LiveFight
April 30, 2017, 06:42:23 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ITV Box Office - (PPV)  (Read 9307 times)
G-man
Executive Member

« Reply #165 on: February 05, 2017, 02:37:10 PM »

Is it legal to administer oxygen between rounds?
LiveFight
« Reply #165 on: February 05, 2017, 02:37:10 PM »

Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #166 on: February 05, 2017, 04:46:47 PM »

Ahh fair...wasn't his fault  Grin Dave Coldwell not coming out of this one unscathed either.

Questions have to be asked of Coldwell. He would've had to of seen this in training and therefore putting his fighter at risk of serious damage.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #167 on: February 05, 2017, 05:09:54 PM »

Questions have to be asked of Coldwell. He would've had to of seen this in training and therefore putting his fighter at risk of serious damage.

His Twitter was full of trolls when he took on Price and he's a biter... he was having these back and forth arguments online acting like Price was still a top contender. When your fighter has to bend over the ropes to catch his breath then maybe it's time to throw in the towel.
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #168 on: February 05, 2017, 06:34:51 PM »

It's gonna get worse for Caldwell after the Haye-Bellew fight
Bermondsey Boy

« Reply #169 on: February 05, 2017, 07:30:46 PM »

Price is conning a living.

Imagine if he'd won, they'd be calling out AJ yet wouldn't go near Chisora, Whyte or even that Northern heavyweight.

Coldwell is on the Sky pay roll as an analyst yet he allows his fighter to turn up in horrific shape.
LiveFight
« Reply #169 on: February 05, 2017, 07:30:46 PM »

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #170 on: February 05, 2017, 07:39:02 PM »

Looking forward to Haye planting Bellew. Bellew feels free to say what he wants and then has a giant bitch fit when Haye mocks Price's S&C.
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #171 on: February 05, 2017, 08:23:09 PM »

They've all been having a set to on twitter. Coldwell saying that his fighters employ their own S&C coaches. That may be the case but he's the head trainer so would see first hand that he can't do more than 5 rounds. He has a responsibility to his fighter.
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #172 on: February 05, 2017, 08:45:07 PM »

They've all been having a set to on twitter. Coldwell saying that his fighters employ their own S&C coaches. That may be the case but he's the head trainer so would see first hand that he can't do more than 5 rounds. He has a responsibility to his fighter.

Fair enough they have their own s&c coaches,  but he must know the kids d can't do 5 rds on pads.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #173 on: February 05, 2017, 11:00:15 PM »

You'd think he'd have his fighters doing 15 round spars....especially when they have stamina issues. Price hardly left first gear yet still gassed. Shocking excuse from Dave.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #174 on: February 06, 2017, 09:09:22 AM »

That excuse really doesn't wash from Coldwell......all well and good saying that the fighters employ their own S&C teams, but as chief boxing coach which at the end of the day is why anybody is there, you have a duty to make sure that the fighter is putting the graft in and his 'S&C team' are up to the job.

Nobody in their right mind can genuinely feel that Price has an actual team/person behind him responsible for his fitness who'd let him turn up like that.

Clearly he'd not trained properly and clearly Coldwell turned a blind eye to it probably hoping that Price would blow the guy out early and no harm done. But once his man didn't fold, then Price was f*cked.

And now in hindsight I recall Coldwell saying a few months back how Price's weight had risen in recent fights by design as he was weakening himself by coming in lighter previously and this played a part in his fragility, etc.

Obviously now that was all bullshit just to cover up the fact that Price wasn't putting the required work in at the gym......though was definitely putting a bit of time in at the chippy!

None of it really matter though....Price initially had ambitions of fighting at the highest level, but he was found wanting. And even if he employed Mackie f'kin Shilstone it wouldn't make any difference in the big scheme of things. He hasn't got the attributes needed and retirement from fighting is his only option.

" Thanks Wlad, good game...We should play another round or two soon eh? "

Bonters
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #175 on: February 06, 2017, 03:03:53 PM »

I think they were maybe thinking along the lines that virtually no Price fight is going beyond about 4 Rounds?  By then either he or his opponent will have been KO'd and nobody much can guess which!  If he attempts to continue in boxing somebody needs to take a close look at his risk factors, otherwise he's a disaster waiting to happen.  Hopefully he will now realise it's the end of the line  -  God knows who you could put him in against to try and rebuild his career?  The jury's no longer out, Pricey, on yer bike fella!   Wink
tweetstreet
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #176 on: February 06, 2017, 05:29:30 PM »

Just sign him up for constant 4 rounders as a KO merchant. He could be the new butter bean lol
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #177 on: February 06, 2017, 05:58:25 PM »

I think they were maybe thinking along the lines that virtually no Price fight is going beyond about 4 Rounds?  By then either he or his opponent will have been KO'd and nobody much can guess which!  If he attempts to continue in boxing somebody needs to take a close look at his risk factors, otherwise he's a disaster waiting to happen.  Hopefully he will now realise it's the end of the line  -  God knows who you could put him in against to try and rebuild his career?  The jury's no longer out, Pricey, on yer bike fella!   Wink

Once Christian Hammer's drug test comes back as positive, everything will be fine and Pricey can start talking up the AJ fight again  Wink
LiveFight

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: