LiveFight
November 22, 2017, 09:08:02 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hearn: Brook likely to press on against Errol Spence  (Read 8216 times)
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2017, 04:46:59 PM »

I think it is - because they are two top welters.

Might not resonate with the casuals, but it's a more realistic 'fight' than Bellew / Haye.
LiveFight
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2017, 04:46:59 PM »

jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2017, 04:55:07 PM »

I think it is - because they are two top welters.

Might not resonate with the casuals, but it's a more realistic 'fight' than Bellew / Haye.
I'm not sure. Is Brook a PPV fighter on his own ala AJ? As if not, Spence isn't a big enough name to help carry it,

As seen with Degale v Jack & Frampton v LSC, the better fights aren't necessarily PPV's
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2017, 05:11:32 PM »

I'm not sure. Is Brook a PPV fighter on his own ala AJ? As if not, Spence isn't a big enough name to help carry it,

As seen with Degale v Jack & Frampton v LSC, the better fights aren't necessarily PPV's

In Kells own mind he is.

This is a good fight, but he is not up against a modern day great etc. We know Hearn has low standards for a PPV though so i'd be more surpassed if this did not end up on PPV.

Team Groves
Scarface
Executive Member

« Reply #78 on: February 20, 2017, 07:04:47 PM »

I think if people know who GGG is... then they are likely to know who Errol Spence is.

The name Gennady Golovkin means nothing unless you follow boxing... and if you follow boxing you must know that Errol Spence is a rising star that nobody wants to face... plus the amount of "brook is ducking spence" youtube videos and posts flying around for the past 2 months will surely be prompting the casuals to think "who must this spence kid be... I thought brook just faced a beast in the sport of boxing".

I think it is a PPV event based purely on the recent poor matchups they deemed worthy of PPV.... but lets not set a poor president.

The US boxing fans will be really keen to see this fight... more so than the UK fans, perhaps, who were hoping to finally see brook v khan.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 07:06:30 PM by Scarface » Logged

You need people like me ... You need people like me so you can point your fokking finger and say hey, dats the bad guy.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2017, 07:21:30 PM »

I think if people know who GGG is... then they are likely to know who Errol Spence is.

The name Gennady Golovkin means nothing unless you follow boxing... and if you follow boxing you must know that Errol Spence is a rising star that nobody wants to face... plus the amount of "brook is ducking spence" youtube videos and posts flying around for the past 2 months will surely be prompting the casuals to think "who must this spence kid be... I thought brook just faced a beast in the sport of boxing".

I think it is a PPV event based purely on the recent poor matchups they deemed worthy of PPV.... but lets not set a poor president.

The US boxing fans will be really keen to see this fight... more so than the UK fans, perhaps, who were hoping to finally see brook v khan.

Spence beating Brook would be a much greater feat then any of Golovkins wins.
LiveFight
« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2017, 07:21:30 PM »

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #80 on: February 21, 2017, 10:36:50 AM »

I think a lot more people are aware of GGG.  But even if the same amount of people know who Spence is, the level of interest in GGG is markedly higher.  GGG has been on TV over here since BN started in 2011 and has fought Brits in Macklin and Murray as well as  Proksa who was based over here.  He's also been linked with one of the biggest names in the sport in Canelo for a good while now which is a completely different stratosphere to a few videos about Spence and Brook over the last couple of months.
Scarface
Executive Member

« Reply #81 on: February 21, 2017, 12:33:29 PM »

Do you think the majority of people came to see GGG as oppose to seeing brook then. Cus i got the feeling most people wanted to see brook tested for the first time. Though this time brook is being tested at the weight class he holds a world title at.

You need people like me ... You need people like me so you can point your fokking finger and say hey, dats the bad guy.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #82 on: February 21, 2017, 12:46:18 PM »

Do you think the majority of people came to see GGG as oppose to seeing brook then. Cus i got the feeling most people wanted to see brook tested for the first time. Though this time brook is being tested at the weight class he holds a world title at.

I think a lot of people would have bought tickets to see one of the top P4P fighters in person whilst the opportunity presented itself in the UK firstly.  Secondly 'the event' and thirdly Brook.
Kevan2
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Doctor will see you now

« Reply #83 on: February 21, 2017, 02:58:50 PM »

EDDIE HEARN UNCUT! - ON BROOK v SPENCE, AMIR KHAN, BELLEW-HAYE QUIGG-ROACH, DeGALE, EUBANK, ITV PPV
http://youtu.be/o_NrtiubHc4?t=14

Dear Santa, this year i have been a very good boy, well, nearly all year, well to be honest, you can hardly call it good, oh phuck it, never mind, i\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ll buy my own shit!!
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #84 on: February 21, 2017, 06:20:24 PM »

EDDIE HEARN UNCUT! - ON BROOK v SPENCE, AMIR KHAN, BELLEW-HAYE QUIGG-ROACH, DeGALE, EUBANK, ITV PPV
http://youtu.be/o_NrtiubHc4?t=14

So Box Office it is then!!!
Kevan2
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #85 on: February 21, 2017, 07:41:49 PM »

So Box Office it is then!!!
Dont shoot the messenger

Dear Santa, this year i have been a very good boy, well, nearly all year, well to be honest, you can hardly call it good, oh phuck it, never mind, i\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ll buy my own shit!!
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #86 on: February 22, 2017, 07:35:29 AM »

"To give Kell what he deserves" that's some bullshit right there. Kell has spent a large amount of time post Porter getting more than he deserves with some of the guys he's faced.

Team Groves
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #87 on: February 22, 2017, 09:37:16 AM »

Dont shoot the messenger

Oh never that mate cheers for posting
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #88 on: February 22, 2017, 11:17:00 AM »

"To give Kell what he deserves" that's some bullshit right there. Kell has spent a large amount of time post Porter getting more than he deserves with some of the guys he's faced.

There was an article on PPV in last weeks Boxing News and from this weeks cover it looks like the issue will be covered again in an interview with Adam Smith.

For all the rhetoric Hearn and Smith trot out, it's hard to see any reality in which Brook fighting a mandatory challenger in his first world title can meet the threshold of being PPV worthy. Of course there is the argument that if people are willing to pay for it then it is worthy but that is very narrow thinking given that this will be coming a few short months after Haye v Bellew which has all the hallmarks of Haye v Harrison which was the fight that sunk the PPV model the last time Sky got greedy.

I accept that AJ v Wlad is PPV fight, not the best ever but it's a solid fight.  But that makes for one fight out of three in the same number of months where fans will be asked to spend out over 50 on top of their monthly subscriptions.  Although it is interesting that Haye v Bellew is up first which seems to me to present the most likely to disappoint those who thoughts are based on what Sky Sports tell them.  If Haye catches Bellew early and he turns away like he did against Stevenson it would be interesting to see the nature of the backlash.  I'd envisage that AJ v Wlad wouldn't be effected but Brook v Spence could be on very shaky ground when Sky are holding out their hand to be furnished with another 18.
Kevan2
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #89 on: February 22, 2017, 02:08:58 PM »

My personal feeling is that David Haye vs Tony Bellew, is an intriguing match up but PPV? Seriously? Brook vs Spence another cracking little fight but again, PPV? i dont think so. Its not going to be long before everything is PPV even Pub Fighter. Boxing is gonna get crushed beneath PPV events being thrust down our throats by greedy Promoters. Just my thoughts on it.

LiveFight

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: