LiveFight
September 24, 2017, 12:02:04 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Liam Smith v Liam Williams, 8th of April at Manchester Arena.  (Read 3634 times)
tweetstreet
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2017, 07:47:08 PM »

I didn't have the smith fight anywhere near the scores the judges had.

Had Williams well In front

Same here as you know mate, good to meet you last night hopefully see you at some more in the future.

Williams will come again and a rematch makes sense, I guess it can be made for the vacant belt if and when Canelo vacates.
LiveFight
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2017, 07:47:08 PM »

Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2017, 09:44:07 AM »

I liked the look of Catterall last night having not been overly impressed with him in the past.

I didn't even realise he wasn't with Lee Beard any more. What's happened to Beard? he never seems to be able to hang on to a fighter for long.

I think Catt went it alone with Beard's co-trainer.

It was a few months ago but dont have any info.
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2017, 11:57:44 AM »

Just read of the Daily Mail website that there was a near riot after Smith Williams. Was it that bad?
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2017, 12:18:13 PM »

Just read of the Daily Mail website that there was a near riot after Smith Williams. Was it that bad?

I think Faulks put some pictures on his FB of it looking pretty tasty in there.
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2017, 03:30:37 PM »

Yeah i put four vids up.

The welsh wernt happy and started kicking off with the idiots in yellow.

I am not for one minute condoning violence but those idiots in the yellow really get above themselves.

Its probably a minority of them but if a large portion of the crowd are pissed out their head and shouting and swearing let them cool down would be my tact. Th Their boy (IMO) was goijng to win the fight until the headbutt. There was one that went straight over so he got chinned and it all went downhill from there. Probably ten minutes all in all.

No where near as rough as the super six in brum a few years back and was small scale compared to a prizefighter riot I seen down south  Grin

By the way, I aint slagging the Welsh off (for a change) I had some scouse mong behind chanting sheep sheep blah blah blah, his fighter got very lucky in that fight the pleb
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 03:33:33 PM by Faulks » Logged
LiveFight
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2017, 03:30:37 PM »

lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2017, 09:38:05 AM »

I'm sort of surprised at the backlash towards Smith post fight....in regards the actual fight.

I really think he was on his way to a win, despite Williams giving a great account of himself. Williams boxed excellently early and when Smith was cut it looked like Williams could be on his way. But Smith fought his way back and despite the blood, little by little he gained ground back.

The cut Williams suffered came at a very unfortunate time for him....but I think his chance had gone really. He was ahead on the cards and mine too, but I don't think he had enough left to take the remaining rounds where Smith on the other hand was getting his punches home more with each passing round.

I think at best for Williams that he would have lost a decision as Smith would have taken the remaining rounds and nipped ahead. At worst for him, I think there was a very real chance that Smith would have got him going and won by TKO. And I really do think that Lockett felt this way too hence the way he didn't even bother trying to do anything with the cut. I think he saw the writing on the wall and he did sort of allude to that afterwards when he said look at the cut and Smith was coming on strong. I think he felt his mans chance had perhaps gone but he could be saved for another day.

Better to take a cut eye loss that many see as very controversial, than be stopped late on or overhauled down the stretch.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2017, 09:46:23 AM »

I think it stems largely from the fact that he didn't make weight for the fight.  Yes, he came back well, but equally he took an advantage over Williams into the fight before the first bell had even rung and the nature of it was likely to come into play in the second half of the fight.  All told, his post fight interview didn't demonstrate much in the way of class either.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2017, 10:37:22 AM »

I think it stems largely from the fact that he didn't make weight for the fight.  Yes, he came back well, but equally he took an advantage over Williams into the fight before the first bell had even rung and the nature of it was likely to come into play in the second half of the fight.  All told, his post fight interview didn't demonstrate much in the way of class either.

Yeah i can see that....I don't know what went on with the weight, seems a real cluster f*ck from all concerned. Obviously Smith/Gallagher for not making it initially and then the board and the WBO officials for giving them duff info about only having an hour to lose it when in fact they had two.

I don't think he really said anything out of line afterwards, but he does have an air about him that many people don't seem to take too.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2017, 10:47:29 AM »

Yeah i can see that....I don't know what went on with the weight, seems a real cluster f*ck from all concerned. Obviously Smith/Gallagher for not making it initially and then the board and the WBO officials for giving them duff info about only having an hour to lose it when in fact they had two.

I don't think he really said anything out of line afterwards, but he does have an air about him that many people don't seem to take too.

For me it was the overall tone of it than any particular statement.

He seems to have that Scouser trait (some not all, obviously) of being really, really oversensitive.  Paul is similar, Swifty and Callum seem somewhat less so.  I remember him having a meltdown on Twitter at Danny Flexen a while back and he came across awfully then.
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2017, 01:14:29 PM »

For me it was the overall tone of it than any particular statement.

He seems to have that Scouser trait (some not all, obviously) of being really, really oversensitive.  Paul is similar, Swifty and Callum seem somewhat less so.  I remember him having a meltdown on Twitter at Danny Flexen a while back and he came across awfully then.
It also didn't help Paul being an absolute bellend in the ring after. But from what I see of Paul Smith that is usually the case unfortuantely
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2017, 02:22:00 PM »

If i remember rightly Paul was a bit of a C**t in the build up to the ward fight.. Which he didnt make weight for
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2017, 01:17:11 PM »

If i remember rightly Paul was a bit of a C**t in the build up to the ward fight.. Which he didnt make weight for
I think he got into a war of words with loads of people on twitter and then starting abusing people's photos of their missus and kids. Never ever liked the bloke
tweetstreet
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2017, 02:08:54 PM »

I think at the end of the day Smith shouldn't be able to walk round with his head held high after this, he took an advantage into the fight and finished it due to a blatant head butt. There defintaely needs to be a rematch.

My only concern in the build up to the fight was that despite Williams getting some fantastic sparring in Vegas was whether he was still taking care of things fitness wise that he would have done in wales, and also maybe he missed a few days training due to travel.
LiveFight

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: