LiveFight
June 24, 2017, 10:30:21 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tonight's Fights 28.01.17  (Read 2089 times)
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« on: January 28, 2017, 08:49:52 AM »

Tonight's cards must have the best line up of fights in a good while. Aside from the Frampton fight and card which is excellent BN are showing the Vargas v Berchelt fight which has Miura v Roman on the undercard. Both of those could be very entertaining too.
LiveFight
« on: January 28, 2017, 08:49:52 AM »

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 09:03:01 AM »

Just seen that the Selby fight is off as Barros failed a medical as a result of having hepatitis. Real shame for Selby but ridiculous it was only discovered on the day of the weigh in.
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 04:23:15 PM »

Shame two channels showing great fights at clashing times. Usually sky is shit but they get my vote tonight.

Hopefully sky can get through without asking Hearn what his view is.

Team Groves
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 05:54:40 PM »

Looking forward to tonight, fights like this I wish I was Out in Vegas.

I was one of the frampton won't win brigade, to small,  it's in the states etc etc .

But..... I'm going with it again. I think he will lose
This bout by ud.

Really looking forward to it though and I'll gladly be proven wrong.

For the record though I'm Team Quigg this isn't a bitter thing I will be cheering the jackal on in the early hours
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2017, 06:40:28 PM »

Just seen that the Selby fight is off as Barros failed a medical as a result of having hepatitis. Real shame for Selby but ridiculous it was only discovered on the day of the weigh in.

Surely these sort of things should be sorted before fighters start camp? Whichever state/organisation is licensing the fight should carry it medicals straight away.
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2017, 06:40:28 PM »

Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2017, 09:17:45 AM »

Like I said I wasn't bitter as a quigg fan

But F*ck you tampon  Cheesy
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2017, 09:23:26 AM »

I felt LSC went into his fights as the A-side and underestimated Frampton originally and would tweak it for quality over quantity in a rematch - and it made the difference.

A nice 3rd fight will reveal who is top dog. 

Be great if it's in Belfast but doubt it !
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2017, 10:52:18 AM »

I felt LSC went into his fights as the A-side and underestimated Frampton originally and would tweak it for quality over quantity in a rematch - and it made the difference.

A nice 3rd fight will reveal who is top dog. 

Be great if it's in Belfast but doubt it !

It was a nip and tuck type fight where I think LSC's approach surprised Frampton and that kept the Mexican a step ahead. I had it 6-5-1 to LSC, it was a fair decision. I think a 3rd fight would be fascinating but like you say I can't see it being in Belfast.

Really Frampton made a mistake in agreeing to the rematch in Vegas, he'd have been better agreeing to a return but only in Belfast. I thought the Vegas judges were fair last night, but in Belfast Frampton would have gone in with a big edge and that might have made the difference in the fight.

Now I can only see a rubber match happening if its in Vegas. Either way its a series that demands a 3rd fight wherever it takes place.

" Thanks Wlad, good game...We should play another round or two soon eh? "

Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2017, 11:09:10 AM »

It was a nip and tuck type fight where I think LSC's approach surprised Frampton and that kept the Mexican a step ahead. I had it 6-5-1 to LSC, it was a fair decision. I think a 3rd fight would be fascinating but like you say I can't see it being in Belfast.

Really Frampton made a mistake in agreeing to the rematch in Vegas, he'd have been better agreeing to a return but only in Belfast. I thought the Vegas judges were fair last night, but in Belfast Frampton would have gone in with a big edge and that might have made the difference in the fight.

Now I can only see a rubber match happening if its in Vegas. Either way its a series that demands a 3rd fight wherever it takes place.

You say mistake but surely the aim for any fighter is to head line in Vegas??

Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2017, 12:09:23 PM »

Clear to see a decent jab from a rangy guy is the ticket to breaking down a Frampton game plan....he was far to eager to get his own shots back everytime he got caught.

Frampton went about that fight in a way where it looked like he'd take the late rounds but he kept switching his tactics and it cost him. Wish he'd of just stuck on the chest and belted that Cruz body.
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2017, 01:41:17 PM »

Good fight. The right decision although a very close one. Nice to see the class from Frampton after. A few boxers (including some others in the McGuigan stable) should take note. I think a 3rd fight is necessary but i'd prefer it if it waited a while.

I thought Haye was excellent on commentary last night as well. And the female presenter was also very good

Mikey Garica looked awesome as well
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2017, 06:07:54 PM »

Frampton just wasn't sharp enough and seemed to sacrifice his jab early. Just because of Leo's long arms doesn't mean you can't jab with him, as he proved in the first fight.
Thought he did well to make it so close all things considered and think a rematch would see him back to the original game plan rather than going left hook heavy the whole fight.
Right decision, both top fighters.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2017, 06:13:15 PM »

You say mistake but surely the aim for any fighter is to head line in Vegas??

Its an aim for some but for others not so much.....what would Frampton have prefered, to headline in Vegas and have a loss on his slate or to fight in Belfast and be 2-0 against LSC?

I understand your point about the lure of the bright lights of Vegas, but its lost some lustre for me. Muted atmospheres, celebrity crowds who don't realy give a sh*t about the sport, and no question visiting fighters are right up against it in terms of the general standard of officiating.

" Thanks Wlad, good game...We should play another round or two soon eh? "

TC

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2017, 09:21:44 AM »

Didn't think Shane McGuigan covered himself in glory in the corner.

Thought Frampton might have shot himself in the foot a bit by admitting he lost the fight. Hopefully LSC is a man of his word and agrees to a third fight though.

No way have team Frampton got a big enough cheque book to get Santa Cruz over here though, and NI doesn't really have a venue big enough for the event anyway does it?

"Me: We"
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2017, 09:29:51 AM »

Didn't think Shane McGuigan covered himself in glory in the corner.

Thought Frampton might have shot himself in the foot a bit by admitting he lost the fight. Hopefully LSC is a man of his word and agrees to a third fight though.

No way have team Frampton got a big enough cheque book to get Santa Cruz over here though, and NI doesn't really have a venue big enough for the event anyway does it?

I imagine they'd aim for Windsor Park or construct a venue by the Titanic Quarter like they did for the Martinez fight.  Although I agree the finances might be a bit of an ask as I'm sure US TV would want it on prime time again.

Hopefully the third fight in the trilogy happens though.  Another good fight although LSC made the necessary adjustments and Frampton was always playing catch-up after the first couple of rounds.

I've not had the chance to watch the BN card yet but it sounds like the fights on that were a good watch too.  Nice start to 2017 so far by all accounts.
LiveFight

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: