LiveFight
May 24, 2017, 03:37:21 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hearn: Brook likely to press on against Errol Spence  (Read 5052 times)
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #90 on: February 22, 2017, 03:54:05 PM »

There was an article on PPV in last weeks Boxing News and from this weeks cover it looks like the issue will be covered again in an interview with Adam Smith.

For all the rhetoric Hearn and Smith trot out, it's hard to see any reality in which Brook fighting a mandatory challenger in his first world title can meet the threshold of being PPV worthy. Of course there is the argument that if people are willing to pay for it then it is worthy but that is very narrow thinking given that this will be coming a few short months after Haye v Bellew which has all the hallmarks of Haye v Harrison which was the fight that sunk the PPV model the last time Sky got greedy.

I accept that AJ v Wlad is PPV fight, not the best ever but it's a solid fight.  But that makes for one fight out of three in the same number of months where fans will be asked to spend out over 50 on top of their monthly subscriptions.  Although it is interesting that Haye v Bellew is up first which seems to me to present the most likely to disappoint those who thoughts are based on what Sky Sports tell them.  If Haye catches Bellew early and he turns away like he did against Stevenson it would be interesting to see the nature of the backlash.  I'd envisage that AJ v Wlad wouldn't be effected but Brook v Spence could be on very shaky ground when Sky are holding out their hand to be furnished with another 18.

Their is not a part of me that thinks thr AJ fight can be nothing mediocre. If you're after excitement I would probably sooner pay for Haye vs Bellew.

Vlad does not do exciting fights, and if AJ blitzes him, Cory Sanders RIP has already been their done that  Wink. Added that Fury has already beaten klitschko in his own yard i can't shed the feeling of so what if you beat the 40 plus year old champion.

Team Groves
LiveFight
« Reply #90 on: February 22, 2017, 03:54:05 PM »

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #91 on: February 22, 2017, 04:05:35 PM »

I agree that AJ v Wlad isn't going to be a Foreman v Lyle type of affair.  The PPV acceptance being based on the AJ's profile + Wlad's accomplishments/standing + it's at Wembley for a couple of belts = PPV sort of thing.

Brook + mandatory + Bramhall Lane + IBF title = the bargain bin version of the above.
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #92 on: February 22, 2017, 04:26:01 PM »

I agree that AJ v Wlad isn't going to be a Foreman v Lyle type of affair.  The PPV acceptance being based on the AJ's profile + Wlad's accomplishments/standing + it's at Wembley for a couple of belts = PPV sort of thing.

Brook + mandatory + Bramhall Lane + IBF title = the bargain bin version of the above.

Yeah fair point. I'm fearing waking up the day after if AJ wins.

Team Groves
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #93 on: February 22, 2017, 04:27:59 PM »

Yeah fair point. I'm fearing waking up the day after if AJ wins.

Haha, I'm sure there will be a good few out there ranking it above Ali's win over Foreman if he does.
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #94 on: February 22, 2017, 04:33:51 PM »

Haha, I'm sure there will be a good few out there ranking it above Ali's win over Foreman if he does.

That silver spoon fed magician dressing thief promoter will be the first.

I can actually see Joshua doing it early.

Team Groves
LiveFight
« Reply #94 on: February 22, 2017, 04:33:51 PM »

Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #95 on: February 22, 2017, 05:37:09 PM »

Wlad will win. The first solid jab that Joshua eats will stiffen him up then he'll get sloppy and try to come out firing and Wlad will land a right hand and that'll be all she wrote.

Scarface
Executive Member

« Reply #96 on: February 22, 2017, 06:35:36 PM »

When i first heard haye v bellew being made. I was not excited at all. However when they announced it was on 4th March... the same day as Thurman v Garcia... that made the deal sweet. As its the prefect excuse for an all nighter with your mates. Don't need much of an excuse... but helps when some need a 'get out of jail' free card with the missus.

You need people like me ... You need people like me so you can point your fokking finger and say hey, dats the bad guy.
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #97 on: February 22, 2017, 08:34:58 PM »

When i first heard haye v bellew being made. I was not excited at all. However when they announced it was on 4th March... the same day as Thurman v Garcia... that made the deal sweet. As its the prefect excuse for an all nighter with your mates. Don't need much of an excuse... but helps when some need a 'get out of jail' free card with the missus.

Exactly...I'm trying to get all my ducks lined up in a row as we speak, ready for march 4th to roll on!
Havoc
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #98 on: March 22, 2017, 04:19:41 PM »

It's confirmed.

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/10808937/brook-vs-spence-jr-kell-brook-to-defend-ibf-title-against-errol-spence-jr-at-bramall-lane-on-may-27
Tuco
Executive Member

'When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.' Tuco

« Reply #99 on: March 22, 2017, 05:38:42 PM »

A tough fight for Brook. Be interesting to see what happens when He hits Spence on the chin.

Faceoff. I'm surprised how much bigger Spence is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWhLOC3Plzg
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #100 on: March 22, 2017, 06:01:32 PM »

A tough fight for Brook. Be interesting to see what happens when He hits Spence on the chin.

Faceoff. I'm surprised how much bigger Spence is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWhLOC3Plzg

Its nothing, just camera angle....he's an inch bigger at most.
Bear in mind he was probably wearing heeled shoes, whilst Brook would have been in trainers. They're basically the same size. I just hope Brook can make 47 safely.

If he can.....then we have a helluva fight on our hands. Spence is coming with that kind of Amercian arrogance that could make him implode on fight night. He's had it all his own way so far and he's full of confidence and believes his own hype. But how will it affect his confidence when he tastes a chocolate brownie? He's been used to basically smashing people up, and his stance is wide to generate maximum power, but that's a bad habit and against better opposition it means he'll be an easier target. This is Spence's first time against an oppone who'll be punching back and has the power and speed to do him serious harm.

Its an intriguing fight for sure.

" Thanks Wlad, good game...We should play another round or two soon eh? "

Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #101 on: March 22, 2017, 08:38:09 PM »

Have they both signed up for VADA testing?
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #102 on: March 22, 2017, 09:15:06 PM »

Have they both signed up for VADA testing?

Brook definitely is, not sure about Spence.
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2017, 09:28:03 PM »

More box office bollocks, piss off Hearn.

Team Groves
Tuco
Executive Member

'When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.' Tuco

« Reply #104 on: March 23, 2017, 12:08:28 AM »

Its nothing, just camera angle....he's an inch bigger at most.
Bear in mind he was probably wearing heeled shoes, whilst Brook would have been in trainers. They're basically the same size. I just hope Brook can make 47 safely.

If he can.....then we have a helluva fight on our hands. Spence is coming with that kind of Amercian arrogance that could make him implode on fight night. He's had it all his own way so far and he's full of confidence and believes his own hype. But how will it affect his confidence when he tastes a chocolate brownie? He's been used to basically smashing people up, and his stance is wide to generate maximum power, but that's a bad habit and against better opposition it means he'll be an easier target. This is Spence's first time against an oppone who'll be punching back and has the power and speed to do him serious harm.

Its an intriguing fight for sure.

He has been used to smashing people and he's still quite green. This is a big test for him. Its a massive show, he may not be prepared to get into the big fight bubble Hearn likes to create. He's only had 21 pro fights, that could play in in Brooks favour. Maybe i'm clutching at straws.

I don't like this fight for Brook, not coming off a loss, it's a dangerous fight for him. Spence is the worst kind of opponant to face after your first loss. Credit to Brook for taking it, but Brook will be fighting two times over. 1. the weight cut 2. Spence. Thats a tough ask.

On a side note, I know Hearn gets alot of hate on here but he's rejuvinated British boxing of late imo. He's delivering some quality fights and create a buzz. He's cetainly rejuvinated my interest in Boxing anyway. I think i'm in the minority when I say.... I actually like the guy. *runs and hides*
LiveFight

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: