whole amateurish feel to the show and I'm pretty sure I could've done a better job of the production.  Just dreadful and I certainly cannot imagine who would think of buying into ITV PPV in the future?
Bonters
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #162 on: February 05, 2017, 01:37:27 PM »

What was the official result announced on the Price fight.....And your winner by way of gassing

Poor old Pricey, brings a whole new meaning to 'In no condition to continue'   Grin
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #163 on: February 05, 2017, 02:10:53 PM »

Don't worry mate, Price will ne fine and come back from this...we're just waiting for Hammer's drug test to come back with the right result

Ahh fair...wasn't his fault  Grin Dave Coldwell not coming out of this one unscathed either.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #164 on: February 05, 2017, 02:11:24 PM »

Poor old Pricey, brings a whole new meaning to 'In no condition to continue'   Grin

Maybe they will introduce time outs in his next fight.
LiveFight

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: